Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,732,073 Members 40,820 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROM][4.4.2] Unofficial CyanogenMod 11 [1/4/14]

Tip us?

astonmartin214
Old
Thanks Meter 72
Quote:
Originally Posted by hhp_211 View Post
Try the twrp 2.6.3 in my V3.4 zip
http://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=23329332407592075

Seems as though V3.5 with twrp 2.7.0 is flawed and not many have had luck with it, other than on the du6 rom from where it came.

Or don't be afraid to try the V3.3

Please post any results or concerns

yea just did it failed CWM 6.0.4.9

hhp_211
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 510
Quote:
Originally Posted by astonmartin214 View Post
yea just did it failed CWM 6.0.4.9
Well let's skip over the fact it's your posting about DU in the cyanogenmod thread,, but please tell me which exact version and date of DU that you're running.

I assume you're running that CWM 6.0.4.9 recovery? and what is it from again?

Also what is it that you're exactly trying to achieve? you've got so many posts in so many forms that I don't think anybody really follows where you're going or what your trying to do.

Currently Running :: Something with some kind of Kernel
Samsung Fascinate SCH-i500
[Kernels] Flashable Jellybean 4.2.x || 4.3 || & tweaks[`Kernels`&`Recovery`] Flashable KitKat || 4.4.x || & Tweaks
Links to Fascinate Android 4.2 and Older filesLinks to Fascinate Android 4.3 and Newer files
http://www.androidfilehost.com/?w=files&flid=4298..........http://www.androidfilehost.com/?w=files&flid=7312

astonmartin214
Old
Thanks Meter 72
[QUOTE=hhp_211;54259520]Well let's skip over the fact it's your posting about DU in the cyanogenmod thread,, but please tell me which exact version and date of DU that you're running.

I assume you're running that CWM 6.0.4.9 recovery? and what is it from again?

Also what is it that you're exactly trying to achieve? you've got so many posts in so many forms that I don't think anybody really follows where you're going or what your trying to do.

.[/QUOT

Okay all I want to gain is DU 4.4.2 then once I get that am happy

Okay yes I was on cm11 4.4.2 then I tired to flash a different ROM but it would always fail

puterdoc
Old
Thanks Meter 8
I just wanted to jump in and mention what I have tried to maybe help. I had been running DU and had too many issues with it, every version and it doesn't seem to have the support anymore (supporters upgraded phones).

I went from there to PA 4.4.2. It has done well with a few reboots and pauses and the call display not coming up. I really like DU and have been fighting even upgrading my phone to stay with the group. But I have two of these fassys, so wanted to stay cheap and use them until the smoke comes out.

Just a day ago did I decide to try CM 11 with 3.6-cm-11-unjust-kernel_cwm-6.0.4.9... flash. It has run very well for me so far. Better than PA and much better than DU (sad to say). So personally imo if you are on the CM 11 with the mentioned kernel flash, I'd leave it there. I am using the PA-gapps-madular-mini-4.4.2-20140608 if that helps.

Obviously it might freeze in a few days and I decide to go back to PA but doesn't seem so just yet. For now it is fast and the first one to overcome the call display screen not working fast enough. Being I didn't try the Rom without the unjust flash I cant say if both solved this or not but can't thank those enough for that resolution. It drove me crazy.

I really do appreciate all those that continue support for these now definitely legacy products and those to come.

hhp_211
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 510
Quote:
Originally Posted by puterdoc View Post
I just wanted to jump in and mention what I have tried to maybe help. I had been running DU and had too many issues with it, every version and it doesn't seem to have the support anymore (supporters upgraded phones).

I went from there to PA 4.4.2. It has done well with a few reboots and pauses and the call display not coming up. I really like DU and have been fighting even upgrading my phone to stay with the group. But I have two of these fassys, so wanted to stay cheap and use them until the smoke comes out.

Just a day ago did I decide to try CM 11 with 3.6-cm-11-unjust-kernel_cwm-6.0.4.9... flash. It has run very well for me so far. Better than PA and much better than DU (sad to say). So personally imo if you are on the CM 11 with the mentioned kernel flash, I'd leave it there. I am using the PA-gapps-madular-mini-4.4.2-20140608 if that helps.

Obviously it might freeze in a few days and I decide to go back to PA but doesn't seem so just yet. For now it is fast and the first one to overcome the call display screen not working fast enough. Being I didn't try the Rom without the unjust flash I cant say if both solved this or not but can't thank those enough for that resolution. It drove me crazy.

I really do appreciate all those that continue support for these now definitely legacy products and those to come.
This version from injust
cm-11-20140604- UNOFFICIAL-fascinatemtd.zip
Is where the V3.6 has came from.

This ROM is the hands down most stable/dependable.
Also for me - this only happens at stock 1000 Mhz,,
Any overclock causes multiple various issues and/or reboots.

A build.prop mod that works very well is this:
dalvik.vm.heapgrowthlimit=60m
std setting is 48m
It really helps with memory management

Another thing is adjusting the minfree settings like this:

Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1405807497358.jpg
Views:	44
Size:	50.4 KB
ID:	2860304

I love the fact too, that it has the new them engine support.

Plus over the last week I've been running the 'art' runtime!
it too is being rock solid.
Still cant overclock it though.
It's been my 1st experience with art and I've not run into compatibility issues. So I'm very happy still!

Currently Running :: Something with some kind of Kernel
Samsung Fascinate SCH-i500
[Kernels] Flashable Jellybean 4.2.x || 4.3 || & tweaks[`Kernels`&`Recovery`] Flashable KitKat || 4.4.x || & Tweaks
Links to Fascinate Android 4.2 and Older filesLinks to Fascinate Android 4.3 and Newer files
http://www.androidfilehost.com/?w=files&flid=4298..........http://www.androidfilehost.com/?w=files&flid=7312
The Following User Says Thank You to hhp_211 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

dee3
Old
Thanks Meter 2
I'm also super happy with that build and I also noticed overclocking would be the only time I would get issues. I would just reflash the rom and boom fast and stable 4.4.2. Super happy with the last build on my personal phone. Theme is why I like these ROMs besides the stability.