Originally Posted by yehya elmasry
I was wondering if someone came up with a free way to unlock the galaxy s5. It costs around $40 to get an unlock code online!
I am not sure if this works put this is the information I was given
On the downside of things, the S5 will be locked by the carrier. This means that there is no way the user can use other SIM cards on their device. Having a carrier lock S5 also restricts plenty of freedom with the user.
Well, there is now a way to overcome this. A set of unlock codes for Samsung smartphones have leaked on the internet and it will free every Samsung carrier locked devices. To break the chains on your S5, simply apply the following instruction.
1. Insert the foreign SIM card into your Samsung Galaxy S5.
2. Turn your handset off and back on again.
3. On the dialpad on your phone, type in *#197328640#.
4. Then select  UMTS >  Debug Screen >  Phone Control >  Network Lock > Options  Perso SHA256 OFF.
5. Wait for 30 seconds or so before returning to your main menu by choosing back.
6. In the main menu, you should see a “Network Lock” message, now choose  NW Lock NV Data INITIALLIZ.
Let me know how it worked for you?