No registration required

Htc one x+ cracked screen

OP blackminder

10th June 2014, 07:56 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

1 posts
Hi guys, as you can see i am new here
I have htc one x+ and it has cracked screen. I think only touch screen is cracked and LCD is not damaged. I want to know if i am able to change only touch screen, because i heard that its difficult to separate LCD and touch from each other.
Also i want to know if i can change it by one x screen, as long as i am unable to find any screen for x+
I have AT&T version but at the top it says HTC not AT&T, so i cant really understand what to do as long as its a lot of options available on ebay. (Currently i am outside of USA so dont advice me to take the phone for repair, best opinion for me will be if i replace the screen by myself)
2nd July 2014, 03:46 PM   |  #2  
Flag smelly manchester, uk
Thanks Meter: 3

60 posts
More
hey, hope this might help, i have a euro model(uk version) so i am unsure what screen you need ie frame+lcd+digitizer(it will be either sony or sharp)

does mean you would need to open you phone(voiding any warranty)

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2793341
22nd July 2014, 03:15 AM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 0

25 posts
More
Unhappy The same problem
I have the same problem and I don't know where i can buy a new one digitizer.

I found this replacement on ebay http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=331071120495

Does anyone knows if this digitizer works in the AT&T version? What did you do OP?
24th July 2014, 04:46 AM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 25

192 posts
Im not sure where to get the parts but I should warn you to be very careful when replacing it. Its much easier to replace the entire assembly. When you do, make sure to be gentle. When I finally set the screen back in I accidentally pinched the ribbon and the LCD didn't work. Its very fragile! VERY!

Edit: is the at&t screen for the x+ the same as the at&t x?
Sent from my HTC One X+ using XDA Free mobile app
26th July 2014, 07:37 PM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 7

41 posts
More
Hi guyz,

I had a cracked screen on my HTC One X+ with a cracked screen
Two things that can help
1) The screen and the digitizer (both) is acutally a one piece hardware. So both have to be replaced.
2) The One X's screen is compatible with the X+'s screen (I've got the one x's screen now)

I'm in India so cant help with places to buy parts from.....but an online (ebay) search might help.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread