Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,736,222 Members 44,795 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum
View Poll Results: Where you successful at getting OTA installed
yes 4 100.00%
no 0 0%
Voters: 4. You may not vote on this poll

[ROM][Guide][Ver-3][AT&T][NC2][OTA Update Fix][Soft Brick FIX]

Tip us?

mikep90
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Will I be able to restore all my apps and data with tituiam backup. I would have to take that backup off my storage so it won't be deleted. All have every app plus system apps backup. It would it be ok to restore system apps or just the data.

carl1961
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3535

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikep90 View Post
Will I be able to restore all my apps and data with tituiam backup. I would have to take that backup off my storage so it won't be deleted. All have every app plus system apps backup. It would it be ok to restore system apps or just the data.
depends on what rom you or using, If your using KitKat I say you'll be ok, if coming from JB then you may try . Yes I would copy my TWRP folder to my computer, for safekeeping. of all the flashing and installing I have done, I never had my External sdcard get messed up, but your internal sdcard will defiantly get wiped clean.

Makman20
Old
Thanks Meter 14
no safesstrap or busybox error for me, instead i'm getting the devblock/platfrom error
Samsung Intercept
Motorola Atrix
Samsung Infuse
Galaxy Note
Nexus 4
LG G2
Nokia Lumia 1020
Galaxy Note 3

carl1961
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3535

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Makman20 View Post
no safesstrap or busybox error for me, instead i'm getting the devblock/platfrom error
you need to explain what base your coming from and the steps you did.

Makman20
Old
Thanks Meter 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by carl1961 View Post
you need to explain what base your coming from and the steps you did.
last week i really just wanted the closest thing to offical Nc2 with no root or anything so i followed post #256. i kept a copy of stock on my sd card so i restored with that. successful.

now i see that it's possible to get official ota so i:
followed the directions. was really having issues with busy box uninstalling from the app. Next, i decided to start all over by going to MLG so i used odin to install "NC2_Bootloader_N900AUCECMLG_VER_2", NC2 Kernal, & SM-N900A_NC2_Modem. Successful

from there i rooted, installed busybox, safestap, and flashed" ATT_Stock_KitKat_N900AATTCNC2_ROOT_OTA"
I followed the new directions step by step
(*took me 2-3 tries to uninstall busybox from the app}.
(*in superu, i clicked on the "full unroot" option.)
Boooted into factory recovery to apply update from external (2400258)

then i get this message "dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/apnhlos" but also with a bunch of number and digits in front of it. i'll take a pic in a sec
Samsung Intercept
Motorola Atrix
Samsung Infuse
Galaxy Note
Nexus 4
LG G2
Nokia Lumia 1020
Galaxy Note 3

carl1961
Old
(Last edited by carl1961; 26th July 2014 at 06:57 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3535

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Makman20 View Post
last week i really just wanted the closest thing to offical Nc2 with no root or anything so i followed post #256. i kept a copy of stock on my sd card so i restored with that. successful.

now i see that it's possible to get official ota so i:
followed the directions. was really having issues with busy box uninstalling from the app. Next, i decided to start all over by going to MLG so i used odin to install "NC2_Bootloader_N900AUCECMLG_VER_2", NC2 Kernal, & SM-N900A_NC2_Modem. Successful

from there i rooted, installed busybox, safestap, and flashed" ATT_Stock_KitKat_N900AATTCNC2_ROOT_OTA"
I followed the new directions step by step
(*took me 2-3 tries to uninstall busybox from the app}.
(*in superu, i clicked on the "full unroot" option.)
Boooted into factory recovery to apply update from external (2400258)

then i get this message "dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/apnhlos" but also with a bunch of number and digits in front of it. i'll take a pic in a sec
since you did the MGL odin ver 2, you need to just odin install the NC2 firmware to replace MGL's apnhlos

NC2_Bootloader_N900AUCECMLG_VER_3 already had the correct NC2 firmware except the recovery, OTA will patch the recovery

also next time You have trouble with busybox uninstalling, just reboot the phone it will finish, when you try againg it shows it not installed, busybox app bug
The Following User Says Thank You to carl1961 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Makman20
Old
Thanks Meter 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by carl1961 View Post
since you did the MGL odin ver 2, you need to just odin install the NC2 firmware to replace MGL's apnhlos

NC2_Bootloader_N900AUCECMLG_VER_3 already had the correct NC2 firmware except the recovery, OTA will patch the recovery

also next time You have trouble with busybox uninstalling, just reboot the phone it will finish, when you try againg it shows it not installed, busybox app bug
Thanks man!!! back on stock %100. i should of read the OP better,
Samsung Intercept
Motorola Atrix
Samsung Infuse
Galaxy Note
Nexus 4
LG G2
Nokia Lumia 1020
Galaxy Note 3

The Following User Says Thank You to Makman20 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]