Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,733,460 Members 40,209 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Your thoughts on the OnePlus Phone? Opinion and review here!

Tip us?

damage98
Old
Thanks Meter 32
2 of my buddies have g3's and keep the phone on the charger a lot. I love the battery life on this phone after my nexus5. Really miss Qi.

SolarTrans
Old
Thanks Meter 166
Quote:
Originally Posted by tehpud View Post
I also got an invite. I went ahead and ordered it while I had the chance. I can always resell it if I don't like it. I'm up in the air with the OPO vs my G3. I have the G3 and it's a great phone. Really love it. Aside from bloatware freezing, it was a breeze to get it all set up.

That being said - I am also wanting to see more development on there too. The screen is bright which is not the same report from other G3 owners. Some report low brightness on higher settings. I actually set it to 0% the other evening and it was still bright. I'm not exaggerating.

I can't decide between the G3 or OPO right now. I think the decision will come once it arrives. To be honest - I am not a fan of the business practice OPO has used and also caused in the CM environment. The tactics to market and sell have been an unpleasant one for me.

Should have it in hand by Tuesday if shipping is anything similar to other users experiences so far.
IMO, the OnePlus is better than the G3 because it's faster and has better battery life.
The G3 prime, on the other hand, is insane!
The S805 makes phones with 2k displays have better battery life than those with 1080p ones+S801, and it makes the performance skyrocket too!

Sent from my HTC One M8 Developer Edition using Tapatalk

LiquidSolstice
Old
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 4365
Properly software tweaked, my OPO has been incredibly satisfying to use.

I came from a Nexus 5 and I have no regrets. I don't think I have the yellow band, but I'm not as stupidly paranoid about it as some of the people on the OPO forums and I'm not going to bother looking for it. I have a feeling that if I start to force myself to search for it, I'll find it.

The device is an absolute joy to use and I would strongly recommend it to anyone who's interested.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to LiquidSolstice For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Sisyphus306
Old
Thanks Meter 17
I've only had the OPO for a few days, but I really like it so far. The display is great, the UI snappy, the sound (via headphones) pretty damn good, and it feels great in the hand. I love the texture of the sandstone black back. My aim was to go back and forth between this phone and my One M8, which I love to death, but unless some major flaw exposes itself at any point the OPO might see more use.

SolarTrans
Old
Thanks Meter 166
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sisyphus306 View Post
I've only had the OPO for a few days, but I really like it so far. The display is great, the UI snappy, the sound (via headphones) pretty damn good, and it feels great in the hand. I love the texture of the sandstone black back. My aim was to go back and forth between this phone and my One M8, which I love to death, but unless some major flaw exposes itself at any point the OPO might see more use.
I was in the same position as you: Had the M8 and bought an OPO. Liked the OPO better initially, but went back to the M8 a week later due to the screen, speed, battery life, and speakers.

drakester09
Old
Thanks Meter 853
Quote:
Originally Posted by LiquidSolstice View Post
Properly software tweaked, my OPO has been incredibly satisfying to use.

I came from a Nexus 5 and I have no regrets. I don't think I have the yellow band, but I'm not as stupidly paranoid about it as some of the people on the OPO forums and I'm not going to bother looking for it. I have a feeling that if I start to force myself to search for it, I'll find it.

The device is an absolute joy to use and I would strongly recommend it to anyone who's interested.
What ROM are you using?
Devices: Nexus 5 - Nexus 7 (2013) - OnePlus One

LiquidSolstice
Old
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 4365
Quote:
Originally Posted by drakester09 View Post
What ROM are you using?
I tried Mahdi, and it's definitely full of features, but somehow (and I know this is going to sound as vague and muddy as possible), CyanogenMod just "feels" better.

The only complaint I have with CM right this moment (apart from several ethical/developmental decisions they make) is that the Back button cannot be remapped.

I shut off the backlight for the cap keys, and my plan was to swap the Hardware key layout to the Nexus style (Back, Home, Recents), and I found that you can't do that. Madhi could, as could Slim, so I hope someone makes a CM11S derivative that can do it.

SolarTrans
Old
Thanks Meter 166
Quote:
I tried Mahdi, and it's definitely full of features, but somehow (and I know this is going to sound as vague and muddy as possible), CyanogenMod just "feels" better.

The only complaint I have with CM right this moment (apart from several ethical/developmental decisions they make) is that the Back button cannot be remapped.

I shut off the backlight for the cap keys, and my plan was to swap the Hardware key layout to the Nexus style (Back, Home, Recents), and I found that you can't do that. Madhi could, as could Slim, so I hope someone makes a CM11S derivative that can do it.
Yeah I had that problem with the buttons too. By default they're Samsung style, which isn't too bad, but there's no reason to not be able to remap back if you can already remap the others.

drakester09
Old
(Last edited by drakester09; Today at 03:56 AM.)
Thanks Meter 853
Quote:

Same here. Unfortunately Mahdi does not show an overflow button in Chrome and as silly as it sounds it's a real work flow breaker to me.

Using CM11 nightlies.

Edit: Nevermind, I now understand what you meant. Yes, you can't remap the back button in CM stock.

Guess I got used to the Galaxy S5 layout.
Devices: Nexus 5 - Nexus 7 (2013) - OnePlus One

Tags
5.5, oneplus, oppo, snapdragon 800