Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,733,372 Members 39,439 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROM] [4.4.4] SlimKat d2att (at&t) [6.4]

Tip us?

fr3d0x
Old
Thanks Meter 305
Quote:
Originally Posted by Perseus71 View Post
THOSE WITH ISSUE OF LONG BOOT TIMES -

I had been deeply investigating this issue for today and yesterday. I went through quiet a chore and laundry list of Scenarios. I formatted to different File System Combos, tried several versions of the Recoveries as well. I even formatted to F2FS even though I haven't converted the Rom Zip on my SD Card.

It turns out, in the end, that this could possibly be related to recovery. Also possibly related to DPI as mentioned by others.

Will you be kind to post What Recovery and which version have you got there ? Is it possible that you have Philz or CWM ?
I dont have that problem,im using twrp

tallsilver
Old
Thanks Meter 101
I did not have a problem....twrp...boot in 40 seconds after initial boot.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using XDA Free mobile app

Ever Changing ROMs

Samsung Galaxy S 3

DanKNugs
Old
Thanks Meter 5
I'm using philz touch 6.48.4, long boot times for all versions after 6.2 slimkat.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

diakonos
Old
(Last edited by diakonos; Yesterday at 03:33 AM.)
Thanks Meter 10
CWM 6.0.4.7 and long boot times - although seems it isn't consistently long. Some times will be a little over a minute (rare), most times is 2-3 minutes and longest been about 6 minutes. I'm on 6.6 now and haven't done a clean flash in months. When 6.4 came out, I was on it for about 2 days but went back to 6.0 stable as I was getting random system hangs (seemed to be related to watching videos using Chrome browser) and long boot times. On 6.6 so far though, video watching seems fine but boot times are still long.

Edit: I also change my DPI to 280 after every flash. The smaller DPI is cool but not for my "mature eyesight".

hwy28spur
Old
Thanks Meter 14
Quote:
Reduce the DHCP Lease time to 2 hours. Then reboot the router and phone. Test again.

After your testing is completed, remember to set Lease time back to 24 hours otherwise your battery will tank.
I checked and did as you said with no change. Let me add that the problem occurs no matter what WiFi connection I try. The problem happens even on open networks such as McDonald's or open networks such as hospitals or restaurants.

That tells me the common factor is the phone itself. Maybe something left over from a previous dirty flash upgrade that I'm not getting cleared out.

nicklovell23
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 466
Ok what I need exactly is: A complete clean flash, factory reset,wipe cache,dalvik, and format system manually. Flash rom then gapps, Get a logcat of the full boot up put it on pastebin then change the dpi to 320 get another full logcat and put it on pastebin. email me both pastebins. email is nicklovell23@gmail.com. If you can do this it would be greatly appreciated.thanks!
The Following User Says Thank You to nicklovell23 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Perseus71
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 3344

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanKNugs View Post
I'm using philz touch 6.48.4, long boot times for all versions after 6.2 slimkat.
Thanks. As I suspected. Please can you do what Nick has asked bellow ?
Quote:
Originally Posted by diakonos View Post
CWM 6.0.4.7 and long boot times - although seems it isn't consistently long. Some times will be a little over a minute (rare), most times is 2-3 minutes and longest been about 6 minutes. I'm on 6.6 now and haven't done a clean flash in months. When 6.4 came out, I was on it for about 2 days but went back to 6.0 stable as I was getting random system hangs (seemed to be related to watching videos using Chrome browser) and long boot times. On 6.6 so far though, video watching seems fine but boot times are still long.

Edit: I also change my DPI to 280 after every flash. The smaller DPI is cool but not for my "mature eyesight".
Would you mind doing what Nick has asked bellow ?
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicklovell23 View Post
Ok what I need exactly is: A complete clean flash, factory reset,wipe cache,dalvik, and format system manually. Flash rom then gapps, Get a logcat of the full boot up put it on pastebin then change the dpi to 320 get another full logcat and put it on pastebin. email me both pastebins. email is nicklovell23@gmail.com. If you can do this it would be greatly appreciated.thanks!
If anyone needs steps on getting boottime Logcat, please let me know. I had posted them earlier in the thread. Those are different from the regular Logcat you'd do after phone is up.

Thanks to those who responded. I appreciate it. So based on my personal testing and what you guys have said, it sounds like the issue is CWM related (Philz is a CWM derivative).
The Following User Says Thank You to Perseus71 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

diakonos
Old
Thanks Meter 10
Quote:
Would you mind doing what Nick has asked bellow ?

If anyone needs steps on getting boottime Logcat, please let me know. I had posted them earlier in the thread. Those are different from the regular Logcat you'd do after phone is up.

Thanks to those who responded. I appreciate it. So based on my personal testing and what you guys have said, it sounds like the issue is CWM related (Philz is a CWM derivative).
I'll try get that sent to Nick this weekend although I haven't done a clean flash since probably stable 5.0. I was about to make the leap to TWRP but will hold off until this issue gets more investigation. I don't reboot my phone that often anyway.

EDIT: I did take a current boot time logcat just for reference since I'm about to clean flash just in case that might have a bearing on things. I've been dirty flashing for months now...
The Following User Says Thank You to diakonos For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Perseus71
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 3344

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by diakonos View Post
I'll try get that sent to Nick this weekend although I haven't done a clean flash since probably stable 5.0. I was about to make the leap to TWRP but will hold off until this issue gets more investigation. I don't reboot my phone that often anyway.

EDIT: I did take a current boot time logcat just for reference since I'm about to clean flash just in case that might have a bearing on things. I've been dirty flashing for months now...
Nothing Wrong with Dirty flashing. Particularly on Slim. But do please take a nandroid before your clean flash. And yes thanks for doing this.

The Following User Says Thank You to Perseus71 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]