Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,732,206 Members 44,152 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Battery Life Discussion

Tip us?

wulf90
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mistertac View Post
I made a somewhat simple guide of things I've been doing to help with my battery. Feel free to look. Maybe you've tried everything but maybe you'll see something you haven't...
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=54342046

- Sent From My G3
I'll check it out. It's just I find it odd that I'd need to tweak it so much for the battery to perform normally.

Mistertac
Old
Thanks Meter 1256

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by wulf90 View Post
I'll check it out. It's just I find it odd that I'd need to tweak it so much for the battery to perform normally.
Well battery life is so hard to gauge especially if you're on here comparing to what others have posted. So much goes into what someone may have gotten that day for battery life. The apps they use, how their signal is and if on WiFi or using Location Services. If they've debloated the heck out of their stock ROM and are using tools like Greenify... Obviously how bright their screens were at most the day. If they've made any Kernel tweaks at all that could help.

A lot can go into someone's actually battery use.. So don't get frustrated. I see you haven't had the phone long. What was your previous phone? Were you used to running aosp Roms or any custom Roms for that matter?

I have a good deal of experience in tweaking Roms and kernels and I'm still chasing down Sensor Wakelocks and some other things on this phone... I'm also new to LG

- Sent From My G3

wulf90
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mistertac View Post
Well battery life is so hard to gauge especially if you're on here comparing to what others have posted. So much goes into what someone may have gotten that day for battery life. The apps they use, how their signal is and if on WiFi or using Location Services. If they've debloated the heck out of their stock ROM and are using tools like Greenify... Obviously how bright their screens were at most the day. If they've made any Kernel tweaks at all that could help.

A lot can go into someone's actually battery use.. So don't get frustrated. I see you haven't had the phone long. What was your previous phone? Were you used to running aosp Roms or any custom Roms for that matter?

I have a good deal of experience in tweaking Roms and kernels and I'm still chasing down Sensor Wakelocks and some other things on this phone... I'm also new to LG

- Sent From My G3
New to the phone but not android. Previous was a Samsung gs3 where at first battery was normal but degraded over the years, as expected. No, I haven't actually used custom roms although I considered it.
As far as my use on this new phone, it's simple texting, fb, twitter, and the occasional google search. I use only mobile data as our connection at my house is through a verizon jetpack. Signal strength is poor in some areas of the house but that hasn't really seemed to affect it much as I've said standby time is definitely up to par.

Mistertac
Old
Thanks Meter 1256

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by wulf90 View Post
New to the phone but not android. Previous was a Samsung gs3 where at first battery was normal but degraded over the years, as expected. No, I haven't actually used custom roms although I considered it.
As far as my use on this new phone, it's simple texting, fb, twitter, and the occasional google search. I use only mobile data as our connection at my house is through a verizon jetpack. Signal strength is poor in some areas of the house but that hasn't really seemed to affect it much as I've said standby time is definitely up to par.
Well same here. Standby time is great. As soon as this v8 powered screen fires up you watch the gauge go right down lol.

Hard for me to say since I came from an S4 running a SaberMod ROM with a 5200mah battery. The guys coming from G2s I think could really say how this phone stacks up. I just always think there's room for improvement no matter what.

- Sent From My G3

ToxicSkin
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Im coming from a G2, and im not mad at all. On my G2 running XDABBEB's 24a I was getting 24-36 hours with 4-5 SOT. On the G3 im getting 24-30hours with 3-4.5 SOT. I just got a new job and using the G2/G3 when my times are on the low side it because im at work most of the day and the signal is all over the place 4G-1X. I cant be more happy with the battery life I get even with that beastly screen.

leo72793
Old
Thanks Meter 77
So all day slacker radio over 4g lte spark via Bluetooth til just now with 3 hour sot. And this is the result. Had Netflix for an hour. Exchange and gmail sync every 2 hours and other stuff like camera etc Click image for larger version

Name:	1406266427965.jpg
Views:	33
Size:	63.5 KB
ID:	2869472

Sent from my LGLS990 using XDA Free mobile app
When it rains, Devs get busy >:3

MassiveEffect
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToxicSkin View Post
Im coming from a G2, and im not mad at all. On my G2 running XDABBEB's 24a I was getting 24-36 hours with 4-5 SOT. On the G3 im getting 24-30hours with 3-4.5 SOT. I just got a new job and using the G2/G3 when my times are on the low side it because im at work most of the day and the signal is all over the place 4G-1X. I cant be more happy with the battery life I get even with that beastly screen.
That would be good if it was all on LTE, is that the case?

amarinos
Old
Thanks Meter 14

DONATE TO ME
I am also coming directly from a G2 and I must say, the battery life on the G3 is actually great, way better than what I was expecting after reading the reviews. I had my G2 for about 8 months, and I was averaging 45-46H with about 3,5-4H screen time, with everything turned on (from LTE to NFC), screen set to 60%, stock ROM and kernel, never turned off even at night. My usual drill was to charge it every two days (48 hours), i.e. every second night. Mind you, the G2 was in the QuickWindow case since day 1, and this probably did make a difference (positive).

With the G3, with the exact same conditions (everything turned on, screen set to 60%, stock ROM and kernel), even from my 2nd charge I managed 42+ hours, with SoT between 2,5-3 hours (cant remember the exact number). And that is without the QuickCircle, which I just bought.

As expected, the G3 does not manage the same battery life as the G2, but comes pretty darn close. Taking into account the 5,5" QHD screen and the 2,5GHz of the SoC, I would have to say that this is pretty amazing, all things considered
LG G3 32GB - Life's Good (and stock...for now)
Asus Transformer T100 - Amazing little thing