MultiROM Once Again Available for the Galaxy S4

Multiboot, or the ability to select betweenmultiple operating systems on a single device at … more

Build an Impractical But Awesome Lego Mindstorm Dock

The vast majority of what we cover here on the XDA-Developers News Portal relates to … more

MultiROM Makes its Way Over to the HTC One (M8)

While browsing our forum, you will undoubtedly find more than a few enticing ROMs available … more

Welcome to the New XDA-Developers Portal!

You may recall that a few weeks ago, we opened up the XDA-2015 forum themesto intrepid users … more

Amazon Fire Phone Pricing

5th July 2014, 05:02 PM   |  #11  
Thanks Meter: 5

73 posts
I work for amazon and supposedly the phone will be significantly cheaper for employees just don't know by how much. they are also supposed to be giving us extra incentives for us to buy it.
17th July 2014, 07:36 PM   |  #12  
Flag San Juan
Thanks Meter: 17

223 posts
More
A tablet is One thing But a Phone? This will have the same fate as the Facebook phone. Take away the Amazon apps and this thing is just another brick in the bunch. That 3d effect might be cool for a little bit but I bet i gets anouying after a while and its style looks Ugly. DONT GET ME STARTED IN THE PRICE. It is almost guaranteed it will be locked better than Ft. knox. Dont waste money on this Amazon, spend it on the Drones and just release the apps on Android, Windows and Apple Youll make more money that way.9

Sent using XDA Premium HD app
18th July 2014, 03:35 AM   |  #13  
Thanks Meter: 6

125 posts
The facebook phone was incredibly half-assed compared to this.

The problem with the FP is price and price alone, everything else can be forgiven but the price is just batcrap insane, what were they thinking? did they not learn anything from the first iphone price? for the record that one too was at&t-only and it didn't sell well until apple dropped the price.

For amazon to get the marketshare it wants this thing should be $200 unlocked
24th July 2014, 06:53 AM   |  #14  
Flag Manchester

74 posts
More
Mine will be here today, paid $0 out the door went with the monthly ATT Next deal so I will at least only have to wait a year to upgrade again instead of two years as in the past. If it weren't for the free Amazon Prime for a year, since I do so much business with them each month, I probably would have passed on this phone but my S3 is messed up and I wanted something different. This will definitely be different.
25th July 2014, 05:16 AM   |  #15  
Flag Haverhill MA
Thanks Meter: 830

2,883 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by N1ESE

Mine will be here today, paid $0 out the door went with the monthly ATT Next deal so I will at least only have to wait a year to upgrade again instead of two years as in the past. If it weren't for the free Amazon Prime for a year, since I do so much business with them each month, I probably would have passed on this phone but my S3 is messed up and I wanted something different. This will definitely be different.

So let me get this straight, for a $99 Prime account you went ahead and bought the biggest piece of crap phone and signed up for 2 years?

Sent from my LG-D851
25th July 2014, 05:19 AM   |  #16  
Flag Manchester

74 posts
More
No, one year of prime + signed up for one year of ATT Next. Regardless, the phone is going back tomorrow since Amazon refuses to return my phone calls, answer my emails, and their "Mayday" button isn't working at the moment on said piece of **** phone.

Edit: and I haven't paid anything yet. I am returning this dogpile, if ATT wants to pro-rate me as part of their "Next" plan, they will be talking to my lawyers for teaming up with Amazon for this crap.
Last edited by N1ESE; 25th July 2014 at 05:23 AM.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread

Top Threads in Fire Phone General by ThreadRank