Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,733,034 Members 47,068 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Samsung Galaxy S5 - Australian Users

Tip us?

markymarkis
Old
Thanks Meter 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aldali View Post
I rooted my s5 from optus and flashed alliancerom and i lost all icons in status bar including battery, battery percentage, wifi, signal and time show up only in center but not in the right, how can i fix this without factory reseting my s5?
when flashing a different rom you should always do a full wipe, because they are built with different firmware bases, and most will cause issues
you don't have to do a full wipe when going from one alliance rom to another alliance rom, but if you switch to say omega, or someone elses rom, you should do a full wipe.

also all of these custom rom are built with the g900f base code not the g900i that we have in australia, so its a double reason to do a full wipe, and also flash the g900i kernel to get back nfc and get rid of the red and yellow warning text on boot.

hope that helps.

Aldali
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by markymarkis View Post
when flashing a different rom you should always do a full wipe, because they are built with different firmware bases, and most will cause issues
you don't have to do a full wipe when going from one alliance rom to another alliance rom, but if you switch to say omega, or someone elses rom, you should do a full wipe.

also all of these custom rom are built with the g900f base code not the g900i that we have in australia, so its a double reason to do a full wipe, and also flash the g900i kernel to get back nfc and get rid of the red and yellow warning text on boot.

hope that helps.
Thanks for your reply
I was so enjoying this rom and i did flash the g900i
Kernal and everything is going great except privet mode and this issue, i tried to reflash alliancerom again and managed to get all icons back but every time I play around status bar i lose all icons.

cbomb101
Old
Thanks Meter 19
do backups and wipe data clear dalvik and cache. Make sure ur base bands right for ur rom to.

Sent from my SM-G900F using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
S5 running xtrestolite and ktoons kernal + luigis profile.