Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,738,225 Members 53,628 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[APP][4.3+] Touchless Notifications Pro (40% off Summer Sale)

Tip us?

vgergo
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 38
Default Version 1.49 released

*no interruption in music if "keep playing" is selected

Google now will repost the exact same update (weather, or sports) if a lower priority card gets updated, or the number of active cards chane. The effect is that your phone keeps repeating the same weather report at the start of a game for example.

+skip notification, if it is exactly the same as last

This update should inhibit any notifications which match the previous. Note: it doesn't currently deal with alternating notifications, if two apps are doing this at the same time you will still get the repeated read-outs. Your only option in this case is to exclude the app from the read-outs. I am thinking about a "temporary" exclusion option.
Samsung Galaxy Note III N9005 - stock MJ1 rooted Knox 0x0 (since dec 6)

Check out my apps:

►Ask your phone "Okay, Google, play What's up" Moto X style: Touchless Notifications Free speaks all your active notifications. ►Replace S Voice with Google Now: S for Switch Voice Free works with always listening voice wake-up "Hi Galaxy" too.

vgergo
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 38
Default 1.50beta1 - car / desk dock

1.50beta1 has been submitted to the Play Store
►docking detection: new triggers for summary read-outs and to enable immediate read-out mode.

I made a separate entries for car and desk docks, because the readout should be delayed in the car, in case of the desk docking, summary is best if it starts instantaneously. I am curious of your opinion, and whether it works with different docking stations at all (I don't have access to any).

Click image for larger version

Name:	device-2014-07-07-224544.png
Views:	33
Size:	68.2 KB
ID:	2839735

To become a beta tester:
►request to join the tester community here
►switch to the beta track: here
►you will get more frequent updates and early releases
►pls let me know if anything is not quite OK
►testers cannot rate apps: if you like TN pls rate it before becoming a tester

Check out my apps:

►Ask your phone "Okay, Google, play What's up" Moto X style: Touchless Notifications Free speaks all your active notifications. ►Replace S Voice with Google Now: S for Switch Voice Free works with always listening voice wake-up "Hi Galaxy" too.

vgergo
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 38
Default New service release + Summer Sale 40% off

version 1.51 ►clarifications, fixes

40% off:
  • US USD 2.19 ► 1.32
  • Canada CAD 2.19 ► 1.32
  • UK GBP 1.29 ► 0.77
  • Europe EUR 1.49 ► 0.89
  • etc

The sale lasts until 500 downloads are reached for the Pro version (not that very long...)

Check out my apps:

mrlad
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Is there an option play notifications when the phone enters car mode? I have a bluetooth device in the car, but I also use bluetooth headphones while not driving so I need either a way to play notifications as soon as they appear when entering car mode or for a specific headset.

I know I probably could do this w/a llama or tasker action but I'm still doing an eval of the free version.

fred65
Old
Thanks Meter 1
First time I've visited the XDA page of TN, very happy to see "28. announce caller's name" on your todo list!

One thing that has caught me a couple times is that TN doesn't do anything when your phone's on vibrate/silent. I spent ages trying to figure out what was wrong before I realised the phone was on vibrate. Would be nice to have a prompt to take phone off silent when activating the app!

Other than that it's great, I'm using this app everytime I drive!
Samsung Galaxy S3 International (ICS) | iPhone 4 16GB | iPhone 4S (work supplied) | iPad 3 (work supplied)
Previously: iPAQ rw6828, HTC Hermes, i-mate 9502, iPhone 3G x2

vgergo
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrlad View Post
Is there an option play notifications when the phone enters car mode? I have a bluetooth device in the car, but I also use bluetooth headphones while not driving so I need either a way to play notifications as soon as they appear when entering car mode or for a specific headset.

I know I probably could do this w/a llama or tasker action but I'm still doing an eval of the free version.
(I post my google+ answer here too)

Yes, the tasker / llama action seems to be your best bet with the current version, but I will look into the matter whether it is plausible to add a bluetooth device list and device dependent behavior. Another tip is maybe to utilize the power trigger to start read-out in the car.

Check out my apps:

vgergo
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by fred65 View Post
First time I've visited the XDA page of TN, very happy to see "28. announce caller's name" on your todo list!

One thing that has caught me a couple times is that TN doesn't do anything when your phone's on vibrate/silent. I spent ages trying to figure out what was wrong before I realised the phone was on vibrate. Would be nice to have a prompt to take phone off silent when activating the app!

Other than that it's great, I'm using this app everytime I drive!
I add the silent warning/prompt to the todo list too. It seems easy enough (and important) so it will go even closer to the top

Check out my apps:

The Following User Says Thank You to vgergo For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]