Originally Posted by hackerwayne
I have the exact same device and gave up on looking for ROMs as none of the ROMs actually work for this device.
I've spent weeks digging into the hardware aspects of the phone and heres what i know so far.
Processor: MTK 6572 1GHz
RAM: 512 MB (2GB is fake)
Filesystem: NAND (with UBIFS) So don't bother flashing Jeralds ROM thats for emmc + ext4 based phone. 100% guaranteed hard brick if you do flash it.
* Impossible to flash CWM. Tried MTKDroidTools UBIFS not supported, tried CTR 1.1, 2.1 with no luck.
* Tried to use Thunderbolt script to speed it up, won't work on this device since the kernel don't support it.
INCOMPATIBLE ROM NAMES (DONT BOTHER WITH FLASHING THESE)
- 20140102-v02 - EMMC based ROM
- A135MW_BS_V1.4_P1MB4_20131212_ML - closest i can find NAND + UBIFS.. Will flash but bricked, wont turn on at all. If i just flash system.img apps crashes.
- Goophone_i5s_mt6572_jerald - EMMC based ROM
- MF353ZPA Rar - EXT4 based ROM
- 谷蜂定制E09_GH_CN_6572_SV1.2.1_HV2.0_E09JB0F_V02_20131 31203-i5sGF - NAND based, will flash but bricked, wont turn on.
Currently i'm thinking to modify the ROM by opening System.img up, but i couldn't find a proper guide or software to open up the UBIFS image, tried mounting with Ubuntu but it simply won't attach.
Our device is not Goophone, ZoPhone, KiPhone or any "branded" knock offs, did some research and the closest "brand" i could relate it to is simply called Mi5S. Google that and you'll find some russian thread detailing about it.
I have a Nandroid backup. I think even i have the same model, tried to flash every known rom but of no use.
I managed to flash this ROM below but only goes till stock recovery.
Is it possible to build a Flashable ROM from the nandroid backup or atleast flash a working CWM recovery in order to restore the nandroid?