Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,736,958 Members 52,642 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Random reboots

Tip us?

BerndM14
Old
Thanks Meter 147
Quote:
Originally Posted by exad View Post
For you it's almost definitely an xposed module. I was talking to the guy who was completely stock unrooted.
Oh ok, sorry

trajik78
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Mines rebooting on its own as well. Just got the phone yesterday and it's happened at least 3 times. 100% stock.
HTC One (M8) stock
Berries & Cream

bigsmooth66
Old
Thanks Meter 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by trajik78 View Post
Mines rebooting on its own as well. Just got the phone yesterday and it's happened at least 3 times. 100% stock.
Hi guys,

So I was having the same problem with random reboots. I got frustrated and thought to just root and change to a GPE ROM. In the process of doing that I rooted and installed SetCPU. I discovered that the clock speed was 2265 and the minimum spped was set to 1958 by default. I felt like this was weird because that means the processor is running near full speed at all times (thus why the phone would get warm). To test I set the phone at max 2265 and min 2265. Almost immediately after reboot the phone started to get very warm. So, I changed the min to 1574 and then rebooted. It has been two weeks with:
  • no reboots
  • slightly better battery life than before
  • phone does not get warm

I have the T-Mobile HTC One M8. I wonder if the constant high speed was intentional. I had to exchange my phone twice before trying this. I even tried using the phone before installing third party apps and it would still reboot. I am rooted with s-on and stock recovery and now I don't feel the need to install another ROM.

Hope this helps for some of you!!

trajik78
Old
Thanks Meter 4
good looking out there. However I most likely won't be changing my ROM due to it working fairly nicely with my JVC KW-NSX700 car stereo. Mirrorlink seems to be functional with a quirk here or there.
HTC One (M8) stock
Berries & Cream

bigsmooth66
Old
Thanks Meter 6
Oh, I'm still running the stock sense rom

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app