Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,736,443 Members 50,137 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[KERNEL][VZW-DEV-EDITION][TW-AOSP 4.4][07/26/2014] KT-SGS5 - NF6 - KTweaker

Tip us?

razzrmaxx
Old
Thanks Meter 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuigiBull23 View Post
No... The kernel doesn't download anything for you. It's all done manually. In your case you will flash 7-14-2014 then open the Ktweaker app and navigate to Profiles & Scripts > Ktweaker Shop (Profiles) > Performance and download the original "Feed The Machine" profile. It is intended for use on Ktweaker version 7.6 or earlier. We are now on v7.8.
I'm sorry and thanks for your help & support, i do know how to download the profiles since almost a month now, i've flashed many updates till the 7.18.2014 update, but using the 7.14.2014 I was on the feed the machine profile until i saw the 7.18 version came out, before flasing the kernel I went to the profile shop and checked for updates and it was red & I updated the profile even before the kernel. Now after flashing the kernel the next day there was another update for the profile which was red, saying that the profiles had been updated with the new overclocking steps as well. I'm I crazy? Lol

LuigiBull23
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 5237

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by razzrmaxx View Post
I'm sorry and thanks for your help & support, i do know how to download the profiles since almost a month now, i've flashed many updates till the 7.18.2014 update, but using the 7.14.2014 I was on the feed the machine profile until i saw the 7.18 version came out, before flasing the kernel I went to the profile shop and checked for updates and it was red & I updated the profile even before the kernel. Now after flashing the kernel the next day there was another update for the profile which was red, saying that the profiles had been updated with the new overclocking steps as well. I'm I crazy? Lol
Yes, that is correct. I did update v2 to each profile with the new OC steps and voltage adjustments. That's what you were seeing.

Quote:
ROM: Liquidsmooth v3.0 (Nightly 3/13) ~ LiquidSmooth [Q&A/T]
Kernel: KT-SGS4 ~ Ktweaker Shop / Ktweaker User Guide
Radio: MDL
Recovery: TWRP 2.6.3.0
Mods: Xposed + Greenify + Project Comatose - Rebirthing profile
Andriod Terminology / Development Guide

razzrmaxx
Old
(Last edited by razzrmaxx; 25th July 2014 at 01:54 AM.)
Thanks Meter 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuigiBull23 View Post
Yes, that is correct. I did update v2 to each profile with the new OC steps and voltage adjustments. That's what you were seeing.
Ok here is my question again, is there a way to downgrade two profiles from the one that's being downloaded from the profile shop? For some reason it was giving me incredible battery life and performance with the 7.14.2014 kernel... sorry for my stubborn attitude lol and thanks again

LuigiBull23
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 5237

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by razzrmaxx View Post
Ok here is my question again, is there a way to downgrade two profiles from the one that's being downloaded from the profile shop? For some reason it was giving me incredible battery life and performance with the 7.14.2014 kernel... sorry for my stubborn attitude lol and thanks again
Not sure what profile version you're referring to. There's only 2 versions of Feed The Machine, v1 and v2. So if you're going to "downgrade" then you're obviously gonna wanna go with v1 (the OLD profile). It's the only one to downgrade to. That has to be the one you're referring to since v2 is ONLY for the 7-18 kernel and above. There is no other version of the profile. There's just the OLD (7-14 and below) and the NEW. Hope that answers your question. Otherwise, you're honestly making no sense to me. No offense man.

Quote:
ROM: Liquidsmooth v3.0 (Nightly 3/13) ~ LiquidSmooth [Q&A/T]
Kernel: KT-SGS4 ~ Ktweaker Shop / Ktweaker User Guide
Radio: MDL
Recovery: TWRP 2.6.3.0
Mods: Xposed + Greenify + Project Comatose - Rebirthing profile
Andriod Terminology / Development Guide

razzrmaxx
Old
Thanks Meter 21
No offense on this side too, I appreciate your help... this whole time I didn't see anywhere I read that v2 was for the new version of the kernel. I thoght the v2 was like a beta version or just a little different lol

ktoonsez
Old
Recognized Contributor / Recognized Developer - OP
Thanks Meter 37707

DONATE TO ME

Quote:
Touchwiz Kitkat 4.4 VERSION:
07.26.2014: http://goo.gl/AaLWNm
Quote:
AOSP Kitkat 4.4 VERSION:
07.26.2014: http://goo.gl/Yvoy06
Change Log 07.26.2013
1. cpufreq_limit: stop overriding user's max freq
2. Bump up max allowable voltage since we are OCing higher
3. vibe: Remove the moronic amount of dmesg spam from vibration motor
4. synaptic: Remove dmesg spam
5. cpu: Try some bandwidth tweaks on the upper steps
6. msm: kgsl: Fix nice level for higher priority GPU start thread
7. PM: devfreq: Use high priority workqueue
8. mm: slub: Default slub_max_order to 0
9. block: Reserve only one queue tag for sync I/O if only 3 tags are available
10. mmc: disable CRC check for speed
11. deadline: Allow 0ms deadline latency, increase the read speed
12. fs: Add sysfs module to allow enabling/disabling of fsync
13. KTweaker: Add toggle to enable/disable fsync under "Main Settings->Scheduler/SD Settings". This function will increase your write speeds by up to 3x, but reads do suffer by going down by about 20%!! Disabling this can cause corruption or loss of data if you have a random reboot so be careful!!!!!!
14. SELinux: Fix memory leak upon loading policy
15. Linux 3.4.1 thru 3.4.99 for the TW version from albinoman!!!!!!!
16. Merged in NG2 code from source drop!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If you like my work, donate with this link:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/dona....php?u=4325945