Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,741,682 Members 42,569 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] "WD8801" 2DIN Android 4.04 Car Head Unit with Quad-Core 1.7GHz

Tip us?

nE0sIghT
Old
Thanks Meter 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drakey83 View Post
@nE0sIghT, I see your still talking about this unit in the Russian website and I see it looks like there could possibly be a firmware upgrade.
I received new unit from seller recently and it is an-21 u. I do not know about any firmware update from zhinavi for exynos wd8801. All known owners of wd8801 (exynos version) in Russia are selling it or exhanging to another unit
Linux 3.xx.x-gentoo SMP PREEMPT x86_64 Intel(R) Core(TM) i5 CPU GenuineIntel GNU/Linux
The Following User Says Thank You to nE0sIghT For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Drakey83
Old
Thanks Meter 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by nE0sIghT View Post
I received new unit from seller recently and it is an-21 u. I do not know about any firmware update from zhinavi for exynos wd8801. All known owners of wd8801 (exynos version) in Russia are selling it or exhanging to another unit
http://4pda.ru/forum/index.php?showtopic=529031&st=300

This is the forum I am talking about, I think they are saying that there is a new update for the WD8801 downgraded version (not exynox) that fixes a lot of the problems that the firmware was having. Could you mind reading that and letting me know if I am understanding correctly?
I love lamp!

nE0sIghT
Old
Thanks Meter 16
Quote:
I think they are saying that there is a new update for the WD8801 downgraded version (not exynox) that fixes a lot of the problems that the firmware was having. Could you mind reading that and letting me know if I am understanding correctly?
New june firmware is for Telechips unit version. Man that flash it said that there is no differences except new feature - WI-FI hotspot
Linux 3.xx.x-gentoo SMP PREEMPT x86_64 Intel(R) Core(TM) i5 CPU GenuineIntel GNU/Linux
The Following User Says Thank You to nE0sIghT For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Drakey83
Old
Thanks Meter 17
Quote:
New june firmware is for Telechips unit version. Man that flash it said that there is no differences except new feature - WI-FI hotspot
Thanks a lot man, I really appreciate it!
I love lamp!

edaison
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
That's the exact unit that I got for $480 plus free shipping and a 32 GB SD card thrown in for free, haggle with these guys and you might get a really good deal like I did. My seller told me that the earliest that he can ship it to me is the 20th because of the Chinese New Years and he took my money like 2 weeks ago, its kinda annoying but I knew what I was getting myself into when I bought the thing. Also, could you ask your seller about ODB2 functionality, I asked my seller before and said he would check but I don't feel like bugging him about it because I think I've already pissed him off with all of the questions I've asked him.
I'm thinking of buying this unit in the future. How's it behaved so far? Any problems? And is it worth the money or does it feel cheap? Oh, and did you find root for it? Thanks. I just wanna know what I'm getting into before spending that kinda cash.

Drakey83
Old
Thanks Meter 17
Quote:
Apparently it didnt work with my unit, it wont even start up past the boot-up screen anymore. Is there any information about that happening to anyone else and any word of a fix? I'm sorry to bother you again but I don't read Russian and I am desperate.
I love lamp!

Drakey83
Old
Thanks Meter 17
Quote:
Apparently it didnt work with my unit, it wont even start up past the boot-up screen anymore. Is there any information about that happening to anyone else and any word of a fix? I'm sorry to bother you again but I don't read Russian and I am desperate.
Never mind, I figured it out.
I love lamp!

toologic
Old
(Last edited by toologic; 26th July 2014 at 05:10 PM.)
Thanks Meter 3
I test june Telechips firmware version (270614) I flash it on my (universal) 2 din HU.
from futures:
- more correct luyuansetup application (password 66668888 to additional setup menu, instead 666666 in earler version)
- 3 preinstalled (2 chinese + iGo) and 1 customizable Navigation software
- correct speed show in nav apps
- correct FM freq show in launcher (87.50 instead 87050)
- also some interface cleanings

I make some works in this apps. I translate weather widget city.db from chinese to english transcription. Also i can add newer cities by id from en.weather.com.cn site.
And i try add translation on russian for some apps (LuyuanSetup, as more important)

I request the community. I'm looking for circuit wiring for connection DVB-T(2) receiver to the head unit. This wire is shown in the photo. Who has a wire - draw a diagram, please.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg dvb-t2-connector.jpg - [Click for QR Code] (60.7 KB, 17 views)

Tags
2din, car, chinese, head unit