Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,732,619 Members 52,290 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[KEYBOARD][4.0+] NextApp Keyboard: AOSP-derived Keyboard with Arrow, Function Keys

Tip us?

HoTsHoT89
Old
Thanks Meter 11
Staunch user of your keyboard here. However with the recent update I have not been able to use gesture typing so I installed the .so file from /system/lib/ - it then mentioned the library was installed, but gestures still wouldn't work. I removed the library, then reinstalled it, but now the app now says it is incompatible.

So I tried downloading Google Keyboard, extracted the same .so file out of the APK and used it - after it asks me to restart, when I return back to the gesture installation screen - it says that no library is installed, but the 'Remove library' button is available. Gestures wouldn't work either, and so did text prediction. After it was removed, the latter worked again.

I have the same question as @tijuanacartel as well - which library can we use for the swipe function to include the Spacebar button?
The Following User Says Thank You to HoTsHoT89 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

tliebeck
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1740
Quote:
Originally Posted by tijuanacartel View Post
Hi there,

I've just discovered your keyboard after having used swiftkey forever. I'd never switched to Google Keyboard because it didnt have arrow keys, but it looks like yours is the winner!

A question about the gesture typing: the .so file linked earlier in the thread doesnt support flow through space. Is there a library that does? Becuase i tried the latest one from google keyboard, but that was unsupported.

Thanks!
Quote:
Originally Posted by HoTsHoT89 View Post
Staunch user of your keyboard here. However with the recent update I have not been able to use gesture typing so I installed the .so file from /system/lib/ - it then mentioned the library was installed, but gestures still wouldn't work. I removed the library, then reinstalled it, but now the app now says it is incompatible.

So I tried downloading Google Keyboard, extracted the same .so file out of the APK and used it - after it asks me to restart, when I return back to the gesture installation screen - it says that no library is installed, but the 'Remove library' button is available. Gestures wouldn't work either, and so did text prediction. After it was removed, the latter worked again.

I have the same question as @tijuanacartel as well - which library can we use for the swipe function to include the Spacebar button?
I don't believe the version of the keyboard with the flow-through space bar is available in AOSP yet.

Nothing has changed in the keyboard APK with regard to gesture support, but there may be an issue related to libraries in the device OS being updated. The library from the current Google keyboard is unfortunately incompatible with AOSP-based keyboards.

The library from a KitKat "GApps" should work.
Tod Liebeck // NextApp
[ Google+ ] [ Twitter ] [ FX File Explorer: XDA Thread | Play Store ] [ WebSharing: XDA Thread | Play Store ] [ NextApp Keyboard: XDA Thread | Play Store ] [ Atlas Web Browser: XDA Thread | Play Store ]

tliebeck
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1740
Beta Release: 0.85:

Play Store: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...utmethod.latin (Just uploaded, may take an hour to become available)

Direct Download: http://android.nextapp.com/keyboard/r85/NAK_r85.apk

This unfortunately only a beta extension update...have another project releasing very soon (will be on XDA) that has managed to get in the way.
Tod Liebeck // NextApp
[ Google+ ] [ Twitter ] [ FX File Explorer: XDA Thread | Play Store ] [ WebSharing: XDA Thread | Play Store ] [ NextApp Keyboard: XDA Thread | Play Store ] [ Atlas Web Browser: XDA Thread | Play Store ]
The Following User Says Thank You to tliebeck For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Darnell_Chat_TN
Old
Thanks Meter 334
Quote:
Originally Posted by tliebeck View Post
Beta Release: 0.85:

Play Store: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...utmethod.latin (Just uploaded, may take an hour to become available)

Direct Download: http://android.nextapp.com/keyboard/r85/NAK_r85.apk

This unfortunately only a beta extension update...have another project releasing very soon (will be on XDA) that has managed to get in the way.
Be sure to mention the new project here once upon release. Although this app seems ready for Prime Time.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
History: Some Casio B.O.S.S. things -> Palm Professional -> Visor Prism -> Treo 300 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 800w -> HTC Touch Pro -> HTC Touch Pro 2 -> HTC HD2 -> MyTouch 4G Slide (HTC Doubleshot).
Present: Google Nexus 10, ASUS Transformer Pad Infinity TF700T, HTC One (M7), HTC Sensation 4G & G-Slate (LG Optimus Pad).
============================
For there is one God, and there is one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus, (1 Timothy 2:5)

Eun-Hjzjined
Old
Thanks Meter 265
So, I've been hunting keyboards again and came across keymonk. The main feature of this keyboard is that you can use two fingers to swipe out a word.

So I tried it on stock 4.x android keyboard and this one for ****s and giggles. It friggen works!!

Did anyone know about this or am I really late to the game for multi finger swipe input?

Anyway, there's one thing from keymonk I'd like to see come over here. Is the delete key actions. Swipe left on the delete key and the word is deleted. up changes keyboard size between large/medium/small.

Can you look into adding at least the swept left (from delete) to delete whole word?

tliebeck
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1740
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darnell_Chat_TN View Post
Be sure to mention the new project here once upon release. Although this app seems ready for Prime Time.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
Thanks,

New app is now out (in beta), it's the "Atlas Web Browser", available here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/andr...ivacy-t2827657

Its major claims to fame are a Material Design styled UI and the ability to run AdBlockPlus filters (i.e., Easylist).
Tod Liebeck // NextApp
Tags
android, aosp, arrow, cursor, keyboard