Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,781,728 Members 44,447 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Xperia ZR ! Should I go for it ?

Tip us?

JimSocks
Old
Thanks Meter 8
if your phone is working good, then don't update. stock 4.3 has been terrible for me. pretty much every voice recording app broke (facebook, viber, audio messaging).
i'm hoping kitkat update in may will fix it.

rajth525
Old
Thanks Meter 19
Even i am looking forward to buy Xperia ZR but it seems in INdia there are no stocks in the shops and they say the production has stopped...and i read that there were heating issues.....this is bothering me..... so if the users of Xperia ZR confirm that the phones is worth buying and there are no such issues then i will go for it...and i intend to keep this phone for another 4 years...so any views?
Sony Xperia M

ajeesh.m
Old
Thanks Meter 9
Default dont worry about heating

I got a ZR over a month ago. I am very happy with it. There is no need to worry about heating issues.
I live in hyderabad where the temperature is very high (i wont say it's the highest in the world). When I play games for more than 30 minutes i had felt the device getting heated up - I just wipe it with cold water or pour a bit of cold water and it cools down - it is a waterproof phone after all.

The only drawback of the phone is the front camera (0.3 mega pixel) . But i never use video calling so that's fine with me.
The Following User Says Thank You to ajeesh.m For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

x.marX
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimSocks View Post
if your phone is working good, then don't update. stock 4.3 has been terrible for me. pretty much every voice recording app broke (facebook, viber, audio messaging).
i'm hoping kitkat update in may will fix it.
Thanks for the reply.

UPDATE: I put my phone in the water and now its sitting in the service center at the moment. Its been two weeks and they are saying they need to get a confirmation from their HQ to replace it under the Accident Cover Insurance (promo offer from Sony).

ajeesh.m
Old
Thanks Meter 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by x.marX View Post
Thanks for the reply.

UPDATE: I put my phone in the water and now its sitting in the service center at the moment. Its been two weeks and they are saying they need to get a confirmation from their HQ to replace it under the Accident Cover Insurance (promo offer from Sony).
were the flaps closed properly ? (those that cover micro usb port and headset jack)

x.marX
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajeesh.m View Post
were the flaps closed properly ? (those that cover micro usb port and headset jack)
Yes, It was but the back got torn off and water entered the insides quite easily.

Sorry for not updating the thread !

I got the mobile replaced under the Sony Accidental Care insurance program
Aaand they updated the new phone with the latest software from Sony