[ROM] Dirty Unicorns 4.4.2 {t0lteatt} (04/13/14)

Search This thread

nelly_85

Nov 10, 2011
What kernel can I use with this ROM?

Sent from my GT-N7105 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Ill Named

Oct 7, 2011
I got this all working with only one hiccup. When I rebooted the first time after getting everything installed and working properly, My sd card is now corrupt and I can no longer read it on my pc or phone. It wants me to re-format it, but I don't want to loose all my junk on there, namely my nand backup of my stock rom. Am I hooped and have to re-format?

sumer1

Dec 29, 2010
Toronto
Hi,

Whats the difference between this

du_t0lteatt-4.4.4_20140720-WEEKLY.zip

And

du_t0lteatt-4.4.4_20140721-WEEKLY.zip

cheers

Namorbrowneyes

Mar 25, 2011
OnePlus 7 Pro
Google Pixel 7 Pro
Hi,

Whats the difference between this

du_t0lteatt-4.4.4_20140720-WEEKLY.zip

And

du_t0lteatt-4.4.4_20140721-WEEKLY.zip

cheers

Can't speak for anyone else but the later build systemui doesnt force quit after installing an app. Changing build.prop density also works right unlike previous build.. Just bugs like that.

Sent from my SGH-I317 using Tapatalk

Ill Named

Oct 7, 2011
Did it. 21 works so much better than 20. I was having a lot of fc's on 20. Namely with the hangouts widget when sending pics. But on a few other things also. BT would also disconnect from my car after finishing an album playing and not want to re-connect after. I haven't tried that yet, but hopefully it's better too.

Rockstad

Nov 3, 2012
Mcloud
Anyone else almost completely lose vibration? I did once updating to the latest version. Tried everything I could to get it back. Re-flashed ROM, wiped clean and started over. Hell I even bought a new vibrator(only 2.50$). I can't figure it out at all. Also running devil2 kernel

Sent from my SGH-I317 using XDA Free mobile app

Old Man Dave

Mar 4, 2013
Winnipeg
Anyone else almost completely lose vibration? I did once updating to the latest version. Tried everything I could to get it back. Re-flashed ROM, wiped clean and started over. Hell I even bought a new vibrator(only 2.50$). I can't figure it out at all. Also running devil2 kernel

Settings > device specific > haptic > vibration strength

Should be able to set it high enough to give a good deep tissue massage.

Rockstad

Nov 3, 2012
Mcloud
Settings > device specific > haptic > vibration strength

Should be able to set it high enough to give a good deep tissue massage.

Yeah that doesn't work, forgot to say I tried that too haha! Even at 100%. It is barely felt at all. I haven't got the slightest idea why this doesn't work anymore

jrodbrown58

I installed the last update to this rom last night and once I started installing apps I couldn't unlock my device. The screen would light up but not the lock screen, I had to do a battery pull to reboot. and once it rebooted, I kept getting a systemui had stopped. Needless to say I had to go back to my old ROM :/ is there any fix for these problems? Thanks!

Sent from my GT-N7105 using PACman Rom

shefsalad7

Nov 25, 2008
Delhi, India
I installed the last update to this rom last night and once I started installing apps I couldn't unlock my device. The screen would light up but not the lock screen, I had to do a battery pull to reboot. and once it rebooted, I kept getting a systemui had stopped. Needless to say I had to go back to my old ROM :/ is there any fix for these problems? Thanks!

Sent from my GT-N7105 using PACman Rom

This same thing happened to me. I found that Google plus is the culprit. I uninstalled it and everything works again. PS I had to uninstall it using Trwp because nothing worked without system ui

AzraelsKiss

Apr 16, 2011
Owenton, KY
This same thing happened to me. I found that Google plus is the culprit. I uninstalled it and everything works again. PS I had to uninstall it using Trwp because nothing worked without system ui

I was able to update G+ once I installed and updated everything else and rebooted the device. I don't know if y'all may have the same experience. Have a good one!

phaze1

Jan 20, 2008
I think development for this ROM has stopped :(

Don't know if it stopped for the ATT Note 2 or maybe on its way to stopping totally, however, I have seen DU rom updates for other devices that were newer than July. In the July builds Google+ sometimes after an update seems to crash the SystemUI and according to form posts elsewhere, I saw they know that and their newer builds addressed it.

"The system UI FC was due to an issue with Google+ update. I'll have a new test build out soon that will have that patched up."

Now I hope this is addressed with an update for the ATT Note 2.

Reactions: Duskycub

sumer1

Dec 29, 2010
Toronto
Don't know if it stopped for the ATT Note 2 or maybe on its way to stopping totally, however, I have seen DU rom updates for other devices that were newer than July. In the July builds Google+ sometimes after an update seems to crash the SystemUI and according to form posts elsewhere, I saw they know that and their newer builds addressed it.

"The system UI FC was due to an issue with Google+ update. I'll have a new test build out soon that will have that patched up."

Now I hope this is addressed with an update for the ATT Note 2.

I do check their Google plus page often and have noticed new builds for other devices except ours and totle. It just sucks because you find a rom that you like then development slows down or stops (SOKP-cough cough) oh well it's part of having an older device.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    mbK2Y4U.jpg

rom_information.png
    Dirty Unicorns (DU) is a custom ROM originally based off AOKP, but now based from OmniROM. DU brings you a great mix of stability and customization. The idea to start a ROM like this was purely out of boredom, but later turned into a form of an addiction, a good one. We began to have fun while still doing things the right way. By doing so, we received high praise from not only our users but by fellow developers of other ROMs that enjoy seeing things done the right way. This ROM will always be free of charge without any strings attached or any of it's developers luring you into donating or any form of "pay to flash".

ELDlDWD.png
    "Give credit and thanks where is due!" That's something that has fuel the way we do things! With that said, we would like to go ahead and credit those individuals and groups that have made this ROM possible with their original code and contributions to the Android community.....

| OmniROM | AOKP | ChaOS | Paranoidandroid | SlimROMs | Preludedrew | Team Black Out | Official Testers / Translators |

Believe it or not, we are human and we do forget things. If we have left someone out of the credit/thanks list, just PM us and we'll gladly add on to the list.​

features.png

-- Facebook Sync Hack
    -- PDroid patches included
    -- Immersive mode
    -- Hot Reboot Option
    -- Appbar (ribbons)
    -- Customizable Quick Settings
    -- Customizable power menu
    -- Customizable lockscreen shortcuts
    -- App Ops access in Settings
    -- TRDS (built in theme in settings)
    -- Statusbar Clock options
    -- NavBar Options
    -- Halo from Paranoidandroid
    -- Halo size changer
    -- Hardware key remap mod
    -- Battery Bar / Circle batteries
    -- Network speed indicators in statusbar
    -- Koush Superuser
    -- Build.prop mods
    -- Init.d Tweaks
    -- Active Display (Moto X notifications)
    -- ListView Animations
    -- Custom System Animations
    -- Custom BusyDialog
    -- Advanced Low Battery Indicator options
    -- ScreenShot QuickTrash
    -- Color Changing PhaseBeam
    -- Gesture Anywhere
    -- Button Light Notification
    -- Statusbar Color options
    -- Hosts file manager (ad-free option)
    -- OmniSwitch (multi-tasking tool)
    -- Driving Mode
    -- Lockscreen theme options
    -- Lockscreen notifications / options

-- And much much more, just take a peek in Dirty Tweaks for yourself and ENJOY!!!

kernel.png

6.0 - https://github.com/DirtyUnicorns-KitKat/android_kernel_samsung_smdk4412

flash.png

- Make sure you have TWRP or compatible recovery for kitkat
    - Wipe everything but your external/internal storage
    - Move the ROM zip to your device
    - Flash it and reboot
    - Once the ROM boots, reboot back into recovery
    - Flash the recommend GAPPS and ENJOY!!

issues.png

Nothing that I've seen but feel free to post what you find :)

changelog.png

Code:
    - Initial Kit Kat release

romlinks.png

ROM LINK - Download

GAPPS LINK - Download

MORE links that may or may not be of interest to you....

Google+ community - https://plus.google.com/u/0/communities/109738128866939227235
    Github source - https://github.com/DirtyUnicorns-KitKat
    Gerrit review - http://gerrit.dirtyunicorns.com/

PLEASE DO NOT MIRROR ANY VERSION OF THIS ROM!
    - IF THERE'S AN ISSUE WITH THE LINKS, JUST LET ME KNOW!
    mine too.....
    Finally got it uploaded. All is good now

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk
    New Build up today!
    New build posted. This one with Theme Chooser finally!!!!