Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,736,344 Members 46,087 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] KERNAL error kernal contains htc anti-firewater patch

Tip us?

rikkiprince
Old
Thanks Meter 1
For the record, just managed to S-OFF using firewater with:
The Following User Says Thank You to rikkiprince For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

clsA
Old
Thanks Meter 850

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by rikkiprince View Post

Good deal, whats you hboot ?
HTC One 32 GB AT&T

rikkiprince
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by clsA View Post
Good deal, whats you hboot ?
Sorry, I knew there was some information I'd forgotted! HBOOT is 1.56.

sam9s
Old
Thanks Meter 14
thanks rikki prince, I was not able to s-off my phone, your links helped me .... with bullerproof kernal I was able to s-off. I am at 1.57 BTW ...
HTC One | Samsung Galaxy Nexus | iPhone 4

ohredwood
Old
Thanks Meter 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by sam9s View Post
thanks rikki prince, I was not able to s-off my phone, your links helped me .... with bullerproof kernal I was able to s-off. I am at 1.57 BTW ...
Man I sure would like to know your secret because I've spent about the last 7 hours with no luck. First I had problems with my adb not recognizing my device even though fastboot worked just fine. I ended up having to re download the drivers for htc sync. Got adb to recognize my device now. I've ran firewater several times and I get to the point where it tells me in the beginning that after 2 minutes if the program hangs to hold the power button for 60 seconds.

It just throws down more dots, and more dots, and finally after 10 minutes I gave up, I didn't need to hold the power button for 60 seconds, because the phone was immediately alive. I had to send back my htc one m7 due to the purple camera issue, and returned it to stock, relocked, and s-on. The new one they sent me has a 1.57 hboot in it.

At first it told me with Mikes ahd 71.1 rom, the kernel contains htc anti-firewater patch, so I found this forum, and downloaded bulletproof kernel, and mikes rom but that's when it hangs.

Any suggestions? I do have it rooted, which I guess is the main thing, would like s-off though...

Thanks

ohredwood
Old
Thanks Meter 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohredwood View Post
Man I sure would like to know your secret because I've spent about the last 7 hours with no luck. First I had problems with my adb not recognizing my device even though fastboot worked just fine. I ended up having to re download the drivers for htc sync. Got adb to recognize my device now. I've ran firewater several times and I get to the point where it tells me in the beginning that after 2 minutes if the program hangs to hold the power button for 60 seconds.

It just throws down more dots, and more dots, and finally after 10 minutes I gave up, I didn't need to hold the power button for 60 seconds, because the phone was immediately alive. I had to send back my htc one m7 due to the purple camera issue, and returned it to stock, relocked, and s-on. The new one they sent me has a 1.57 hboot in it.

At first it told me with Mikes ahd 71.1 rom, the kernel contains htc anti-firewater patch, so I found this forum, and downloaded bulletproof kernel, and mikes rom but that's when it hangs.

Any suggestions? I do have it rooted, which I guess is the main thing, would like s-off though...

Thanks
I also just checked my emmc and shows CID to begin with 1501, not 9001, which I read threads that you can't S-off those phones, so rule that out. Was just curious and checked the temp/data folder on the phone to see if firewater had actually been pushed to phone, it's there, so not sure why this is not working to get s-off.

travisthread
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Thumbs up WOW ! Made it !

Quote:
Originally Posted by rikkiprince View Post
Thanks M8!!!! After about 6 months finally made it thanks to You.