Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,736,443 Members 49,470 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

How to unlock S5 region lock

Tip us?

u1988
Old
Thanks Meter 2
cellunlocker.net:
Dosn't provide codes for Region Lock only for decives that open for Region Lock & Close for network lock !

*All Canadian Carriers are NOT subject to Region Locking

*All USA and European Carriers ARE subject to Region Locking

*There will be absolutely no refunds, if your device is Region Locked and an Unlock code is provided for your Samsung Device.

*If you are not sure please contact us first before placing your order

http://www.cellunlocker.net/samsung-unlock.php

fffft
Old
Thanks Meter 227
Quote:
Originally Posted by etaiso View Post
I have a Galaxy S5 which is region locked to the Americas. I'm trying to use it in other region, but when inserting non-USA SIM it asks me for a PIN code to unlock.

Samsung region locks to make it difficult to do exactly what you are trying to do. Reliable information on the topic is difficult to come by as it doesn't affect most of us.. hence most of us have little direct experience with region locking. And those affected frequently make assumptions and guesses but seldom study the issue methodically.

Some very knowledgeable people say that a normal SIM unlock will likely remove the region unlock as well. So that may be the best option for many. The question of whether using an Americas SIM, e.g. a prepaid SIM for example outside of the America's will release the region lock? The question gets raised from time to time but I have yet to see an authorative answer.. so the only thing that we can say is that it would probably work.

Lastly, one can, with root, directly examine and modify the region lock blacklist. So it is easily circumvented if you root your phone. I can vouch for the later. The other suggestions should work as well, but were not tested myself.