HELP Soft Bricked HTC One M7 (Sprint) S-ON, No OS, RUU Not Running

Search This thread

Brycery91

Feb 4, 2013
Trophy Club
So I got my HTC one and rooted it immediately and Installed Cyanogenmod 11. I love Cyanogenmod but my SMS and MMS messages were all screwed up. I booted back up from my backup and noticed that It was running Android 4.3, 4.4 is available so I tried to install the update, It failed so I realized this must be because I was rooted so I went about going back to stock HTC Sense. I relocked the bootloader and ran RUU but the program crashed. After that I was only able to get to the fastboot page, recovery would crash. I ran a few different verisons of RUU but each one failed (error 155 being most prevalent). I unlocked my bootloader again and cyanogenmod started to boot up but never got through. I wipe data and cache. CM still won't boot. I reflashed the CWM recovery and tried to load the back up that I had. I get multiple errors about not being able to mount /system, /cache everything. I installed TWRP and tried to do sideload, not working. I have a USB OTG cable and I tried to load files that way, no good. I don't have S-Off and I can't boot into a rom so I can't get S-Off. I've exhausted google, not sure what to do now. Here is a breakdown.

*** Tampered ***
*** Unlocked ***
M7_WLS PVT SHIP S-ON RH
HBOOT-1.55.0000
RADIO-1.00.20.1108
OpenDSP-v32.120.274.0909
OS-3.05.651.6
eMMC-boot 2048MB
Jan 3 2014,13:35:00.0

(bootloader) version: 0.5
(bootloader) version-bootloader: 1.55.0000
(bootloader) version-baseband: 1.00.20.1108
(bootloader) version-cpld: None
(bootloader) version-microp: None
(bootloader) version-main: 3.05.651.6
(bootloader) version-misc: PVT SHIP S-ON
(bootloader) product: m7_wls
(bootloader) platform: HBOOT-8064
(bootloader) modelid: PN0720000
(bootloader) cidnum: SPCS_001
(bootloader) battery-status: good
(bootloader) battery-voltage: 4082mV
(bootloader) partition-layout: Generic
(bootloader) security: on
(bootloader) build-mode: SHIP
(bootloader) boot-mode: FASTBOOT
(bootloader) commitno-bootloader: dirty-35824024
(bootloader) hbootpreupdate: 11
(bootloader) gencheckpt: 0

I've tried flashing a different firmware but I get the error

C:\Users\Administrator\Downloads\fastboot>fastboot flash zip firmware.zip
sending 'zip' (20935 KB)...
OKAY [ 2.090s]
writing 'zip'...
(bootloader) adopting the signature contained in this image...
(bootloader) zip header checking...
(bootloader) zip info parsing...
(bootloader) Read zipped android_info fail
FAILED (remote: 99 unknown fail)
finished. total time: 2.340s

I've tried to run my exact version of RUU, found here.
http://xdaforums.com/show....php?t=2576995

The Ruu window won't even open, I've run as administrator, in all sorts of compatibility modes. I've run it on my windows 8 pc, windows 7 pc and from mini-windowsXP. None of them could start.

Like I've said I've exhausted my resources. I appreciate any and all of the help I can get. Thank you!

-Brycery91

Last edited:

bored_stupid

Jul 10, 2011
Hereford
The Ruu window won't even open, I've run as administrator, in all sorts of compatibility modes. I've run it on my windows 8 pc, windows 7 pc and from mini-windowsXP. None of them could start.

Like I've said I've exhausted my resources. I appreciate any and all of the help I can get. Thank you!

-Brycery91

Did you check the MD5 on the download?

Did you disable all security ( anti virus etc) on your PC.

Use Windows 7.

Did you relock your bootloader.

Sent from my HTC One using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Brycery91

Feb 4, 2013
Trophy Club
Did you check the MD5 on the download?

Did you disable all security ( anti virus etc) on your PC.

Use Windows 7.

Did you relock your bootloader.

I Will check MD5 when I get back from work. I have all security disabled, not even firewall is enabled, I've used windows seven and I have relocked my boot loader. I was able to find an alternative version of The RUU I needed on the same thread I downloaded from. Here is the working link to the thread/download http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2576995.

SaHiLzZ

Jan 19, 2011
I Will check MD5 when I get back from work. I have all security disabled, not even firewall is enabled, I've used windows seven and I have relocked my boot loader. I was able to find an alternative version of The RUU I needed on the same thread I downloaded from. Here is the working link to the thread/download http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2576995.

That is official RUU, your BEST hope! http://dl3.htc.com/application/RUU_..._NV_SPCS_4.38_003_release_348053_signed_2.exe

Lock your bootloader, put the phone in bootloader mode where it says FASTBOOT USB on your phone screen and run the RUU package. IF It is NOT working, please post back with screenshot of the error!

Reactions: Brycery91

Brycery91

Feb 4, 2013
Trophy Club
That is official RUU, your BEST hope! http://dl3.htc.com/application/RUU_..._NV_SPCS_4.38_003_release_348053_signed_2.exe

Lock your bootloader, put the phone in bootloader mode where it says FASTBOOT USB on your phone screen and run the RUU package. IF It is NOT working, please post back with screenshot of the error!

Ok i'm not sure if this is the same RUU from the thread I linked, but on the page 5, "Ph33zy" linked a working exe. I ran that and it went through! What a relief! My phone is running again! Thanks everyone for your help! I worked on this for hours and I feel so embarrassed cause I feel like a noob!

bluestar23

Nov 18, 2009
I was in the same place... searching around whole world, coming back hopeless.. then sent it back to HTC... they used like 1 sec to restore it...

SaHiLzZ

Jan 19, 2011
Ok i'm not sure if this is the same RUU from the thread I linked, but on the page 5, "Ph33zy" linked a working exe. I ran that and it went through! What a relief! My phone is running again! Thanks everyone for your help! I worked on this for hours and I feel so embarrassed cause I feel like a noob!

That's great. Thanks for posting back!

Reactions: xChromiumx

welie

Apr 10, 2014
Glad it worked out! You might want to remove the serial number and meid from your original post though.

Brycery91

Feb 4, 2013
Trophy Club
but my gets stuck on the htc logo and doesnt send the info. can help please

Mine would do the same thing eventually I would get an error on the PC. When I finally found a RUU that matched my exact system "version-main: 3.05.651.6" It ran very smoothly. Make sure the RUU you have on matches your version number that is shown when you boot to bootloader.

Brycery91

Feb 4, 2013
Trophy Club
but my gets stuck on the htc logo and doesnt send the info. can help please

Mine would do the same thing eventually I would get an error on the PC. When I finally found a RUU that matched my exact system "version-main: 3.05.651.6" It ran very smoothly. Make sure the RUU you have on matches your version number that is shown when you boot to bootloader.

dd323

Dec 11, 2010
LOS ANGELES

my phone doesnt even show no numbers . my phone has no os

mohitgouda

Jul 21, 2014
HELP

This one is not working with mine Sprint HTC ONE my HBOOT is 1.57.0000 can you plz help with this my one in S-ON ...

Uriel21

Aug 15, 2014
i need help, :/ i've the same problem

*** TEMPERED ***
*** UNLOCKED***

M7_WLS PVT SHIP S-ON RH
WBOOT-1.44.0000
RADIO-100.20.0626
OpenDsP-v31.120.274.0617
eMMC-boot
Jul 5 2013,17:19;22:-1

i try update TWRP but i cant. i have TWRP v2.6.3.0

when i try install a ROM, i get an error :/ or for example i installed TN_Sense6, when i configure my language, my HTC restarts it, again and again to beginning :c

Jac15myers

Aug 28, 2012
Help help help soft brick no os no baseband

I have a sprint htc one M7 I just got my replacement phone today and i rooted it and got every thing restored on it then there was a problem with the speakers on the phone it would play music but only on the right side .....(i forgot to mention i installed renovate rom after i rooted it) so i figured if i installed another kernal it would fix it so i installed kangaroo kernal for SPRINT HTC ONE android version 4.4.2 which was the right kernal for my phone ..so i thought... so when i installed it ..it took a while for it to turn on and i knew something was wrong when it turned on the home screen wouldn't load and it was showing i had no service when i was in a area i clearly new i had service in so i tried to run a RUU and i keep getting a USB error when it tries to send the ruu . I know the cable works and when i ran fastboot getvar all there is no baseband and no os .........HELP SUPER URGENT URGENT MY parents are going to kill me cause i just got my replacment.... my hboot is 1.57 PLEASE HELP QUICK.:crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying:

Nov 9, 2014
Istanbul
soft bricked

I wanted to unroot my htc one m7, I tried to s-off,but on a wrong move,I wiped my phone.
now I have just bootloader and TWRP.
I tried flashing ROMs using OTG but gave me errors and didnt flash.
I dont know what should I do.
please help me.
I`m still S-ON
my getvar all:
fastboot getvar all
INFOversion: 0.5
INFOversion-bootloader: 1.57.0000 INFOversion-baseband: 4T.29.3218.08
INFOversion-cpld: None
INFOversion-microp: None
INFOversion-main: 6.09.401.5 INFOversion-misc: PVT SHIP S-ON INFOserialno: HT485W9**
INFOimei: 354***
INFOmeid: 00000000000000 INFOproduct: m7ul
INFOplatform: HBOOT-8064 INFOmodelid: PN0710000
INFOcidnum: HTC_J15
INFObattery-status: good
INFObattery-voltage: 3832mV INFOpartition-layout: Generic INFOsecurity: on
INFObuild-mode: SHIP
INFOboot-mode: FASTBOOT
INFOcommitno-bootloader:dirty-6d8a0b9b
INFOhbootpreupdate: 11 INFOgencheckpt: 0
all: Done!

alray

Inactive Recognized Contributor
May 22, 2012
I wanted to unroot my htc one m7, I tried to s-off,but on a wrong move,I wiped my phone.
now I have just bootloader and TWRP.
I tried flashing ROMs using OTG but gave me errors and didnt flash.
I dont know what should I do.
please help me.
I`m still S-ON
my getvar all:
fastboot getvar all
INFOversion: 0.5
INFOversion-bootloader: 1.57.0000 INFOversion-baseband: 4T.29.3218.08
INFOversion-cpld: None
INFOversion-microp: None
INFOversion-main: 6.09.401.5 INFOversion-misc: PVT SHIP S-ON INFOserialno: HT485W9**
INFOimei: 354***
INFOmeid: 00000000000000 INFOproduct: m7ul
INFOplatform: HBOOT-8064 INFOmodelid: PN0710000
INFOcidnum: HTC_J15
INFObattery-status: good
INFObattery-voltage: 3832mV INFOpartition-layout: Generic INFOsecurity: on
INFObuild-mode: SHIP
INFOboot-mode: FASTBOOT
INFOcommitno-bootloader:dirty-6d8a0b9b
INFOhbootpreupdate: 11 INFOgencheckpt: 0
all: Done!

what rom version have you tried to flash? What twrp version are you using? Do you want to restore your stock rom or you want to install a custom one?

Nov 9, 2014
Istanbul

what rom version have you tried to flash? What twrp version are you using? Do you want to restore your stock rom or you want to install a custom one?

I have flashed TWRP 2.8.1.0 (latest version)
I am S-ON
I tried to unroot my phone and firewater told me that my kernel contains anti-firewater files.
so i decieded to flash ARHD, while flashing, I wiped my phone and after that I couldnt flash any ROMs. ( ARHD and a ROM that HTC has sent for me)
I want to flash HTC sense rom and return to stock.
thanks

Top Liked Posts