Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,739,099 Members 45,754 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Root 4.4.2 on GT-N7100 <All builds>

Tip us?

smeet.somaiya
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AbdMah View Post
Ok guys... i have succeeded rooting my note II and i can go into philz recovery mode.. yeaa

Now i dont want f... up my phone (tried that before)...

please explain step by step how to install a new custom rom, I cant seem to find a guide for that (maybe its just me)

Thanks in advance!
First you should make full nandroid backup.
Go to backup and restore menu in philz recovery and select the first or the second option. Let the backup complete.

Now go to wipe data factory reset menu in philz recovery. Select clean to install a new rom. This will wipe your existing stock rom.
Now you can flash a new rom via install zip menu in philz.
The Following User Says Thank You to smeet.somaiya For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

AbdMah
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I made a backup...

And did this "Now go to wipe data factory reset menu in philz recovery. Select clean to install a new rom. This will wipe your existing stock rom."

and tried to install this (dont know if its compatible) [ROM] [4.4.4][HOVER][HALO][SlimPie][PAPIE][multiwindow][15th July 2014] CM-REMIX-Burst-Kernel-KANG [ver_3.0.0bld2]

but it failed... can you please sugest a good and stable rom

smeet.somaiya
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AbdMah View Post
I made a backup...

And did this "Now go to wipe data factory reset menu in philz recovery. Select clean to install a new rom. This will wipe your existing stock rom."

and tried to install this (dont know if its compatible) [ROM] [4.4.4][HOVER][HALO][SlimPie][PAPIE][multiwindow][15th July 2014] CM-REMIX-Burst-Kernel-KANG [ver_3.0.0bld2]

but it failed... can you please sugest a good and stable rom
If you want AOSP ROM then i can suggest you LiquidSmooth, C- Rom, CMX roms.

If you want touchwiz Phantom, dn3 and dr.ketans rom are good.

I am saying this based on my personal experience. Your opinion may differ from mine.

AbdMah
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I tried dn3 but, it stopped in the middle of installation... i tried to re install it many times

so dont know what to do about that, if you could come with suggestions to that would be nice