Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,812,812 Members 48,981 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[SM-V700] tizen to rooting

Tip us?

Jv18
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by NakedFaerie View Post
Not sure if I can do this but I just did. Maybe someone else can move it to a better spot but here it is.
Firmware NF1 rooted.
mediafire.com/?xliv2pck1st5b3s
Its the Australian version but as they are just about all the same it shouldn't matter.
I installed it last week. I went from Android to NE9 then installed this one and it worked and its rooted.
I installed the one another boy posted and muted the camera the link of the one I tried is this " I uploaded NF1 rooted img

mega.co.nz/#!wpNSwYbS!FeOxSr...Nn43s-iFxWd5wU " BUT i saw a battery drain. the gear drop into 14% from 100% down in 3-4 hours of normal use. In stock mode it doesn't happen. yours NF1 is the same rom? or is another made by you ? how much your battery life is?

NakedFaerie
Old
(Last edited by NakedFaerie; 18th July 2014 at 07:23 AM.)
Thanks Meter 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jv18 View Post
I installed the one another boy posted and muted the camera the link of the one I tried is this " I uploaded NF1 rooted img

mega.co.nz/#!wpNSwYbS!FeOxSr...Nn43s-iFxWd5wU " BUT i saw a battery drain. the gear drop into 14% from 100% down in 3-4 hours of normal use. In stock mode it doesn't happen. yours NF1 is the same rom? or is another made by you ? how much your battery life is?
Its the original with root added nothing else. The root file I added to it was posted here I just put them together and posted it for others to get.
Did you do the factory reset after installing it?

I'm using that firmware currently and yesterday it used 12% all day.
I did have a huge pattery drain when I connected my bluetooth headset to the gear as well as my phone. Everytime I made a phone call using the bluetooth headset it would drain the Gear and drop it battery life from a few days to a few hours. I recommend to disconnect any bluetooth headsets and just not even have any set up as they drain the battery bigtime.
-= COZ I CAN =-

Jv18
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by NakedFaerie View Post
Its the original with root added nothing else. The root file I added to it was posted here I just put them together and posted it for others to get.
Did you do the factory reset after installing it?

I'm using that firmware currently and yesterday it used 12% all day.
I did have a huge pattery drain when I connected my bluetooth headset to the gear as well as my phone. Everytime I made a phone call using the bluetooth headset it would drain the Gear and drop it battery life from a few days to a few hours. I recommend to disconnect any bluetooth headsets and just not even have any set up as they drain the battery bigtime.
I didn't a factory reset. I'll flash it now, then i'll do it. and I'll test with phone and without phone connected to feedback thanks
The Following User Says Thank You to Jv18 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Kashban
Old
(Last edited by Kashban; 25th July 2014 at 09:32 AM.)
Thanks Meter 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jijonhyuni View Post
how to install

download to http://www.4shared.com/file/XIqMjv5j...ootfsimg.html?

execute Odin

ap click

choice to v700_rootfs.img.tar

start
Download not working. On Firefox it does not start at all and Chrome fails after downloading about 60MB. Any mirror available or somebody care to load it to Dropbox/Drive?

EDIT: Nevermind, must be something with the VPN I'm on or a virus scanner jacking in. Download over my own internet line works.
1st Picture Calendar Widget THD Advertising Graphics

Devices

Samsung Galaxy S2 (CM11) - Samsung Galaxy S3 (CM 11) - Asus Transformer Pad 701 32 GiByte grey - Google Nexus 7 2013 32 GiByte - Huawei Ideox X3 (Stock rooted) - Sony XPeria J (4.1.2, rooted), TV-PC E-MC884-quad (Android 4.2), Samsung Galaxy Gea 1 (null_23)

shamrock505
Old
Thanks Meter 17
How long does it take for the Android file to download? The blue status bar on the gear goes all the way to the right almost immediately and then nothing happens - been 10 minutes - thanks in advance

---------- Post added at 09:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:42 PM ----------

Ps-the the last thing listed on Odin IS-NAND Write Start!!

shamrock505
Old
Thanks Meter 17
I just noticed I'm in the wrong place - sorry folks