Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,737,068 Members 47,468 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROMS]Mass CM Thread

Tip us?

cars1189
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 542
Quote:
Originally Posted by joelrg View Post
Having an ongoing problem with CM11 (both jfbs and cars versions), where Apollo and/or Google Play music wont play over Bluetooth. I have my phone paired to both my car stereo and my motorcycle helmet. I can make and receive phone calls no problem, but when I try to play music I get an error that the file could not be played back.

I've noticed many other posts from other CM11 on other phones with the same problem, so it isn't just the Exhibit. Has anyone heard anything about this??

Thanks to all that work on these roms, you time and effort is greatly appreciated! I'm currently running the latest Cars CM11 and K^K kernel.

Joel
Have you tried disabling lpa in sys.prop?
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to cars1189 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

jfbs
Old
Thanks Meter 631
build.prop can be edited during runtime at /system/build.prop by using performance control, or choosing one of these methods. You'll want to try changing the lpa line to read: lpa.decode=false. Bonus points for mounting /system back to r/o.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to jfbs For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

joelrg
Old
Thanks Meter 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by cars1189 View Post
Have you tried disabling lpa in sys.prop?
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfbs View Post
build.prop can be edited during runtime at /system/build.prop by using performance control, or choosing one of these methods. You'll want to try changing the lpa line to read: lpa.decode=false. Bonus points for mounting /system back to r/o.
I'll see what I can do, probably wont have time to test anything until tomorrow. I'll report back how I make out.

Joel

leckerbroetchen
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
That worked for me. Awesome! I set both

Code:
Select Code
lpa.decode=false
lpa.use-stagefright=false
(not sure if I needed the 2nd). Thanks a bunch!

FWIW, Winamp also worked fine before disabling lpa...

cars1189
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 542
Quote:
Just using the preinstalled cm file manager will work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by leckerbroetchen View Post

Code:
Select Code
lpa.decode=false

Great! and yes in cm11 the seond one has no affect anymore. It wont be there next build.(not that it matters but cleaner) Also i think im going to leave lpa on as it doesnt effect what i use the rom for and therefore maybe good for me and these are my builds and i use them...so yea...

TripFX
Old
Thanks Meter 157
Quote:
Originally Posted by cars1189 View Post
Just using the preinstalled cm file manager will work.

Great! and yes in cm11 the seond one has no affect anymore. It wont be there next build.(not that it matters but cleaner) Also i think im going to leave lpa on as it doesnt effect what i use the rom for and therefore maybe good for me and these are my builds and i use them...so yea...
its cool cars people know how to change it if need to be.
N. Tesla need I say more?

SlurmsMcKenzie
Old
Thanks Meter 265
Quote:
Originally Posted by TripFX View Post
So router is really old but still working but most likely slowly dying as you shouldn't need to reboot router that often and it shouldn't get warm. my linksys wrt120n was doing the same thing as far as needed rebooted so much as well as got warm. after about 6 or so months later i final caved and got a new router. If/when you do decide to get a new router if you want and the router is version isn't v2.0 go to ddwrt and flash that our your linksys. you can underclock routers cpu and see a bunch of new feats that linksys leaves out. Also if you dont use wps ddwrt i would recommend it anyways as wps routers are easy to hack into. So from a security stand point putting ddwrt on it since it doesnt support wps not have any coding for it. it will make it harder for someone to hack your wifi. this is all purely just fyi. let us know what they say in the next few days. also fyi

version 1.0 and 1.1 specs are
CPU: Broadcom 4704 300mhz
Ram 32MB SDRAM
Flash: 4MB

version 2.0
CPU: IntelŽ XScaleŽ IXP422 266MHz Processor
RAM: 16MB SDRAM
Flash: 4MB Flash
Thank you for the specs. and information. Really helped me narrow down the router I want to purchase.

Also, just to make sure that it really has something to do with my wireless router, I did a number of tests over the course of three days running different GApps and ROM builds (Slim, DarkCM, Cyanogen, Mahdi) and sure enough, the WiFi drain is still present.

P.S.
@cars1189 I gotta say, the battery life on your 7/7 build has been incredible for me while connected to my network with battery saving mode enabled for location. Thank you for all your hard work! Personal record here (light to medium use)...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-07-21-21-07-02.png
Views:	45
Size:	91.4 KB
ID:	2869257  

joelrg
Old
Thanks Meter 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by leckerbroetchen View Post

Code:
Select Code
lpa.decode=false

This also worked for me, disabling lpa.decode.

Thanks much!!

Joel

TripFX
Old
(Last edited by TripFX; 25th July 2014 at 10:44 PM.)
Thanks Meter 157
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlurmsMcKenzie View Post
Thank you for the specs. and information. Really helped me narrow down the router I want to purchase.

Also, just to make sure that it really has something to do with my wireless router, I did a number of tests over the course of three days running different GApps and ROM builds (Slim, DarkCM, Cyanogen, Mahdi) and sure enough, the WiFi drain is still present.
it could be too many people using the same wireless channel. inssider (requires Win/Mac with wifi) works great at testing wifi coverage as well as knowing which wifi channels are being used to help avoid overlapping and its free. Also no problem.

EDIT: v3 is free v4 has trial. Personally i still use v3 and you can google inssider free and find legal legit downloads for v3.
N. Tesla need I say more?

The Following User Says Thank You to TripFX For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]