Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,741,210 Members 49,136 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

How to install google play store into a phone bought from China

Tip us?

cswong
Old
(Last edited by cswong; 12th January 2014 at 03:14 AM.) Reason: update
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gorelk View Post
try with this set of apks, these worked for me.

i cannot post links so i write it like this:

.4shared
.com/zip/7lqifKQk/G-apks.html
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsoto77 View Post
Thanks Gorelk, those gapps works perfectly now I can use play store I also add GoogleCalendarSyncAdapter.apk and GoogleContactsSyncAdapter.apk and can sync too also I'll upload the apks Gapps CalendarSync ContactSync.
Just flash the G-apks.zip at recovery?

Edit:
Tried. Cannot flash with recovery. Need to copy the apks to system/app manually.
Now google play work fine in my China phone.
Thanks

sannien
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Unhappy mtk 6250 to android

[Hello

I have a chinese smartphone .
The processor is MTK 6250

I want android on it, is that possible?

Thanks for respond

cswong
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by sannien View Post
[Hello

I have a chinese smartphone .
The processor is MTK 6250

I want android on it, is that possible?

Thanks for respond
I think you already have android on your phone. Only without google apps.

sannien
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default android on chinese phone

Quote:
Originally Posted by cswong View Post
I think you already have android on your phone. Only without google apps.
Thx for respond,
No there is no android on the Phone.

alimba
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Thumbs up Did it without rooting

Thanks for the advice. I just wanted to point out that I was able to install the Google Play store on 2 Huawei phones in China without rooting them. I just downloaded the APKs and installed them using the Android installer. I was relieved that rooting and changing permission was unnecessary.
I found that installing the Google Play apk by itself was enough (but I opted for a newer version than the one posted here). I also updated both phones to the latest firmware before doing this. This may have helped get rid of any limitations imposed by the mobile phone carrier (China Mobile, China Unicom, etc.).
On a friend's coolpad, however, I did have to install the additional 2 APKs to get the Google Play store to work and he still was not able to sync his Google calendar and contacts after that. So unfortunately YMMV.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrevorTiger View Post
Thanks for the information and the attachments xjarl!

This worked perfectly for me, but only after I changed the permissions on the 3 files! I bought a Coolpad (Yulong) 8022 with Android 2.3.7 in China through China Mobile. I rooted the phone but was unable to install Google Play until I found this post. I downloaded the attachment, extracted the files and copied the 3 APK files to my system/app folder and rebooted. After installing Google Play and running it, I could browse all the apps in the store but I could not download or install them. The progress bar didn't move.

So I launched Root Explorer and went to the system/app folder. Then I changed the permissions of the 3 APKs: GoogleServicesFramework.apk, GoogleLoginService.apk and Google_Play-v3.8.17.apk to rw-r--r-- to match all the other files in the folder and rebooted. Since then everything has been working fine! Now I can browse the App store and download and install files without a problem!

So, the steps I recommend are:

1. Root your phone.
2. Download the attachment above.
3. Extract GoogleServicesFramework.apk, GoogleLoginService.apk and Google_Play-v3.8.17.apk from the RAR file and copy them to the system/app folder on your phone with Root Explorer.
4. In Root Explorer click Mount R/W. Change the permissions of the 3 files to match the permissions of the other files in the folder (rw-r--r--). Then click Mount R/O and exit Root Explorer.
5. Reboot your phone.
6. Go to Accounts & Sync in your phone's settings, click Add account and enter your Google/GMail account details.
7. Go to your apps and Launch Google Play.

I'm guessing that this will work on any Android phone. Good luck!

artemis16
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Thumbs up thank you

thank you so much for your help..i really appreciate it.ur description made my life very easy

Blaz777
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default help

Quote:
Originally Posted by xjarl View Post
umm... I found there are many guys has the problem. When he want to install a google play into an android phone bought from China,always failed.
This thread just for noob of an andorid device. I'm also a noob lol..
I posted the method at Blogger. now paste here. Take huawei Ascend G330D U8825D as an example:

1. Make sure your Ascend G330D rooted. This is must be request.

2.Find 2 or 3 apk:
a>GoogleServicesFramework(Check your phone via RE explorer)
b>GoogleLoginService
c>Google play store(lastest version is better)

3.Copy those 2 or 3 apps to your phone(Internal or Extend are ok)

4.Copy them into System/app via RE.explorer

5.Restart your phone.
6.You will find the Google play and now login with your google account.

All the apk needed are in attachment, you can download it and decompress.

Hello

i root my samsung galaxy s5 bought in china, and copy GoogleServicesFramework, GoogleLoginService,Google play store files in System/app. when i restart my phone i get the error message that google service framework stop working the same with google play. I try different framework and google play and now i don't have error message anymore, but when i go to google play i have a message no connection retry.

please help.

ddxv
Old
(Last edited by ddxv; 20th April 2014 at 11:52 AM.)
Thanks Meter 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaz777 View Post
Hello

i root my samsung galaxy s5 bought in china, and copy GoogleServicesFramework, GoogleLoginService,Google play store files in System/app. when i restart my phone i get the error message that google service framework stop working the same with google play. I try different framework and google play and now i don't have error message anymore, but when i go to google play i have a message no connection retry.

please help.
Also on a Galaxy S5 (model SM-G9006V)

I loaded those three APKs (newest ones I could find) and have the same problem. Gmail crashes and Google Play appears to have no connection to the internet.

grbrown
Old
Thanks Meter 3

DONATE TO ME
Thumbs up Great news

Quote:
Originally Posted by fquintan View Post
So I solved my problem with the Xperia S LT26i Chinese:
I found the rom ITA LT26i_6.1.A.2.50_1257-5499_Generic_Italy.zip
and I installed it with flashtool
It was very simple
I did not understand if the device is rooted now
Now the device is fully Italian as if I had bought in my country
Ciao!
Thanks for this information I will try it soon.

hussainnaqvee
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default AWESOME!!!!!!!!!

you are totally awesome. I tried lot of websites to figure out this problem. when i saw this and gave a try, it worked on my cousin's Huawei G700-T11 with root access. I have another Huawei G610-T11 but when i upgraded this phone i lost root access and i am unable to root again, so please help to root. I used vroot to root phone

Tags
ascend g330d, google play issue, u8825d