Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,804,320 Members 38,102 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Isis with root?

Tip us?

lagvoid
Old
Thanks Meter 6
My mistake,I meant bone stock Rom. For those on cleanrom, were you able to make payments with Isis at McDonald's, cvs, etc?

When I was on bone stock, everything appeared to work fine, but payments never registered at nfc readers. The phone would say payment went through but nothing happened on the reader.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using XDA Free mobile app

joey100282
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Where do you claim the $25 at? I tried searching and didn't have any luck. Thanks in advance

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

hdjoe
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by lagvoid View Post
My mistake,I meant bone stock Rom. For those on cleanrom, were you able to make payments with Isis at McDonald's, cvs, etc?

When I was on bone stock, everything appeared to work fine, but payments never registered at nfc readers. The phone would say payment went through but nothing happened on the reader.

That happened today at verizon.. I had the stock rom back on with root.. I root cloaked, rebooted, opened Isis and had my free $25... It registered that it went through but the reader didn't receive payment so they entered it manually.
I Bought an htc flip case. I'll get another $16 in two days and then I'm done with Isis...

As for where to claim the $25... You have to activate any NFC phone with verizon right now and u get it... Wether u bought the phone from them or not.
Htc one m8 verizon..
Viper 1.6 - amazing!!!

iPhone 5.... Which I hate...and it's gone!

IPad mini retina 64gb.... Which I love.. Go figure

shortstuff_mt
Old
Thanks Meter 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by lagvoid View Post

Yes, I've successfully made purchases at Maverik (in-store and at the gas pump), Jamba Juice (free small smoothie when paying with Isis), and at a vending machine.

lagvoid
Old
Thanks Meter 6
good to know if I ever decide to go custom rom again. So many options with xposed modules, stock isn't so bad these days!

85gallon
Old
(Last edited by 85gallon; 18th June 2014 at 04:34 AM.)
Thanks Meter 678
Quote:
Originally Posted by joey100282 View Post
Where do you claim the $25 at? I tried searching and didn't have any luck. Thanks in advance

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
After you get Isis going and create an account you need to fill out the information to get an AMEX Serve PPD card. You sign up from within the app and it will throw you to AMEX's web site in a new browser window. It is when you sign up for the Serve card that you get the $25.

I just downloaded RootCloak module. It works great.

I signed up for the serve card. It took about 5 minutes and the new card is now in my wallet with $25 credit on it.

EDIT: WTF is up with the dueling apps? Isis wants to be default for trap and pray.

Then when you open Google wallet it won't work unless you make it the default trap and pray app.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. - Benjamin Franklin

hgoldner
Old
Thanks Meter 533
Quote:
Originally Posted by 85gallon View Post
After you get Isis going and create an account you need to fill out the information to get an AMEX Serve PPD card. You sign up from within the app and it will throw you to AMEX's web site in a new browser window. It is when you sign up for the Serve card that you get the $25.

I just downloaded RootCloak module. It works great.

I signed up for the serve card. It took about 5 minutes and the new card is now in my wallet with $25 credit on it.

EDIT: WTF is up with the dueling apps? Isis wants to be default for trap and pray.

Then when you open Google wallet it won't work unless you make it the default trap and pray app.
Trap and pray? Sounds like something a religious lobster fisherman would do. [emoji12]

My name's Harold and I'm a flashaholic....
Verizon Wireless HTC One M8 - Rooted/S-Off
Firmware/Recovery/ROM: 2.21.605.2, TWRP, Skyfall
Asus Transformer TF300T - Rooted/unlocked
Firmware/Recovery/ROM: 10.6.1.27.5; TWRP; CROMI-X
Nexus 7 FHD (2013) - Rooted/locked - KitKat KTU84L (v4.4.3)
Chromecast - Rooted
Firmware/ROM:: FlashCast; Eureka ROM
Retired devices: HTC Rezound; Nexus 7 (2012); HTC Droid Incredible; Arnova 10 G2

85gallon
Old
Thanks Meter 678
Quote:
Originally Posted by hgoldner View Post
Trap and pray? Sounds like something a religious lobster fisherman would do. [emoji12]

My name's Harold and I'm a flashaholic....
I'm a victim of Swype and not proofing before posting.

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. - Benjamin Franklin

Roefastford
Old
Thanks Meter 31
I cant get isis mobile wallet to work it keeps picking up root. I have tried the rootcloak plus also and also rootcloak plus through xposed and isis keeps picking up root, and this was with the isus verizon activity app added to the list to block and there are no other verizon apps on the list to block. Anyone ?