Mozilla Ditches Google, Makes Yahoo Default Search Engine

Mozilla and Google have had a long-standing relationship of about 10 years. Google … more

Learn More About Linux with Linux Man Pages

Linux is quite a powerful and very configurable operating system. Thanks to some user-friendly … more

Detect, Avoid IMSI-Catcher Attacks with Android IMSI-Catcher Detector

Privacy is always an important topic, as well as a delicate one to … more

Materialized LeanDroid Fights Your Poor Battery Life

Battery life has always been one of the biggest problems facing most Android devices. … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

Torn between two watches.

OP cylent

30th May 2014, 10:42 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Baghdad
Thanks Meter: 3
 
212 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2008
More
I am trying to decided between two smart watches.

first we have the "E-Ceros Smart Nano Waterproof 3G Smartwatch - MTK6577 Dual Core 1GHz CPU, 1.54 Inch Capacitive Touch Screen, IP57"

then we have the "ZGPAX S5 Android 4.0 Smart Phone Watch - 1.54 Inch Touch Screen Display, Camera, Dual Core CPU (Black)"

Things I have about both:

the first one, has the back button on the left side as well as the power button. big annoyance.
the second one being the zpax. i hate the camera placement. its too obvious especially when entering government agencies.

in addition theres also this one which is somewhat oversized for a wrist wtch but seems to be a powerhouse. even the batter is 900maH. Android Phone Wrist Watch "Rock" - Quad Band, 2 Inch Capacitive Screen, 2MP Camera (White)

Pls recommend.
31st May 2014, 06:38 PM   |  #2  
simple1i's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag london
Thanks Meter: 40
 
322 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by cylent

I am trying to decided between two smart watches.

first we have the "E-Ceros Smart Nano Waterproof 3G Smartwatch - MTK6577 Dual Core 1GHz CPU, 1.54 Inch Capacitive Touch Screen, IP57"

then we have the "ZGPAX S5 Android 4.0 Smart Phone Watch - 1.54 Inch Touch Screen Display, Camera, Dual Core CPU (Black)"

Things I have about both:

the first one, has the back button on the left side as well as the power button. big annoyance.
the second one being the zpax. i hate the camera placement. its too obvious especially when entering government agencies.

in addition theres also this one which is somewhat oversized for a wrist wtch but seems to be a powerhouse. even the batter is 900maH. Android Phone Wrist Watch "Rock" - Quad Band, 2 Inch Capacitive Screen, 2MP Camera (White)

Pls recommend.

This is not a recommendation...

Correct me if i'm wrong, i read somewhere that the ZGPAX had Mic issues?
2nd June 2014, 04:09 AM   |  #3  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
9 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by cylent

I am trying to decided between two smart watches.

first we have the "E-Ceros Smart Nano Waterproof 3G Smartwatch - MTK6577 Dual Core 1GHz CPU, 1.54 Inch Capacitive Touch Screen, IP57"

then we have the "ZGPAX S5 Android 4.0 Smart Phone Watch - 1.54 Inch Touch Screen Display, Camera, Dual Core CPU (Black)"

Things I have about both:

the first one, has the back button on the left side as well as the power button. big annoyance.
the second one being the zpax. i hate the camera placement. its too obvious especially when entering government agencies.

in addition theres also this one which is somewhat oversized for a wrist wtch but seems to be a powerhouse. even the batter is 900maH. Android Phone Wrist Watch "Rock" - Quad Band, 2 Inch Capacitive Screen, 2MP Camera (White)

Pls recommend.

If you want the best Android smartwatch - Check the A.I Watch I already pre order it and impatient to wear it on my wrist
23rd July 2014, 09:40 AM   |  #4  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
2 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2014
Thumbs up About the E-Ceros Nano
This smart watch is amazing, with regard to it's ability to make phone calls form seemingly anywhere.

The SIM came for my watch today, and I have been able to make calls from where I work, a large brick building. And also at home, a double brick building also.

The call quality to the receiver, is, as though froma full size phone.

The caller audio through the phone's speaker is quite loud and crystal clear.

But the annoying thing is, the keyboard characters are SO small, even using a magnifying glass and a small rubber tipped stylus,I have been totally unable to register the device on Play Store. It is impossible to get any letter right.

If anyone else with the watch has a solution, I will be very grateful.

My intention was to register it, then download "Speaktoit" Assistand to work around keying in emails, texts, searching, etc.

I think this will be a problem for all 3G smartwtaches, not linked to a Master phone via Bluetooth.

Also, in my opinion, a phone larger than 1.54 inches would be impossible to wear. This one causes shirt sleeve problems & it is probably one of the smallest.
23rd July 2014, 05:15 PM   |  #5  
BPM's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 9
 
149 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2006
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by aussie001

But the annoying thing is, the keyboard characters are SO small, even using a magnifying glass and a small rubber tipped stylus,I have been totally unable to register the device on Play Store. It is impossible to get any letter right.

If anyone else with the watch has a solution, I will be very grateful.
.


check one of this keyboards and the problem is solved:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...t.flitkeyboard
https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...eas.mekb&hl=de
23rd July 2014, 05:28 PM   |  #6  
Account currently disabled
Flag Dubai
Thanks Meter: 281
 
581 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2011
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by aussie001

This smart watch is amazing, with regard to it's ability to make phone calls form seemingly anywhere.

The SIM came for my watch today, and I have been able to make calls from where I work, a large brick building. And also at home, a double brick building also.

The call quality to the receiver, is, as though froma full size phone.

The caller audio through the phone's speaker is quite loud and crystal clear.

But the annoying thing is, the keyboard characters are SO small, even using a magnifying glass and a small rubber tipped stylus,I have been totally unable to register the device on Play Store. It is impossible to get any letter right.

If anyone else with the watch has a solution, I will be very grateful.

My intention was to register it, then download "Speaktoit" Assistand to work around keying in emails, texts, searching, etc.

I think this will be a problem for all 3G smartwtaches, not linked to a Master phone via Bluetooth.

Also, in my opinion, a phone larger than 1.54 inches would be impossible to wear. This one causes shirt sleeve problems & it is probably one of the smallest.

SmartQ Zwatch also has 1.54 inch screen and can type with relative ease on it, so probably the keyboard you have installed on the watch is not good or maybe screen on your watch is not as accurate. Flit Keyboard is very good for smartwatch (after check no popup in keyboard settings), try to sideload flit keyboard apk to your watch and install, then type and try.
24th July 2014, 04:13 AM   |  #7  
Lokifish Marz's Avatar
Recognized Contributor / Recognized Developer
Flag Olympus Mons, Mars
Thanks Meter: 3,282
 
2,890 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2011
Donate to Me
More
E-Ceros Nano is EC-309 based. With an exposed SIM slot shown on the E-Ceros Nano I find it a bit hard to believe that it's water resistant. And having completely dissassambled an EC-309, the SIM slot is only only of many water ingress points. It would take a serious redesign to even get splash resistance much less IP57.

Both are also based on a two year old CPU that was known for being battery hungry.
24th July 2014, 07:28 AM   |  #8  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
9 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2011
Hello
I use hackers keyboard on my zwatch and its really easy to use. I set it to 68%, lts big enough to type with my finger
Chris
26th July 2014, 11:11 AM   |  #9  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
2 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2014
Aboout The E-Ceros Nano
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lokifish Marz

E-Ceros Nano is EC-309 based. With an exposed SIM slot shown on the E-Ceros Nano I find it a bit hard to believe that it's water resistant. And having completely dissassambled an EC-309, the SIM slot is only only of many water ingress points. It would take a serious redesign to even get splash resistance much less IP57.

Both are also based on a two year old CPU that was known for being battery hungry.

The user manual states it is not waterproof. One of the first statements in the user manual.

I think the SIM receptacle in the band would be like an air pocket and water would not enter. I once had my yearly bus ticket in it's plastic sleeve get into the washing machine, - it was not damaged after a complete wash cycle.

But I would be concerned about water entering the speaker grill also on the band.

I would not be concerned about rain, unless it was torrential,
26th July 2014, 11:26 AM   |  #10  
Lokifish Marz's Avatar
Recognized Contributor / Recognized Developer
Flag Olympus Mons, Mars
Thanks Meter: 3,282
 
2,890 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2011
Donate to Me
More
Water can get into the SIM slot.

LOL. If it's built like the EC-309 that it is, then it's even less water resistant the your typical smartphone. Even a light spray can kill these things.
Last edited by Lokifish Marz; 26th July 2014 at 11:30 AM.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes