Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,741,924 Members 45,256 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

I need guidance! Gionee elife e7 mini

Tip us?

adwaitk007
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 218

DONATE TO ME
Thumbs up I need guidance! Gionee elife e7 mini

Hello guys,
After reading lot of reviews I have changed my mind from buying Htc 816 to gionee mobiles. Around my budget and requirement I found gionee e7 mini a best suitable for me.

What I need to ask is about it's 1gb RAM. According to me it should be enough. I am not a hard core gamer. Infact my current phone don't have enough memory to run any of most games so I have been away from gaming since last couple of years. What I mostly use it for surfing, calling, watsapp,etc.

So is e 7 mini sufficient for these activities?

Also what is overall feedback about Gionee as a so called "Chinese" company. When Micromax's Canvas series was out, I read lot of god reviews but after few months it was turn table. So I don't want to regret by going after a Chinese brand. Your suggestions are more valuable!

adwaitk007
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 218

DONATE TO ME
Finally my baby is in my hands now!!! Took a long while to make this decision and Just hope it will not disappoint me!!

1st impression: wow! whatta master piece!! Looks a lot premium and once can hardly guess it's a Chinese mobile. I guess they are redefining the "Chinese mobile tag".

Most impressive thing to mention, they have service centers in almost each district on Maharashtra and I never expected this! Just fingers crossed and I will update my experience on this thread with my elife e7 mini

Ravikirancg
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1003
if you are into flashing custom roms or want updates, dont expect any. good luck.

Indian Devil
Old
Thanks Meter 83
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravikirancg View Post
if you are into flashing custom roms or want updates, dont expect any. good luck.
Updates for S5.5 is coming later this month or early next month, so to say don't expect updates is not correct.

Sent from my S5.5 using Tapatalk

Ravikirancg
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1003
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indian Devil View Post
Updates for S5.5 is coming later this month or early next month, so to say don't expect updates is not correct.

They have been coming for 3 months now.. It's almost time for the next Android version and we are still stuck on a version 2 and a half years old..

Not to mention all the custom roms and kernels that we have.. Thanks to them releasing the kernel sources..

Moreover they just released 4.3 for the lte version of e7 now. When they promised 4.4..

Sent from my E7

GTARaja
Old
Thanks Meter 49
Quote:
They have been coming for 3 months now.. It's almost time for the next Android version and we are still stuck on a version 2 and a half years old..

Not to mention all the custom roms and kernels that we have.. Thanks to them releasing the kernel sources..

Moreover they just released 4.3 for the lte version of e7 now. When they promised 4.4..

Sent from my E7
thanks to them releasing kernel sources?? they released kernel sources?? btw any sucess of flashing the 4.3 on the e7

Indian Devil
Old
Thanks Meter 83
Quote:

Sent from my E7
OK. I wasn't aware of the updates or promised updates for E7 but I have heard from a very reliable source that update for 5.5 is coming on 27th. He gave me a very specific date but I still take 2 weeks plus/minus.

Ravikirancg
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1003
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTARaja View Post
thanks to them releasing kernel sources?? they released kernel sources?? btw any sucess of flashing the 4.3 on the e7
You gotta start understanding sarcasm mate!

And no.. It was quite useless.. It has the msm8974pro.. I don't think we can use it.. It did boot up once though.. But nothing much was working.. Extremely laggy. Probably it was clocked at 2.5GHz.. Not sure.. Needs more work nonetheless..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indian Devil View Post
OK. I wasn't aware of the updates or promised updates for E7 but I have heard from a very reliable source that update for 5.5 is coming on 27th. He gave me a very specific date but I still take 2 weeks plus/minus.

Eh! Nevermind.. Updates are good no matter what.. Then again any idea e7? I have never come across any news for its update..

Sent from my E7

GTARaja
Old
Thanks Meter 49
Quote:
You gotta start understanding sarcasm mate!

And no.. It was quite useless.. It has the msm8974pro.. I don't think we can use it.. It did boot up once though.. But nothing much was working.. Extremely laggy. Probably it was clocked at 2.5GHz.. Not sure.. Needs more work nonetheless..

hehe...btw what abt cm..did u started??....im still downloading sources

adwaitk007
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 218

DONATE TO ME
yeah!! Got 4.4.2 kitkat done today!!!

It's awesome!! Gionee e7 mini rocks!!!