Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,732,479 Members 48,193 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Any current G3 owners try to drop the resolution to 1080p?

Tip us?

socalwrxx
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Sounds pretty promising with the phone just being released and all. I see a 1080 custom rom in the future

adrian_nene16
Old
Thanks Meter 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrkqql143 View Post

The only issue I'm seeing is that I can't seem to replace the contacts application. Every time I go to add a new contact, the contacts app crashes

---------- Post added at 01:36 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:32 AM ----------

Oh, and I'm using Nova launcher. Scales perfectly.
If you have root then you can install xposed and install appsettings and change the dpi of every lg app to 640 i think it ill work

Sent from my Nexus 4 using XDA Free mobile app

Mrkqql143
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by adrian_nene16 View Post
If you have root then you can install xposed and install appsettings and change the dpi of every lg app to 640 i think it ill work

Sent from my Nexus 4 using XDA Free mobile app
Didn't think of that. Great Idea! I'll give it a try. Thank you.

---------- Post added at 03:35 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:54 AM ----------

Just tried. It didn't work
The Following User Says Thank You to Mrkqql143 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

adrian_nene16
Old
Thanks Meter 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrkqql143 View Post
Didn't think of that. Great Idea! I'll give it a try. Thank you.

---------- Post added at 03:35 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:54 AM ----------

Just tried. It didn't work
mm weird.. i don't remember where i read that using appsettings and changing the dpi to 640 will make those apps work again.. maybe it was 530 i dont remember sorry about that, i'll try to find where i saw it, are you still running 1080p? if so, do you see any impact on performance or battery life?

Skin1980
Old
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 1541

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by adrian_nene16 View Post
mm weird.. i don't remember where i read that using appsettings and changing the dpi to 640 will make those apps work again.. maybe it was 530 i dont remember sorry about that, i'll try to find where i saw it, are you still running 1080p? if so, do you see any impact on performance or battery life?
With appsettings set all lg apps to 530 DPI and they will work... I tried and were ok

Edit: also text scaling to 75
Sent from my LG-D855 using XDA Free mobile app

partylikeaninjastar
Old
Thanks Meter 143
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skin1980 View Post
With appsettings set all lg apps to 530 DPI and they will work... I tried and were ok

Edit: also text scaling to 75
Sent from my LG-D855 using XDA Free mobile app
Couldn't you just use that app to change the resolution to 1080p AND the DPI to 530, rather than changing a handful of apps separately via app settings?

And are you noticing any improvements running at 1080p or any quirks?

Sent from my LG-D851 using Tapatalk

Mrkqql143
Old
Thanks Meter 2
I thought that if you change the resolution and the DPI for an app, that app has to support that resolution and DPI. If it doesn't then it won't work. Most LG apps are only build to support the native resolution/DPI of G3.

lossah
Old
Thanks Meter 0
So. Is it a real performance boost to set to 1080p? If not, why not? :0 I dont really care about game performance. Mostly UI/Chrome lag.