Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,740,547 Members 45,688 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[CWM] 6.0.3.3 for HP Slate 7

Tip us?

jerbear294
Old
(Last edited by jerbear294; 1st February 2014 at 02:14 AM.)
Thanks Meter 264
I just finished making a ROM for you guys. Feature-wise it is on par with my JB-SlatePlusROM except for the fact that it is not deodexed because I promised you guys a ROM Saturday, and it's Saturday in some places.
It will be a while before it's available... Mediafire uploading + TeamViewer connecting to my build server = about an hour and a half until uploaded.

EDIT: Next hurdle: CyanogenMod. @rjwil1086 when you send me your birch folder can you also send me your pine folder?

Sent from my Sero 7 Pro using Tapatalk
Current Device: Hisense Sero 7 Pro - Android 4.4.4_r2 - AOSP - Build DoPa 2.1

Current Development: CyanogenMod for the Slate 7 Plus, Ubuntu Touch for the Sero 7 Pro (M470BSA/USA Model)
DEVELOPMENT TEMPORARILY HALTED - sowwy

Like the Sero 7 Pro? Go to this thread and ask for our own forum and then add this to your signature till we get one.
The Following User Says Thank You to jerbear294 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

jerbear294
Old
Thanks Meter 264
OK guys, I've got the ROM uploaded (it took overnight... sheesh.)
Those of you interested can go here.

Current Development: CyanogenMod for the Slate 7 Plus, Ubuntu Touch for the Sero 7 Pro (M470BSA/USA Model)

Like the Sero 7 Pro? Go to this thread and ask for our own forum and then add this to your signature till we get one.

Python.
Old
Thanks Meter 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerbear294 View Post
OK guys, I've got the ROM uploaded (it took overnight... sheesh.)
Those of you interested can go here.
That's great news! I'll download it as soon as I can install CWM on my tablet. I've tried following various methods to install CWM but none of them have worked...

Just for future reference, how does your ROM differ from stock? What changes have you made?

Thanks again for porting your ROM!

jerbear294
Old
Thanks Meter 264
Quote:
Originally Posted by Python. View Post
That's great news! I'll download it as soon as I can install CWM on my tablet. I've tried following various methods to install CWM but none of them have worked...

Just for future reference, how does your ROM differ from stock? What changes have you made?

Thanks again for porting your ROM!
If you look in the thread I linked I explain everything, but basically it replaces the stock launcher with Apex, removes some Google Play bloatware, and adds the Xposed Framework and a few modules, including GravityBox, which makes Android almost as customizable as CyanogenMod.

Sent from my Sero 7 Pro using Tapatalk

The Following User Says Thank You to jerbear294 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Python.
Old
Thanks Meter 18
For future reference, if the install method in the OP does not work, then try the following:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerbear294
Download the CWM recovery image to your Slate 7 nand name it recovery.img
Then do the following in Terminal Emulator:
su
dd if=/path/to/recovery.img of=/dev/mtd/mtd3
Reboot into recovery and hope for the best.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerbear294
By /path/to/recovery.img I meant replace that with the path that you saved the recovery.img to. So by default you would put /sdcard/downloads/recovery.img

All credit goes to jerbear294 who helped me install CWM when the instructions in the OP didn't work.

An alternative to this is here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=50183929. This method, also, transfers the CWM file, renamed recovery.img, to the tablet. Then, it uses the following command to install the modified recovery.img:
Code:
Select Code
dd if=/sdcard/recovery.img of=/dev/block/mtd/by-name/recovery
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Python. For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

jrbxx7
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1060

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Python. View Post
For future reference, if the install method in the OP does not work, then try the following:

All credit goes to jerbear294 who helped me install CWM when the instructions in the OP didn't work.

An alternative to this is here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=50183929. This method, also, transfers the CWM file, renamed recovery.img, to the tablet. Then, it uses the following command to install the modified recovery.img:
Code:
Select Code
dd if=/sdcard/recovery.img of=/dev/block/mtd/by-name/recovery
This worked perfect for me. thanks for the post!!
The Following User Says Thank You to jrbxx7 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

rb2tfm
Old
(Last edited by rb2tfm; 27th July 2014 at 04:40 AM.) Reason: typos
Thanks Meter 0
It took me many, many tries to get this to work. My problem ended up being that this install would not work

with any other rooting method other than using RootGenius. I'm not sure what this program does during it's

root method that is different but it does do something that will allow this CWM Rec. to install perfectly.

Thank You!

Tags
cwm, recovery, slate