Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,737,213 Members 39,871 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

(HOW TO) Get Viper audio to work with kitkat aosp based roms

Tip us?

InSaNeO1488
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 36
Default (HOW TO) Get Viper audio to work with kitkat aosp based roms

Ok so I was having trouble getting viper audio mod to work with cm 11 based roms so after consulting with GoblinZ it seems he and irocevo figured it out and shared with me what was wrong. To start when i downloaded viper and installed it, removed dsp manager with titanium backup and installed viper audio drivers, it worked great.... Until I rebooted my phone then it was like I never installed the drivers, but they were still installed... So that was the issue I was having, couldn't get it to stick, so this is how goblinz instructed me to get it to work.

First you need viper audio mod [http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2191223

Now download viper audio zip file and open with your file explorer, I'm using es file Explorer you must enable Root Explorer and Mount
/system as writable. Ok now don't install the viper apk located inside the zip just extract it to any folder you like, now copy the Viper audio apk file to /system/priv-app

Ok now one more thing, You must change the permissions on the apk file, so in es file Explorer you long press on the file, then press on more/properties then permissions, change them to
Owner: read write execute
Group: read write
Others: read

Now reboot and then you should see Viper4Android as an app in your app drawer, open then install audio drivers then at the top right of your screen you'll see three dots which is the menu for the app, check FX compatibility mode and check compatible, then check UI setting to moderate or expert.

That's it your done, hopefully this helps someone out cause I was really frustrated that i couldn't get this to work cause imo this is the best audio mod for Android.

Enjoy

Sent from my EVO using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

chemjb
Old
Thanks Meter 127
Or just install the app. Open titanium and convert to system app.
Open Viper and install driver of choice.
Dont reboot yet.
Edit your build.prop and change lpa.decode=false.
Reboot.
Profit.

The build.prop edit is the most important one. The only Roms it doesnt work is the last build of cm10.2 and that was because CM messed the rom and made it impossible for user to disable low power audio. Thus V4A didnt work no matter what. Evrrything else sense aosp cm etc just edit the build.prop entry and you are good to go.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to chemjb For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

InSaNeO1488
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 36
Good stuff thanks

Sent from my EVO using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Garros
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Default ..

Does the Viper mod have the option to increase the phones in call volume on the earpiece?

Sent from my EVO using XDA