Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,737,354 Members 41,796 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[RECOVERY] TWRP 2.7.1.0 ACE - UNOFFICIAL

Tip us?

marknoll
Old
Thanks Meter 26
I can successfully flash it, but I constantly get random reboots and FCs

avemt1
Old
(Last edited by avemt1; 21st July 2014 at 04:05 PM.)
Thanks Meter 17
Every time I try to install this, It comes up as v2.6.1.0. It does not have the advanced formatting option. I have tried the Fastboot, PD98IMG.zip, and file install with TWRP manager.

Edit: I had just downloaded again. File name: openrecovery-TWRP-ace-2.7.1-unofficial.img

Edit: this is in reference to Musta's M8.1.

Final Edit: I had to use RASHR flash tool to get the recovery updated. There was something with the general ace install V2.6.1.0 that was not allowing TWRP Manager to flash the new recovery. This is a very strange issue. I was unable to get logs for this.

jrior001
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2532

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by avemt1 View Post
Every time I try to install this, It comes up as v2.6.1.0. It does not have the advanced formatting option. I have tried the Fastboot, PD98IMG.zip, and file install with TWRP manager.

Edit: I had just downloaded again. File name: openrecovery-TWRP-ace-2.7.1-unofficial.img

Edit: this is in reference to Musta's M8.1.

Final Edit: I had to use RASHR flash tool to get the recovery updated. There was something with the general ace install V2.6.1.0 that was not allowing TWRP Manager to flash the new recovery. This is a very strange issue. I was unable to get logs for this.
rashr should work fine, I've used that as well. Proper fastboot is the preferred method though.

fastboot flash recovery openrecovery-TWRP-ace-2.7.1-unofficial.img

Because this is a unofficial build twrp manager will not support flashing it, it only flashes the last official build I believe.

marknoll
Old
Thanks Meter 26
I was able to flash this as 2.7.1. Why is everyone else unlucky? Weird