Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,733,098 Members 46,741 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

OmniROM

Tip us?

ipzant
Old
Thanks Meter 6
Ok!! go back to Philz, but auto -update won't be possible. Thanks!!

singe0072
Old
Thanks Meter 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by ipzant View Post
Ok!! go back to Philz, but auto -update won't be possible. Thanks!!
I run Philz and yes the auto-update is not completely automatic but does work. Omni puts the update files on your sdcard called OpenDelta. So if you push Flash from the system update screen it will reboot into recovery and stop in Philz with an error. All you have to do is navigate in Philz to the OpenDelta folder and install the update.

As always make a backup in Philz before installing an update or new ROM.

~singe0072

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to singe0072 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Devotech
Old
(Last edited by Devotech; 21st July 2014 at 11:00 PM.)
Thanks Meter 9
Philz will flash automatically... Go to the System Update screen, and hit the menu - Uncheck "Secure". Philz will then automatically flash fine after that. Put any it items you need to flash after the ROM in the "Flash after update" folder in the Open Delta folder. This is where you would put the SuperSU zip to auto root after the update.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Devotech For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Daevionne
Old
Thanks Meter 20
If TWRP doesn't work for L900 4.4, and the install fails on Philz, then how do we install the rom?
Current Phone: Sprint Galaxy Note II
Rom: Smoothest Note 2 ROM (imho)

[I]Backup/I]: HTC EVO 3D
ROM:CM11

Retired: Tablet: Amazon Kindle Fire HD

Retired: Samsung Intercept
ROM: CM7

skye206
Old
Thanks Meter 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daevionne View Post
If TWRP doesn't work for L900 4.4, and the install fails on Philz, then how do we install the rom?
Philz install the Roms just fine. Its the auto update feature that was ment to work with twrp. You don't need to use the auto update feature its just quicker and easier. You could flash the updates or nightlys traditionally.

Some one please confirm this. This is how it works in similar Roms like PA

Sent from my SPH-L900 using XDA Free mobile app

Max-o
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devotech View Post
Philz will flash automatically... Go to the System Update screen, and hit the menu - Uncheck "Secure". Philz will then automatically flash fine after that. Put any it items you need to flash after the ROM in the "Flash after update" folder in the Open Delta folder. This is where you would put the SuperSU zip to auto root after the update.
Quote:
Originally Posted by skye206 View Post
Philz install the Roms just fine. Its the auto update feature that was ment to work with twrp. You don't need to use the auto update feature its just quicker and easier. You could flash the updates or nightlys traditionally.

Some one please confirm this. This is how it works in similar Roms like PA

Sent from my SPH-L900 using XDA Free mobile app
If you try to flash an update without turning the secure feature off it will fail and you need to install in manually like an other nightly. But if you turn off the secure feature then yes, philz will work with auto updating. And like Devotech said, you can then put zips into the "flash after update" folder like kernels.