Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,742,912 Members 40,847 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] I need help regarding ROMs for UBIFS MT6572 based knockoff iPhone 5S

Tip us?
 
daoodshah
Old
#61  
daoodshah's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter 11
Posts: 79
Join Date: Jan 2014
Whts the error while flashing,,??

Sent from my Micromax A58 using xda app-developers app
 
Davy Bartoloni
Old
#62  
Davy Bartoloni's Avatar
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 15
Posts: 25
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Cuneo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Giorgos241 View Post
Nope.
And once i inserted a pin there it felt like a mix (felt a little bit of soft resistance) so i didnt over do it.
i've the same SOFT-RESISTANCE... i'm scared this can be a.. microphone?

Giorgos241 have you a BLOCK MAPS of your device? it's your partition addresses like these?

PRELOADER 0x00000000
MBR 0x00880000
EBR1 0x00900000
UBOOT 0x025A0000
BOOTIMG 0x02600000
RECOVERY 0x02C00000
SEC_RO 0x03200000
LOGO 0x032C0000
ANDROID 0x03FC0000
CACHE 0x1BBC0000
USRDATA 0x1C2C0000

the MBR at 00880000? i've this device.. and my dumped ROM are working correctly.. but all other roms (tested 50+) do nothing... black screen.. or not ligheted screen.

i've posted a dump on needrom..
 
Davy Bartoloni
Old
(Last edited by Davy Bartoloni; 31st May 2014 at 07:30 AM.)
#63  
Davy Bartoloni's Avatar
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 15
Posts: 25
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Cuneo

WARNING --- ALL MY ROMS/UPDATES/RECOVERY CAN BE USED ONLY ON IPHONE5S CLONES WITH MBR AT 0x00880000 --- WARNING

This smartphone is sell as a ZoPhone i5S dual core latest model 2014 , IS NOT UBIFS

for now i've do this:

Stock dumped firmware of february : a131mw_bs[2014/02/13]
- partition_index: SYS1
partition_name: MBR
file_name: MBR
is_download: true
type: NORMAL_ROM
linear_start_addr: 0x880000

CWM 7.0.5 (can execute scripts but there are some issues on formatting partitions)
- partition_index: SYS10
partition_name: RECOVERY
file_name: recovery.img
is_download: true
type: NORMAL_ROM
linear_start_addr: 0x2C00000

dumped rom A131MW_NBS[2014/02/2013] (connecting the power cable the screen shows orizontal patterns)
- partition_index: SYS1
partition_name: MBR
file_name: MBR
is_download: true
type: NORMAL_ROM
linear_start_addr: 0x880000

A131MW_NBS[2014/02/2013] flashable from STOCK RECOVERY (ZIP FILE)

DEODEXED A131MW_BS flashable from CWM Recovery


The interface... after every trick/fix/strangething is still LAGGY
i see on the web that Flavien as the "A131MW_NBS [2014/03/29]" (MARCH ROM),with this for now we collected 3 ROMS for this device... and there are no differences on interface speed.

i've tried to replace launcher (IphoneHomePanel.apk) using apks extracted from other clones but nothing works.. the smartphone remains on apple logo. (strange... is this launcher containing the UNLOCK SCREEN?)

and also.. what is "IphoneSwitchLaunchIconMode.apk" ?
 
Davy Bartoloni
Old
#64  
Davy Bartoloni's Avatar
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 15
Posts: 25
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Cuneo
Quote:
Originally Posted by hackerwayne View Post

Just checked with the *#3322#.. Apparently mines too A135 but its another variant @ A135W_ML_BS, things just got a little bit more interesting.. Ill check that with the russian thread and see whats different.
this mean ((A135W) that your smartphone has a MT6572 CPU and not the MT6572M (just 1 Ghz.. A135MW)
 
fezzan
Old
#65  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 5
Join Date: Mar 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by hackerwayne View Post
I have the exact same device and gave up on looking for ROMs as none of the ROMs actually work for this device.
I've spent weeks digging into the hardware aspects of the phone and heres what i know so far.

Processor: MTK 6572 1GHz
RAM: 512 MB (2GB is fake)
Filesystem: NAND (with UBIFS) So don't bother flashing Jeralds ROM thats for emmc + ext4 based phone. 100% guaranteed hard brick if you do flash it.

* Impossible to flash CWM. Tried MTKDroidTools UBIFS not supported, tried CTR 1.1, 2.1 with no luck.
* Tried to use Thunderbolt script to speed it up, won't work on this device since the kernel don't support it.

INCOMPATIBLE ROM NAMES (DONT BOTHER WITH FLASHING THESE)

- 20140102-v02 - EMMC based ROM
- A135MW_BS_V1.4_P1MB4_20131212_ML - closest i can find NAND + UBIFS.. Will flash but bricked, wont turn on at all. If i just flash system.img apps crashes.
- Goophone_i5s_mt6572_jerald - EMMC based ROM
- MF353ZPA Rar - EXT4 based ROM
- 谷蜂定制E09_GH_CN_6572_SV1.2.1_HV2.0_E09JB0F_V02_20131 31203-i5sGF - NAND based, will flash but bricked, wont turn on.

Currently i'm thinking to modify the ROM by opening System.img up, but i couldn't find a proper guide or software to open up the UBIFS image, tried mounting with Ubuntu but it simply won't attach.

Our device is not Goophone, ZoPhone, KiPhone or any "branded" knock offs, did some research and the closest "brand" i could relate it to is simply called Mi5S. Google that and you'll find some russian thread detailing about it.
I have a Nandroid backup. I think even i have the same model, tried to flash every known rom but of no use.
I managed to flash this ROM below but only goes till stock recovery.
谷蜂定制E09_GH_CN_6572_SV1.2.1_HV2.0_E09JB0F_V02_20131 31203-i5sGF

Is it possible to build a Flashable ROM from the nandroid backup or atleast flash a working CWM recovery in order to restore the nandroid?
 
flavien317
Old
#66  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 9
Posts: 184
Join Date: Aug 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davy Bartoloni View Post

WARNING --- ALL MY ROMS/UPDATES/RECOVERY CAN BE USED ONLY ON IPHONE5S CLONES WITH MBR AT 0x00880000 --- WARNING

This smartphone is sell as a ZoPhone i5S dual core latest model 2014 , IS NOT UBIFS

for now i've do this:

Stock dumped firmware of february : a131mw_bs[2014/02/13]
- partition_index: SYS1
partition_name: MBR
file_name: MBR
is_download: true
type: NORMAL_ROM
linear_start_addr: 0x880000

CWM 7.0.5 (can execute scripts but there are some issues on formatting partitions)
- partition_index: SYS10
partition_name: RECOVERY
file_name: recovery.img
is_download: true
type: NORMAL_ROM
linear_start_addr: 0x2C00000

dumped rom A131MW_NBS[2014/02/2013] (connecting the power cable the screen shows orizontal patterns)
- partition_index: SYS1
partition_name: MBR
file_name: MBR
is_download: true
type: NORMAL_ROM
linear_start_addr: 0x880000

A131MW_NBS[2014/02/2013] flashable from STOCK RECOVERY (ZIP FILE)

DEODEXED A131MW_BS flashable from CWM Recovery


The interface... after every trick/fix/strangething is still LAGGY
i see on the web that Flavien as the "A131MW_NBS [2014/03/29]" (MARCH ROM),with this for now we collected 3 ROMS for this device... and there are no differences on interface speed.

i've tried to replace launcher (IphoneHomePanel.apk) using apks extracted from other clones but nothing works.. the smartphone remains on apple logo. (strange... is this launcher containing the UNLOCK SCREEN?)

and also.. what is "IphoneSwitchLaunchIconMode.apk" ?
Hi, you have find a ROM for this phone, or how to speed up ?
 
Davy Bartoloni
Old
#67  
Davy Bartoloni's Avatar
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 15
Posts: 25
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Cuneo
Quote:
Originally Posted by flavien317 View Post
Hi, you have find a ROM for this phone, or how to speed up ?
ported Jelly Bean on the mt6572M , removed soft buttons, application CONTACTS are still crashing .. speed a little improved but i can't find a way to fix the contacs bugs and there are issues on VOICE CALLS (no sound)

i think this MT6572M is a very slow CPU... and we can't do nothing to speed up the firmware to reach MT6577 speed (on interface)
 
flavien317
Old
#68  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 9
Posts: 184
Join Date: Aug 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davy Bartoloni View Post
ported Jelly Bean on the mt6572M , removed soft buttons, application CONTACTS are still crashing .. speed a little improved but i can't find a way to fix the contacs bugs and there are issues on VOICE CALLS (no sound)

i think this MT6572M is a very slow CPU... and we can't do nothing to speed up the firmware to reach MT6577 speed (on interface)
ok, we have mt6572M ? if you want i have cwm 5.4 for our phone
 
dat.97.Vietnam
Old
#69  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 2
Join Date: Jul 2014
hi. i come from việt nam
I have one fake iPhone 5s mf353 zp / a file so I changed one number in styem / app then reboot up but now it is not on the screen but it does'' unfortunately, setup wizard had stopped. '' Can anyone help me sir.
* thank you!
sorry my enghish not good !!!!

Tags
custom rom, flashing, mediatek, mt6572, spflashtool
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


XDA PORTAL POSTS

Slide Dial Replacement Dialer Lets You Make Calls from Anywhere

If you frequently make phone calls, your dialer (aka phone app)is one of the … more

Navigate with Your Samsung Gear 2 Using DMA Navi Watch

Whether you’re travelling to a new destination or exploring some previously … more

Xperia Z1 Stereo Speaker Mod, Cell Phone Unlocking Legal Again! – XDA Developer TV

Cell Phone Unlocking is legal again!! That and much … more