Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,736,344 Members 46,775 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[BOUNTY] New Root Method Exploit - ACHIEVED!!!!!

Tip us?

Sleepycloud
Old
(Last edited by Sleepycloud; 14th July 2014 at 09:10 AM.)
Thanks Meter 49
I didn't pledge, but Geohot has been my hero for a number of years. I was super stoked when I saw that root had been achieved by him. On another note, now that root has been achieved, can I convert my phone from Verizon to Sprint? I hope someone will answer that. EDIT---> I'll post my question in the proper proper place. My bad.

Transaction Details

Payment Sent (Unique Transaction ID # 6U0177575J8871939)

Sent to:
George Hotz (The recipient of this payment is Verified)
Email:
geohot@gmail.com
Amount sent:
-$25.00 USD
Fee amount:
$0.00 USD
Net amount:
-$25.00 USD
The Following User Says Thank You to Sleepycloud For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

az-dave
Old
Thanks Meter 31
Thumbs up Pledge Paid

I already got the diff phone, however I also still used his root, and thus paid my orig $35 pledge.:

David, your donation is now completePayment by PayPal
Confirmation number: 498148140Y940634P.
An email with your donation details has been sent to **********@cox.net and you can print your donation receipt.
Donations Coordinator Contact Information
geohot@gmail.com

The super-fast and super-easy rooting was by and far the easiest root ive ever done. Im rather stunned.

Thank you GeoHOT!
The Following User Says Thank You to az-dave For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Captain_FSU
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default Bricking and Boot Loops on Nexus 7 2013 WI-FI

I have encounter an error on two separate Nexus 7 Wi-Fi 2013's that believe Towelroot may be the cause of.

Instance 1

Last Friday I install Towelroot onto my Nexus 7 2013, rooted it, install a custom kernel (elementalx) and everything was perfectly fine until the next night when the tablet froze rebooted itself and never got past the Google boot screen again. I returned the bricked Nexus 7 to the store and got a new Nexus 7 2013.

Instance 2

Yesterday I installed Towelroot onto my new Nexus 7 2013, rooted it but did not install a custom kernel. Almost immediately whenever the tablet froze or lagged the tablet would reboot itself and either get stuck at the Google screen or the Nexus logo screen. Once stuck the tablet will reboot itself and repeat the process until I either shut off the device or it eventually boots into Android, it can take 20 or more cycles.

The only real difference at least to me is that one tablet had a custom kernel and one did not, also I do not believe Towelroot is causing the leggings or the freezes but I think it's doing something once the Force Closes occur. I have never seen this kind of a behavior before from a device that I have rooted, I find the correlations very odd. If anyone has any work around that would be great, I just reinstalled towelroot and rooted the Nexus again just to be sure and so far so good.

Demiurge7
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 288
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_FSU View Post
I have encounter an error on two separate Nexus 7 Wi-Fi 2013's that believe Towelroot may be the cause of.

Instance 1

Last Friday I install Towelroot onto my Nexus 7 2013, rooted it, install a custom kernel (elementalx) and everything was perfectly fine until the next night when the tablet froze rebooted itself and never got past the Google boot screen again. I returned the bricked Nexus 7 to the store and got a new Nexus 7 2013.

Instance 2

Yesterday I installed Towelroot onto my new Nexus 7 2013, rooted it but did not install a custom kernel. Almost immediately whenever the tablet froze or lagged the tablet would reboot itself and either get stuck at the Google screen or the Nexus logo screen. Once stuck the tablet will reboot itself and repeat the process until I either shut off the device or it eventually boots into Android, it can take 20 or more cycles.

The only real difference at least to me is that one tablet had a custom kernel and one did not, also I do not believe Towelroot is causing the leggings or the freezes but I think it's doing something once the Force Closes occur. I have never seen this kind of a behavior before from a device that I have rooted, I find the correlations very odd. If anyone has any work around that would be great, I just reinstalled towelroot and rooted the Nexus again just to be sure and so far so good.
I would recommend asking this question on the Nexus 7 forum. This is the bounty thread for the Samsung S5 on VZW. I have not heard of any broad device errors with towelroot (other than disclaimers on known incompatible devices/versions), so my guess is it is something else. Either way, this thread is slow and is being used for posting donations... Probably won't get much response here. Perhaps try the towel root thread if no luck on the Nexus 7 forum.
ERIS-->DINC-->TB-->REZ-->S3-->S4-->S5 + TF201

kuronosan
Old
Thanks Meter 344
Why would you use this on a nexus device anyway?
Click here to donate.
Tags
bounty, exploit, galaxys5, root, verizon