Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,732,073 Members 40,780 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

M8 Verizon not able to be unlocked through HTC Dev

Tip us?

hgoldner
Old
Thanks Meter 519
Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderbls View Post
It still does it's hit and miss if you are following the instructions correctly. Do me a favor and try with this older download of Firewater and please let me know if it works..
https://www.dropbox.com/s/bsxis3ai8ktzbgc/firewater.bin
Firewater does *not* work on M8's that have taken the 1.55 OTA update. You have to use an exploit developed by the developers of Firewater/weaksauce called "Sunshine" which costs $25. It is the only known way to secure S-OFF on the Verizon HTC One M8. And, yes, HTD dev still does not permit Verizon bootloader unlock.
Verizon Wireless HTC One M8 - Rooted/S-Off
Firmware/ROM: Stock 1.55.605.2
Asus Transformer TF300T - Rooted/unlocked
Firmware/ROM: 10.6.1.27.5 firmware; TWRP; CROMI-X
Nexus 7 FHD (2013) - Rooted/locked - KitKat KTU84L (v4.4.3)
Chromecast - Rooted
Firmware/ROM:: FlashCast; Eureka ROM
Retired devices: HTC Rezound; Nexus 7 (2012); HTC Droid Incredible; Arnova 10 G2

bitemeoftn
Old
Thanks Meter 63
Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderbls View Post
It still does it's hit and miss if you are following the instructions correctly. Do me a favor and try with this older download of Firewater and please let me know if it works..
https://www.dropbox.com/s/bsxis3ai8ktzbgc/firewater.bin
Thanks, man! I'll give it a shot and let you know.

TechnicalUplink
Old
Thanks Meter 0
So is there still a possibility that this can be broken through or is it a definite that the One M8 will never be able to be unlocked on Verizon? I literally just bought the phone today hoping to get Cyanogen on it.

wtoj34
Old
Thanks Meter 139
Quote:
Originally Posted by TechnicalUplink View Post
So is there still a possibility that this can be broken through or is it a definite that the One M8 will never be able to be unlocked on Verizon? I literally just bought the phone today hoping to get Cyanogen on it.
Huh? You're looking at a very old thread, buddy. The Verizon m8 has been unlocked for months now via exploits
If I help any one any where at any time, please let me know by clicking thanks!
Current devices: HTC ONE M8, Galaxy Nexus, Motorola Xoom Former devices: Droid X2, Droid Charge, Note 2,

TechnicalUplink
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Can you link me to the newer stuff? From what I have heard the 1.55 update locked it down.

thunderbls
Old
Thanks Meter 65
Quote:
Originally Posted by TechnicalUplink View Post
Can you link me to the newer stuff? From what I have heard the 1.55 update locked it down.
http://theroot.ninja. Here is the link to the sunshine appplication download install run and pay $25 after.

Breezer23
Old
Thanks Meter 89
Ugh. So if I updated to 1.55 while I was rooted and unlocked, but ended up having to relock my boot loader I'm screwed? I thought I'd have to return the device due to a USB issue but the issue has resolved itself. I'd like to root and unlock it again...

TechnicalUplink
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Use the Sunshine app. It works. I just got through doing the Sunshine app process and it works. I'm also on Verizon running that 1.55 update.

The Sunshine app will unlock the boot loader. Then you have to flash a custom recovery using the ADB method through cmd prompt. I would recommend the TWRP recovery. I had a lot of trouble getting the clockwork one to work. After that flash Super SU on and bingo, you have your root access back. Definitally worth the $25.