Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,733,372 Members 39,469 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] root on p607t?

Tip us?

iandy1
Old
(Last edited by iandy1; 7th July 2014 at 04:19 AM.)
Thanks Meter 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by chevy383surfing View Post
So this firmware "P605XXUCNE2_P605OXACNE2_NEE", is it supposed to work on tmobile 607?
No, use towelroot on the stock p607t firmware to get root without tripping knox.
Current devices:
T-Mobile US Samsung Galaxy Note III N900T ROM: Effortless 6.0
Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 N8013 ROM: Gnabo v5
Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 ed. SM-P607T rooted NE2
Samsung Homesync GT-B9150 rooted MJ3
T-Mobile US HTC HD2 NAND ROM: WP 7.8 Dynamics 2.21 NativeSD ROM: Everything else

Honorable discharge:
Samsung Galaxy Note II
Samsung Omnia I910
Qtek 9100 Wiza200
The Following User Says Thank You to iandy1 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

chriscoy
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default So... still unanswered: how do we get the spen working again?

I've flashed to the latest firmware for my model, the USA T-Mobile SM-P607T after rooting, and the spen is completely useless, beyond being detected as being detached.

There is no way on this tablet to dial *#2663# - I can do so using airdroid remotely, and with addon dialers, but the action doesn't do anything. So, the instructions for updating the Wacom driver don't help.

Is there another way to obtain and update the Wacom driver?

kcrudup
Old
Thanks Meter 706
FWIW, I just realized after reading this thread that my S-Pen didn't work either after rooting (I never use it). But I've flashed the latest German P605 ROM, which has the "Phone" app. Dialing "*#2663#" did bring up a menu that let me reflash the Wacom, and now my S-Pen works.

If you remove the "*.mbn" and "*.bin" files from a P605 ROM, it flashes nicely on a P607T.
Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 3G (GT-N8000) on AT&T
Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 LTE (SM-P607T) on AT&T (and T-Mo/VZW)
HTC First on Net10/AT&T
(Save your "Thanks"; couldn't care less)

chriscoy
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default spen progress

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcrudup View Post
FWIW, I just realized after reading this thread that my S-Pen didn't work either after rooting (I never use it). But I've flashed the latest German P605 ROM, which has the "Phone" app. Dialing "*#2663#" did bring up a menu that let me reflash the Wacom, and now my S-Pen works.

If you remove the "*.mbn" and "*.bin" files from a P605 ROM, it flashes nicely on a P607T.
Indeed that is good info, thank you!

Did using a German ROM give you any language troubles, or did selecting the region handle that?

kcrudup
Old
Thanks Meter 706
Quote:
Originally Posted by chriscoy View Post
Did using a German ROM give you any language troubles, or did selecting the region handle that?
There's never any indication you're running an out-of-region ROM unless/until you do a full wipe- then you get the German (or whatever the origin country of the ROM you'd chosen) language as your initial screen, but then you just select "English (US)" and all is well.

There's a few locale-specific apps between the ROMs, too (i.e., hotel apps and data-usage checkers like the "My T-Mo" in ours) but they can be ignored (but display in English. too). I also own an OG 3G Note 10.1 that was never released in the US, and I'd switch to whatever latest ROM came out for whatever carrier.
HTC First on Net10/AT&T
The Following User Says Thank You to kcrudup For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

chriscoy
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default tar is a pain in the butt

Quote:
There's never any indication you're running an out-of-region ROM unless/until you do a full wipe- then you get the German (or whatever the origin country of the ROM you'd chosen) language as your initial screen, but then you just select "English (US)" and all is well.

There's a few locale-specific apps between the ROMs, too (i.e., hotel apps and data-usage checkers like the "My T-Mo" in ours) but they can be ignored (but display in English. too). I also own an OG 3G Note 10.1 that was never released in the US, and I'd switch to whatever latest ROM came out for whatever carrier.
I keep running into signature issues when I'm untarring. If I get past those problems I'll post whatever the cause is.

When I untar the 605M ROM, I get some kind of footer error. Maybe I need a new ROM.

kcrudup
Old
Thanks Meter 706
Quote:
Originally Posted by chriscoy View Post
When I untar the 605M ROM, I get some kind of footer error. Maybe I need a new ROM.
Let me guess- you're using Windows, I'll bet? The reason they're called ".tar.md5" files is 'cause after you tar the files, you then generate the MD5 sum and stick that at the end of the tarfile; Odin uses this to verify the integrity of the archive and while Linux' tar ignores it, maybe some other OS' choke on that.

If you're getting files extracted from the tar, and you've downloaded the files from somewhere trustworthy like SamMobile, don't sweat it. Also, I have a Google Drive link to last month's P605 FW here.
HTC First on Net10/AT&T

chriscoy
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default Windows tar. Oh, the suck.

Quote:
Let me guess- you're using Windows, I'll bet? The reason they're called ".tar.md5" files is 'cause after you tar the files, you then generate the MD5 sum and stick that at the end of the tarfile; Odin uses this to verify the integrity of the archive and while Linux' tar ignores it, maybe some other OS' choke on that.
Yes. Windows' tar. Looks like I'll be going into my Linux VM. In the future I wonder if cygwin does a better job... At any rate, I'll post my steps here later today or tomorrow when I can go through them and screenshot. Thanks a bunch

KittyTeapots
Old
(Last edited by KittyTeapots; 20th July 2014 at 12:37 AM.) Reason: Solved! Issue handled thank you.
Thanks Meter 447
So messed up and download the 905 root method. I see many questions but no answers still. Has anyone figured out how to get the SPen to work again?

Never mind problem solved! [emoji1]

stoehner
Old
Thanks Meter 29

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by NexVision View Post
I can confirm simply flashing TWRP then flashing SuperSU works for root and S-Pen is still fully functional.
Can you provide the SU file to flash. Thanks