Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,806,815 Members 42,124 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] HTC One M8 Camera file naming convention?

Tip us?

lagvoid
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 6
Default [Q] HTC One M8 Camera file naming convention?

Has anyone come across a method to change the file naming convention on the HTC One M8? I want to have the date and time stamp included in the file name like other Android devices utilize. This not only helps easily identify the images without checking image meta data, but eliminates duplicate file names after flashing new roms.

Thanks for any help!

Shinteetah
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by lagvoid View Post
Has anyone come across a method to change the file naming convention on the HTC One M8? I want to have the date and time stamp included in the file name like other Android devices utilize. This not only helps easily identify the images without checking image meta data, but eliminates duplicate file names after flashing new roms.
Yes, please! I just got a replacement and all photo file names are duplicating. I can't find anywhere how to change the naming convention.

lagvoid
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinteetah View Post
Yes, please! I just got a replacement and all photo file names are duplicating. I can't find anywhere how to change the naming convention.
Huge fail on HTC's part with this one. Here's an alternative to help sort through your issue.

NameExif
http://www.digicamsoft.com/softnamexif.html

run the free program on your old files and it'll rename them according to the exif date data.

Shinteetah
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by lagvoid View Post
Huge fail on HTC's part with this one. Here's an alternative to help sort through your issue.
Thanks for the tip!