Ask a question

No registration required

Towelroot by: geohot

OP Demmonnixx

26th June 2014, 03:54 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 61

180 posts
Just letting everyone know that is does work for this device as well. Not sure if it's been mentioned already or not. If so and it's old news, sorry but didn't see anything posted about here although I didn't look very hard either

On the latest 4.4.4 update. So far so good. Did it's thing in less than 5sec's. Root Check was good, Installed SU from the playstore, said something about the SU Binaries or something, rebooted and bam, that msg doesn't show up anymore and all looks to be good.

Thank you geohot!
The Following User Says Thank You to Demmonnixx For This Useful Post: [ View ]
25th July 2014, 02:42 AM   |  #2  
Flag Cambridge
Thanks Meter: 0

4 posts
Donate to Me
More
Bricking and Boot Loops on Nexus 7 2013 WI-FI
Quote:
Originally Posted by Demmonnixx

Just letting everyone know that is does work for this device as well. Not sure if it's been mentioned already or not. If so and it's old news, sorry but didn't see anything posted about here although I didn't look very hard either

On the latest 4.4.4 update. So far so good. Did it's thing in less than 5sec's. Root Check was good, Installed SU from the playstore, said something about the SU Binaries or something, rebooted and bam, that msg doesn't show up anymore and all looks to be good.

Thank you geohot!

I actually have encountered problems on two separate Nexus 7 2013 editions both in less the a day of using towelroot. One tablet with a custom kernel bricked and the other tablet while rooted with towelroot is without a custom kernel and whenever encountering a force close will reboot itself and boot loop 20-30 times before eventually booting back into Android 4.4.4. I have no definitive 'proof' that towelroot is causing these errors but I find it all a little too coincidental. I hope your device fairs better then mine.
25th July 2014, 04:29 AM   |  #3  
Flag South of Heaven
Thanks Meter: 1,072

1,676 posts
More
Not sure I see the point of towelroot on a N7, one just has to flash supersu in twrp.

Edit: I guess if you don't have a pc(really? in this day and age?) or don't wanna wipe? Meh, to each their own.
Last edited by mdamaged; 25th July 2014 at 04:50 AM.
25th July 2014, 04:30 AM   |  #4  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 61

180 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_FSU

I actually have encountered problems on two separate Nexus 7 2013 editions both in less the a day of using towelroot. One tablet with a custom kernel bricked and the other tablet while rooted with towelroot is without a custom kernel and whenever encountering a force close will reboot itself and boot loop 20-30 times before eventually booting back into Android 4.4.4. I have no definitive 'proof' that towelroot is causing these errors but I find it all a little too coincidental. I hope your device fairs better then mine.

Haven't had a single issue so far. Did the towel root thing and then unlocked the boot loader then flashed clean ROM and this thing has been amazing so far on all aspects. I would start from scratch fresh and clean and see if that helps anything. Good luck but if u can give a step by step on what u did first through the last step and what version of towel root u used I might be able to help
26th July 2014, 04:11 PM   |  #5  
Flag Cambridge
Thanks Meter: 0

4 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdamaged

Not sure I see the point of towelroot on a N7, one just has to flash supersu in twrp.

Edit: I guess if you don't have a pc(really? in this day and age?) or don't wanna wipe? Meh, to each their own.

1. My computer's a desktop and 100+ miles away

2. Don't want to wipe
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread