Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,738,920 Members 42,243 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Towelroot by: geohot

Tip us?

Demmonnixx
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 61
Default Towelroot by: geohot

Just letting everyone know that is does work for this device as well. Not sure if it's been mentioned already or not. If so and it's old news, sorry but didn't see anything posted about here although I didn't look very hard either

On the latest 4.4.4 update. So far so good. Did it's thing in less than 5sec's. Root Check was good, Installed SU from the playstore, said something about the SU Binaries or something, rebooted and bam, that msg doesn't show up anymore and all looks to be good.

Thank you geohot!
Candy kat 1.3 w/uber
Sched: sio
min: 384000
max: 1620000
Gov: wheatly
Lightning Launcher
And all the candy sweetener avail at the time
The Following User Says Thank You to Demmonnixx For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Captain_FSU
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default Bricking and Boot Loops on Nexus 7 2013 WI-FI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demmonnixx View Post
Just letting everyone know that is does work for this device as well. Not sure if it's been mentioned already or not. If so and it's old news, sorry but didn't see anything posted about here although I didn't look very hard either

On the latest 4.4.4 update. So far so good. Did it's thing in less than 5sec's. Root Check was good, Installed SU from the playstore, said something about the SU Binaries or something, rebooted and bam, that msg doesn't show up anymore and all looks to be good.

Thank you geohot!
I actually have encountered problems on two separate Nexus 7 2013 editions both in less the a day of using towelroot. One tablet with a custom kernel bricked and the other tablet while rooted with towelroot is without a custom kernel and whenever encountering a force close will reboot itself and boot loop 20-30 times before eventually booting back into Android 4.4.4. I have no definitive 'proof' that towelroot is causing these errors but I find it all a little too coincidental. I hope your device fairs better then mine.

mdamaged
Old
(Last edited by mdamaged; 25th July 2014 at 03:50 AM.)
Thanks Meter 877

DONATE TO ME
Not sure I see the point of towelroot on a N7, one just has to flash supersu in twrp.

Edit: I guess if you don't have a pc(really? in this day and age?) or don't wanna wipe? Meh, to each their own.
Kenneth, what is the frequency? Set a fire for a man, and he will stay warm for a night. Set a man on fire, and he will stay warm for the rest of his life.

Demmonnixx
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 61
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_FSU View Post
I actually have encountered problems on two separate Nexus 7 2013 editions both in less the a day of using towelroot. One tablet with a custom kernel bricked and the other tablet while rooted with towelroot is without a custom kernel and whenever encountering a force close will reboot itself and boot loop 20-30 times before eventually booting back into Android 4.4.4. I have no definitive 'proof' that towelroot is causing these errors but I find it all a little too coincidental. I hope your device fairs better then mine.
Haven't had a single issue so far. Did the towel root thing and then unlocked the boot loader then flashed clean ROM and this thing has been amazing so far on all aspects. I would start from scratch fresh and clean and see if that helps anything. Good luck but if u can give a step by step on what u did first through the last step and what version of towel root u used I might be able to help
Candy kat 1.3 w/uber
Sched: sio
min: 384000
max: 1620000
Gov: wheatly
Lightning Launcher
And all the candy sweetener avail at the time

Captain_FSU
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdamaged View Post
Not sure I see the point of towelroot on a N7, one just has to flash supersu in twrp.

Edit: I guess if you don't have a pc(really? in this day and age?) or don't wanna wipe? Meh, to each their own.
1. My computer's a desktop and 100+ miles away

2. Don't want to wipe