FORUMS

CloudPlayer: DIY HiFi Music Streaming Solution

In our Helpful Guide to Music Streaming Services, we mentioned several different services … more

Optimize Battery Life with This Useful App

Battery life is an important aspect of your smartphone, especially if you use it for more … more

The OnePlus 2 & The Year of Smartphone Compromises

We are very close to entering the last third of 2015, and we have now seen many of … more

OnePlus 2 Teardown, Major Android Vulnerability – XDA TV

The OnePlus 2 has been officially released. That and much more news is … more

Xperia ZR ! Should I go for it ?

78 posts
Thanks Meter: 1
 
By x.marX, Member on 19th April 2014, 06:16 AM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
27th April 2014, 05:27 PM |#11  
Member
Thanks Meter: 8
 
More
if your phone is working good, then don't update. stock 4.3 has been terrible for me. pretty much every voice recording app broke (facebook, viber, audio messaging).
i'm hoping kitkat update in may will fix it.
 
 
28th April 2014, 08:26 AM |#12  
rajth525's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Bangalore
Thanks Meter: 20
 
More
Even i am looking forward to buy Xperia ZR but it seems in INdia there are no stocks in the shops and they say the production has stopped...and i read that there were heating issues.....this is bothering me..... so if the users of Xperia ZR confirm that the phones is worth buying and there are no such issues then i will go for it...and i intend to keep this phone for another 4 years...so any views?
28th April 2014, 09:16 AM |#13  
Member
Thanks Meter: 11
 
More
dont worry about heating
I got a ZR over a month ago. I am very happy with it. There is no need to worry about heating issues.
I live in hyderabad where the temperature is very high (i wont say it's the highest in the world). When I play games for more than 30 minutes i had felt the device getting heated up - I just wipe it with cold water or pour a bit of cold water and it cools down - it is a waterproof phone after all.


The only drawback of the phone is the front camera (0.3 mega pixel) . But i never use video calling so that's fine with me.
The Following User Says Thank You to ajeesh.m For This Useful Post: [ View ]
5th May 2014, 12:14 PM |#14  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimSocks

if your phone is working good, then don't update. stock 4.3 has been terrible for me. pretty much every voice recording app broke (facebook, viber, audio messaging).
i'm hoping kitkat update in may will fix it.

Thanks for the reply.


UPDATE: I put my phone in the water and now its sitting in the service center at the moment. Its been two weeks and they are saying they need to get a confirmation from their HQ to replace it under the Accident Cover Insurance (promo offer from Sony).
5th May 2014, 03:10 PM |#15  
Member
Thanks Meter: 11
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by x.marX

Thanks for the reply.


UPDATE: I put my phone in the water and now its sitting in the service center at the moment. Its been two weeks and they are saying they need to get a confirmation from their HQ to replace it under the Accident Cover Insurance (promo offer from Sony).

were the flaps closed properly ? (those that cover micro usb port and headset jack)
27th July 2014, 05:01 PM |#16  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajeesh.m

were the flaps closed properly ? (those that cover micro usb port and headset jack)

Yes, It was but the back got torn off and water entered the insides quite easily.


Sorry for not updating the thread !

I got the mobile replaced under the Sony Accidental Care insurance program
Aaand they updated the new phone with the latest software from Sony
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes