[102414]Get CM11 based ROM work with F240x variants using this kernel - 100% working!

Search This thread

dkdkdk07

Oct 28, 2013
Same for me but i still love the look and the responsiveness of aosp especially with art.. so i just have to charge it at the end of the day..^^ i hope the developer cud find the way to make our device sleep like a baby!

Sent from my LG-E980 using Tapatalk

MitoTakatori

Jul 20, 2013
Quezon City
www.itman.philwebsite.com
Same for me but i still love the look and the responsiveness of aosp especially with art.. so i just have to charge it at the end of the day..^^ i hope the developer cud find the way to make our device sleep like a baby!

I have read that deep sleep is being worked at, together with the sound boost.

Reactions: dkdkdk07

MitoTakatori

Jul 20, 2013
Quezon City

I get to live with random high Android OS drain bug. Stock is perfect, but this Custom ROMs are really great to try. If L or 4.4.4 would come to LG G PRO officially, maybe I'll try it.

jello1993

Dec 2, 2013
Hanoi
At first, I tried installing Vanir and CM11, they said my device is not supported, so I edit the updater-script and add in the F240 model.
What to do when I flash the rom, recovery says that error found in system/media... something and then installation aborted? Thanks in advance. :good:

MitoTakatori

Jul 20, 2013
Quezon City
At first, I tried installing Vanir and CM11, they said my device is not supported, so I edit the updater-script and add in the F240 model.
What to do when I flash the rom, recovery says that error found in system/media... something and then installation aborted? Thanks in advance. :good:

If you'll read and follow the instructions in the first post, you'll find a solution to your problem, mate.

jello1993

Dec 2, 2013
Hanoi
If you'll read and follow the instructions in the first post, you'll find a solution to your problem, mate.

Well I did follow the exact steps as shown.

Come from stock 4.4 kitkat rom. Not to mention the exact rom as in your given link.
Rooted, installed freegee 6.0.4.7 CWM.
Reboot to recovery.
1. Flash CM11 ROM
2. Flash GAPPS
3. Flash this kernel

Stuck at step 1 as I said.

qwertnerd

Jul 26, 2014
Working well!

I wanted to try the Vanir Rom for so long and now I can. I have f240k and just flashed using your procedure. I can confirm that it is working well. However, just like you said the NFC does not work. Other than that i believe everything is working. I have a question (I am very new to this). Will the Vanir Rom Addons work with this?

Thank you so much for this post!

MitoTakatori

Jul 20, 2013
Quezon City
I wanted to try the Vanir Rom for so long and now I can. I have f240k and just flashed using your procedure. I can confirm that it is working well. However, just like you said the NFC does not work. Other than that i believe everything is working. I have a question (I am very new to this). Will the Vanir Rom Addons work with this?

Thank you so much for this post!

I assume they will. Kernel is the only difference in the E980 and F240x as far as I know. And good to know it is working well with you. :good:

dkdkdk07

Oct 28, 2013
I managed to get deepsleep.. i deleted nfc.apk and all nfc related files thru root explorer..then voila! The phone slept! Hope it helps.

qwertnerd

Jul 26, 2014
Froze em!

I managed to get deepsleep.. i deleted nfc.apk and all nfc related files thru root explorer..then voila! The phone slept! Hope it helps.

Thanks for that suggestion. Instead of deleting the NFC files I froze them through titanium backup and yes the result is better. Battery is holding up. I wish there is a cyanogen ROM for the 240k thats completely stable and devs come up with it. Using the Vanir right now 4.4.4 with the f240 kernel. I tried to look into the Vietnamese site lgviet but no success. Can't understand much either :confused:

ankitrocks

Dec 24, 2008
Kota
nm
got it :)

Attachments

• 99.JPG
    99.JPG
    73.6 KB · Views: 105
Last edited:

mbar

Jul 22, 2008
Warsaw
Xiaomi 12 Pro
The only problem I have with CM11 and GPRO (with this kernel flashed) is the default phone application is totally unresponsive after the call is started. It does not react to any touches -- I can't disconnect, use keypad to sent DTMF, etc.
Anybody can confirm the same?

ikechukz

Aug 3, 2014
Will this work if I am coming from stock 4.4.2.I have a limited data plan and can't afford to download the other rom.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi all! I just found and tested a kernel in LGVIET forum, courtesy of rui962190105.
    It is made to work with the latest CM11 nightlies. It is working perfectly with the latest nightly I flashed.
    It is also working with the latest VANIR and I guess also COMMOTIO.

Tested working with this ROMs:

1. VANIR (4.4.3 - 4.4.4)
    2. COMMOTIO 4.4.4
    3. BeanStalk 4.4.4
    4. AICP 4.4.4
    5. CM11 latest nightlies
    6. PAC 4.4.4
    7. Bliss Stalk 4.4.4
    8. CARBON 4.4.4

I managed to test AICP, VANIR, CM11, BeanStalk and COMMOTIO with this, and no problems still.

Here is the link:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-khXRwmmbnnSm0tUkVrdzE0dlk/view?usp=sharing

That is the kernel itself. Feel free to test it. I am on VANIR now and all is perfectly functioning.

How to:

1. Flash your CM11 ROM
    2. Flash GAPPS
    3. Flash this kernel
    4. Kaching!

Of course do the wipes needed, and please use latest recovery.

IMPORTANT!

1.) If coming from stock F240x, I suggest flash first the ROM first:

ROM: https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=23578570567716050

2.) Then install FREEGEE, install CWM 6.0.4.7 recovery, place the CM11 ROM, GAPPS, this KERNEL to your device storage.

2.1.) I advise to flash Philz Touch recovery after CWM from FreeGee. It is much better.

3.) Reboot to recovery, make a backup first to be sure, do the wipes, flash as instructed above, do another dalvik wipe, boot to system.

4.) If all is well, then you are good. If not report back here.

BUGS (I guess):

- NFC (I dunno if it's the KERNEL or the ROM)
    - Battery drains like 1% per 2 hours as for me, in Standby Mode.
    Updated. Taken from 4.4.4. Credits to rui and wang_sai.
    Is there any difference in the battery life

Somehow. GO SMS PRO is the one killing my batt. Other than that, it's great.
    Well, here is the short review:

1. Tried to install using CWM 6.0.4.4 that I had. No success. The installation failed on checking phone's model for CM11 zip that I downloaded from the official site. Theoretically, it can be easily overcome by repacking the installation zip and small fix in the script, but I am not sure it wouldn't fail on something else after that. So, whoever wants to install it with lower CWM version, it will likely not work.
    2. I installed FREEGEE and activated CWM 6.0.4.7 installation from FREEGEE menu. Rebooted into the recovery after and CWM 6.0.4.7 was there. A tip for doing the same - the backups I had (and which were done via old CWM 6.0.4.4) became invisible for the new CWM version. So, you must rebackup your ROM before you continue, otherwise you can find yourself without an option to revert. BTW, 6.0.4.4 version had also touch controls, and the new doesn't :(
    3. After taking the backup, I continued according to the instructions and all went good. Got well known CM that I had on my old Galaxy II a while ago.
    4. So far, things work - all basic operations that I used were OK, SD card is visible, no issues at the moment though I am using it for a half day, so can't report batter life for example (Sphinx 1.5 that I had before had a great battery life).
    5. Unfortunately, GPS signal losing that my phone has from time to time (and this was the reason for trying CM 11, though I understood that it is not likely that ROM can cause to this, just wanted to give it a chance) is still here and it happens exactly like it was with stock, MIUI, Sphinx (which is based on stock). Still can't find the solution for my GPS issues.
    I updated my kernel this noon and it looks much better, have to wait 24h for a real feed-back.
    edit : i'm running on CM11 nightlies