Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,732,846 Members 51,023 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Guide to use the Sprint LG G2 (LS980) with AT&T or Tmobile

Tip us?

theclash150
Old
Thanks Meter 26
Does anyone know how to get gps working? When the phone is in CDMA mode, GPS works fine. Switching from CDMA to GSM, GPS still works fine. However, when I reboot the phone in GSM mode, GPS can't see any sats. Does anyone have any insight?

3rdcoasttx
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by theclash150 View Post
Does anyone know how to get gps working? When the phone is in CDMA mode, GPS works fine. Switching from CDMA to GSM, GPS still works fine. However, when I reboot the phone in GSM mode, GPS can't see any sats. Does anyone have any insight?

I am too waiting to hear a reply on this one. I switched the phone to be used with Cricket (GSM) and i use cloudy g3 rom. Cant get a signal from any sat, so def no way to get a lock. any workaround or thoughts on this one would be awesome.

jsergio123
Old
Thanks Meter 37
It's most likely an issue with cloudy's ROM and you should ask in his rom thread.

Sent from my LG-LS980 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

knickerblogger
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by gatolsf View Post
9-Use Radio Switcher to check and set what radio to use. I use LTE\GSM\WCDMA
https://play.google.com/store/apps/d....radioswitcher

10-Use Tweakker MMS APN app to set APN
https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...d=com.tweakker

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk
I try downloading the Radio Switcher app, but it doesn't work, it gives me a message that is not compatible with my phone![/QUOTE]

Thanks for the information, can you or anyone else please describe your experience after completing these step.
What kind of speeds do you get?
Call quality?
Battery life?
HTC One S(S4) I CM11 latest I CWM 6.0.4.5 I HBOOT - 2.15 I S-OFF | SuperCID | Confused

supernoman
Old
(Last edited by supernoman; Today at 12:47 AM.)
Thanks Meter 17
Testing with a coworker's sim since he's on Tmo Nexus 4. He gets 18Mbs down while I get only 5Mbs. Using CloudyG3 rom and signal bars is showing H and radio app also does say HSPAP. Any idea or info to try to get same speed as Nexus 4? I compared supported bands on Nexus 4 and they match the G2 for GSM bands.

ZVC baseband if that matters.

Thanks.

brandonbarlow
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by supernoman View Post
Testing with a coworker's sim since he's on Tmo Nexus 4. He gets 18Mbs down while I get only 5Mbs. Using CloudyG3 rom and signal bars is showing H and radio app also does say HSPAP. Any idea or info to try to get same speed as Nexus 4? I compared supported bands on Nexus 4 and they match the G2 for GSM bands.

ZVC baseband if that matters.

Thanks.
The Sprint lg980 does not get T-Mobile lte. We only get the 4g and 2g speeds.

supernoman
Old
(Last edited by supernoman; Today at 04:51 PM.)
Thanks Meter 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by brandonbarlow View Post
The Sprint lg980 does not get T-Mobile lte. We only get the 4g and 2g speeds.
Neither does an unmodded Nexus 4. Coworkers connects hspa+ just like the Sprint LG G2.

I'm trying a Cloudy G3 factory reset with a Tmo SIM inserted to see if that helps. Will test again once coworker comes in.