Softbrick?

Search This thread

Giolte_

Jul 6, 2014
Hi guys, I think my Nexus is in bootloop another time...
Now I have not time to see anything, but the recovery is unlocked. . can I try something?
What should I do?
Thanks..

vin4yak

Mar 10, 2013
Mumbai
vinu.info
Not sure what you mean by recovery is unlocked.. Do you mean the bootloader?

Download the factory image from google and flash system, boot and cache img files and reboot. If you're still stuck, flash all img files and you will be up and running.

danarama

Aug 22, 2010
Oxenhope, West Yorkshire, UK
Factory images are flashed via fastboot

Click link to sticky thread in signature. Then read "adb and fastboot. What is it?" thread. Then you'll know everything and can follow the guide you posted

Although before that, you tried a factory reset from recovery, yes?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Giolte_

Jul 6, 2014
No, like I said I'm back just now and I'haven't tried nothing, so I have to try the factory reset?

danarama

Aug 22, 2010
thats an information thread. Its info so you understand how to fastboot flash. Read it all to understand

You'll want to flash system, cache, boot and userdata.. Fyi userdata will wipe sdcard. Adb pull any data you need to kwwp

Last edited:

Giolte_

Jul 6, 2014
Ok.. however, I've already done the installation of adb, I have to do it another time?

Giolte_

Jul 6, 2014
Sorry, "match" is not the correct verb, however this is the situation:
"adb devices" in the cmd doesn't find the device, and here says "android bootloader interface", but I can't understand if this says it's connected or not...
Qp84R2W.png

Giolte_

Jul 6, 2014
No, I'm booted into Bootloader, I don't have to flash boot, system, userdata and cache via fastboot?

danarama

Aug 22, 2010
No, I'm booted into Bootloader, I don't have to flash boot, system, userdata and cache via fastboot?

You've clearly not understood my thread. Adb only works in recovery. Fastboot only works in bootloader. If you're booted into bootloader use "fastboot devices". Please read the thread again. This time in full.

Reactions: Giolte_

Giolte_

Jul 6, 2014
Mmm, sorry, I maybe jump this part...
So, ok, both fastboot and recovery see the device, now I'm gonna flash boot, userdata, cache and system via fastboot, yes? And then I have to do another factory reset like said in the guide "How to flash a factory image"?

Giolte_

Jul 6, 2014
Ok, thanks, now unfortunately I have to go, I'll back in 1-2 hours and I try to flash these things.
I have to flash them in the order of this guide or it's the same?
Thanks again, now I really must go.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Not sure what you mean by recovery is unlocked.. Do you mean the bootloader?

Download the factory image from google and flash system, boot and cache img files and reboot. If you're still stuck, flash all img files and you will be up and running.
    Softbrick? No such thing lol.

See/read here for everything you need to do to reflash your phone : http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2784527

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk 2
    No. Please try to apply logic to the situation

What the hell are you talking about. Its either listed and connected or not listed which means it's disconnected. It doesn't match anything.

Sorry, "match" is not the correct verb, however this is the situation:
    "adb devices" in the cmd doesn't find the device, and here says "android bootloader interface", but I can't understand if this says it's connected or not...
    Qp84R2W.png

And you're booted into recovery, right?