Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,732,778 Members 52,324 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum
View Poll Results: How much Ramhack do you want to have?
No ramhack at all 16 15.38%
16MB ramhack 10 9.62%
24MB ramhack 12 11.54%
32Mb ramhack 66 63.46%
Voters: 104. You may not vote on this poll

[KERNEL][exp: (3.1.10) #3] Firtecy Kernel - a modified Kowalski Kernel

Tip us?

bentcissé
Old
Thanks Meter 47
Default Exp 4

For me the last exp 4 it's so amazing! @Firtecy has been done a great job on the fluidity and the consumption of the battery, such as the two new frequencies of the CPU. Now the camera works better than exp31 by pengus

---------- Post added at 12:07 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:01 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by michael.santos View Post
Hi Firtecy,

First let me thank you for your great work. Just got one question: you think it is possible to fix Bluetooth for Headset? The Samsung Galaxy R is also based on Tegra 2 chipset and there is a working Kitkat kernel for it (http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2405306). You think it is possible to use some code from there?
Thanks again and keep the great work!

Mike

Sent from my LG-P990 using XDA Free mobile app
I've read that @DJNoXD will try to include bluez in next slimkat build
The Following User Says Thank You to bentcissé For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

cRaZy-bisCuiT
Old
(Last edited by cRaZy-bisCuiT; Yesterday at 12:43 PM.)
Thanks Meter 6
I won't be able to use it on Android 4.0.4 Stock (busybox, init.d, root), or will I?

EDIT: Will there be a way to fix the camera bug any time soon? I'd really like to use Android 4.4 with a stable,smooth kernel but a.t.m. all Builds seem to have some strange bugs still :/

MHP2013
Old
Thanks Meter 39
Well I think this 3.1 Kernel does NOT work with stock Rom! You can only use it with the proper cm11 build (the bcmdhd one).

But you can try cm11 with the M1 kernel (the bcm4329 version), there REALLY aren't any 'strange bugs' at all! The camera works perfectly (since this camera bug is a kernel issue)!

Regs

Gesendet von meinem Optimus 2x mit Tapatalk

Firtecy
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 911

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaChris2k13 View Post
nice kernel but why is the cpu performance low? Quadrant gives 880 points and the benchmark is very slow, 3D and I/O is okay, btw the old 2.X kernel has 4500+ cpu points (@1GHz)
I do not know, but i don't care about benchmarks. For me it is important how good a kernel is in daily usage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyFF92 View Post
Why should someone choose no ramhack/16 MB kernels? I mean, which are the negative effects of ramhack?

I use the no rh version when I take many photos since the camera performance seems to be better on that version.

Quote:
Originally Posted by michael.santos View Post
Hi Firtecy,

First let me thank you for your great work. Just got one question: you think it is possible to fix Bluetooth for Headset? The Samsung Galaxy R is also based on Tegra 2 chipset and there is a working Kitkat kernel for it (http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2405306). You think it is possible to use some code from there?
Thanks again and keep the great work!

Mike

Sent from my LG-P990 using XDA Free mobile app
I don't have that much experience with Bluetooth so I can't say something about it. First I have to do some researching, but I will do that when I am back in Germany (I don't have my notebook with me, only tablet + phone). I will be back in germany in ~10 days.
I have already looked at his github account and have picked some commits, but I will do it again when I resume my development.

Gesendet von meinem ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T mit Tapatalk
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Firtecy For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]