Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,732,550 Members 51,692 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROM][AOSP][Nightly/Release] CarbonRom KitKat [d2vzw]

Tip us?

vlucchetti
Old
(Last edited by vlucchetti; Yesterday at 04:21 PM.)
Thanks Meter 71
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeakyBoo View Post
7/24 is up.
But to answer your question,
Read Here;
http://buff.ly/1zl3Aq6
Thanks, I checked earlier and it was not up, but am dl'ing it now. Curious if the fix for battery drain will work. We'll see soon enough! IIRC, Sunday and Thursday are the update days.

ETA: flashed fine, but tried three custom kernels - ktz, bms and lean kernel, all broke wi-fi

ETA: From carbonrom folks - all custom kernels need to be updated to work with 7-24.
The Following User Says Thank You to vlucchetti For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

PeakyBoo
Old
Thanks Meter 52
Thanks, was going to DL tonight. U saved me the waisted time. I guess 4.4 is proving to be a hard animal to tame. Lol

vlucchetti
Old
Thanks Meter 71
Quote:
Thanks, was going to DL tonight. U saved me the waisted time. I guess 4.4 is proving to be a hard animal to tame. Lol
Liking 7/24, hope the kernels catch up!

PeakyBoo
Old
Thanks Meter 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by vlucchetti View Post
Liking 7/24, hope the kernels catch up!
How's the battery on there kernel? I never tried Carbon or any other ROM without a custom kernel. Hmm maybe I should.hahha

vlucchetti
Old
Thanks Meter 71
Quote:
How's the battery on there kernel? I never tried Carbon or any other ROM without a custom kernel. Hmm maybe I should.hahha
Battery life seems to be improved, haven't put it through its' paces yet, but appears better. I've run ROM's with stock kernels before, usually using NSTools to manage it, just prefer to use custom. The three I've tried, I like them all, tend to use Ktz more, but was a solid lean kernel user for a long time. Just started BMS a bit ago, like it as well.Don't think you can go wrong with any of those.