Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,804,462 Members 43,428 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum
View Poll Results: What is your maximum stable(no reboots) CPU undervolting at 1GHz?
12.5 uV 10 10.64%
25.0 uV 14 14.89%
37.5 uV 14 14.89%
50.0 uV (this should be the 2nd most common) 15 15.96%
62.5 uV (this should be the most common) 29 30.85%
75.0 uV 5 5.32%
87.5 uV 4 4.26%
100.0 uV 3 3.19%
Voters: 94. You may not vote on this poll

[KERNEL] zwliew Kernel - r1 | r1.5

Tip us?

acrocosm
Old
Thanks Meter 45
BLN has only worked well for me in maclaw builds. TC cm11 and PA, that I use now, both have/had problems with either new or old driver

ace2nutzer
Old
Thanks Meter 153
Quote:
Originally Posted by acrocosm View Post
BLN has only worked well for me in maclaw builds. TC cm11 and PA, that I use now, both have/had problems with either new or old driver
Yeah.. by default don't work.. but if u enable manually wakelock.. then it works properly
Or simply activating Double Tap 2 Wake !.. That enables wakelock also.
Device: Samsung Galaxy Ace 2
Baseband: MG2 @ 627MB RAM
ROM: CM 11 by Team Canjica (2014/06/07 codinap)
Kernel: Stock TC
CPU: 200Mhz / 800Mhz Pegasusq Gov. and Noop I/O
GPU: 400MHz static, 100% ape_opp
SManager Widget Script: TURBO_NORMAL ----> Performance Gov. @ 1150MHz and GPU static @ 600MHz
Runtime: Dalvik (for now) but ready for ART ----> 2,43GB on /data
My Works for the GT-I8160 / GT-I8160P :
Optimized, Pre-rooted and themed Stock GB 2.3.6 ROM by me (flashable with odin)

doctormord
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by zwliew View Post
i believe the reboots are related to interactive governor. please use ondemand governor for now until i look into it.
Well, it seems to me that the whole kernel thingie is a way to "overoptimized" if even now interactive is not working properly anymore. I remember older builds that worked way better.

Beside this,

TC stock kernel is working nicely here, with BLN, with 200Mhz, with no reboot on 1200. (untouched) I actually don't understand, why so much people having problems with their phones.

Starting from a clean install is always the best option. (Stock ROM -> TC ROM -> Kernel)

ace2nutzer
Old
Thanks Meter 153
Quote:
Originally Posted by doctormord View Post
I actually don't understand, why so much people having problems with their phones.

Starting from a clean install is always the best option. (Stock ROM -> TC ROM -> Kernel)
Because they have s6d display Chip ... in this case i read only ROMs with TWRP recovery works
SManager Widget Script: TURBO_NORMAL ----> Performance Gov. @ 1150MHz and GPU static @ 600MHz

farru1981
Old
Thanks Meter 6
Unhappy New bug?

Hi I think I have found a new bug on bluetooth side.

In my car I use a Parrot CK3100 for handsfree and an Alpine CDE-183BT for A2DP.

If I do a call the BT Media connection of the Alpine gets dropped and I have to connect it again, but the BT Parrot handsfree does not get disconnected.

If I use the Alpine for everything (handsfree and a2dp) everything works as it is supposed to be, but I prefer to use the Parrot for handsfree because it have more quality on audio calls.

This doesn't happens on stock CM 11 TC kernel.

I am using the 15.06 kernel release because the r1 and r1.5 crashes a lot and reboots constantly. Also I can't use the stock CM11 TC kernel because it suffer a lot of audio stuttering when a new notification arrives

Regards,

PS. Sorry about my english, I am learning...

zwliew
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 738
sorry guys, i'm discontinuing this project. it has been a great journey venturing into this 'mysterious realm' of kernel development. i've gotten my oppo find 7a(great phone) and will be working more on that instead of codina.

however, that does not mean that i'm completely leaving. i've merged quite a few commits to the teamcanjica cm11 kernel, such as the interactive governor improvements(much better than pretty much any other governor now) and lz4 kernel compression(faster boot). i'll be contributing to the stock teamcanjica kernel now instead of this kernel.

thanks for all who supported me these past few months and it's been great! cheers
A simple thanks button click goes a long way to showing appreciation

zwliew Kernel for codina
The Following 30 Users Say Thank You to zwliew For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

teddytsen
Old
Thanks Meter 1,078
Quote:
Originally Posted by zwliew View Post
sorry guys, i'm discontinuing this project. it has been a great journey venturing into this 'mysterious realm' of kernel development. i've gotten my oppo find 7a(great phone) and will be working more on that instead of codina.

however, that does not mean that i'm completely leaving. i've merged quite a few commits to the teamcanjica cm11 kernel, such as the interactive governor improvements(much better than pretty much any other governor now) and lz4 kernel compression(faster boot). i'll be contributing to the stock teamcanjica kernel now instead of this kernel.

thanks for all who supported me these past few months and it's been great! cheers
Good luck bro
Galaxy Ace 2
Rom: Resurrection Remix
Kernel: Stock
Recovery: CWM
Theme

My works for Galaxy Ace 2
Android Open Kang Project 4.4
Ported Android Open Kang Project
Ported Carbon 4.4.2
MIUI v5
Resurrection Remix Kitkat

MarquesYOLO
Old
Thanks Meter 8
Thank you for all your work zwliew.
Using Tapatalk

ace2nutzer
Old
Thanks Meter 153
Nice to hear zwliew !! we all loocking forward with u !

I find it will be very nice if TC CM 11 ROM will support F2FS for the System Partition !
I know u can it !

And i will continue finding good safe and stable voltages for all. Stability test's are running with Stock Clocks / Voltages for now to testing the ground stability of the ROM .. and to test if my Phone is OK ...).. and later with oc and custom Voltages. I think this is the best way.
I already compared Stock Voltages with Cocafes custom Voltages (TC CM11 Default) and i find important informations.. but more comes later from me, be patient.. plz don't pm me, about this stuff.

if you want to help me all, for a standard, stable voltage which we can then use for all, then flash the stock JB and check under /d/ab8500-regulator/status and send me via pm an screenshot! The more get involved the better. But I think we would have already have 20 screenshots to make it accurate !

I will post the screenshots here in this post (all) if this is OK for zwliew !!

With this informations a can make stable voltages even for extended Steps... because the extended Steps will help for powersave and stability IF the Voltages are setted correctly !
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ace2nutzer For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

xo.en
Old
(Last edited by xo.en; 25th July 2014 at 04:59 PM.)
Thanks Meter 22
..so one man less, that was able to make 4.3.x kernel for good older roms...ehh.
Signature died of starvation.