Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,740,200 Members 40,356 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

NC4 Rooted & Safestrap installed successfully, Root/Safestrap instructions

Tip us?

joey_p1979
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Thanks for the post! Very helpful! BigginsROM here I come..lol

/null/
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Default unroot airwatch

Hello, I am tempted to do this so I can remove some bloat, however, I need air watch installed which detects root, check in is once every 14 days for compliance. Worst case, can restore to stock?
However, I would just like to be able to uninstall stuff and then unroot and reinstall air watch. Is unrooting possible?
Do I need to install Safestrap if I have no intention to load custom roms?
Our company is BYOD, however Airwatch is required to allow remote wipe/enforce long passwords/activesync parameters. Only requirement for BYOD is non rooted or jailbroken phones.

TYA
Windows is stable until you logon.

Jaye1
Old
(Last edited by Jaye1; 21st July 2014 at 11:16 PM.) Reason: found the answer to first part and deleted it
Thanks Meter 0
Someone with experience might be able to answer this question. I don't intend to flash any custom ROMs. The only reason that I would install Safestrap is because that is the only way that I know of making a Nandroid for a locked bootloader. My Apps and Data are about 7 GB, so it would be pointless for me to use one of the virtual slots of 6GB maximum. I intend to use my Stock ROM slot, i.e. boot up into my stock ROM. My question is this: If I don't create any virtual slots with Safestrap and boot into my stock ROM as I would normally do, would my new internal storage space be greatly diminished in size? I like having a lot of storage for future expansion possibilities. If so, maybe a nandroid would not be feasible for me.

sfirouz
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default After installing ROM into second slut it will not boot.

I followed this procedure and rooted my SM-N900V with CN4, installed busybox, installed SafeStrap, Installed SS Recovery, re-booted into recovery, created a slut, installed the Hyperdrive ROM onto the created slut and rebooted the system. The problem is the reboot goes into a black screen and never comes out. Has anyone been able to fix this issue?
Also at firest I installed the SS ver 3.75. in that version the system size is stuck at 2612 and cannot be changed. In version 3.72 the system size can be changed but the result is the same (Black screen after installing ROM)

Thank you
Sam

gr_exclamation
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaye1 View Post
Someone with experience might be able to answer this question. I don't intend to flash any custom ROMs. The only reason that I would install Safestrap is because that is the only way that I know of making a Nandroid for a locked bootloader. My Apps and Data are about 7 GB, so it would be pointless for me to use one of the virtual slots of 6GB maximum. I intend to use my Stock ROM slot, i.e. boot up into my stock ROM. My question is this: If I don't create any virtual slots with Safestrap and boot into my stock ROM as I would normally do, would my new internal storage space be greatly diminished in size? I like having a lot of storage for future expansion possibilities. If so, maybe a nandroid would not be feasible for me.
Hope I'm interpreting your question correctly, but no, if you don't create any slots your memory is not affected solely because you installed SS.

---------- Post added at 04:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:26 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfirouz View Post
I followed this procedure and rooted my SM-N900V with CN4, installed busybox, installed SafeStrap, Installed SS Recovery, re-booted into recovery, created a slut, installed the Hyperdrive ROM onto the created slut and rebooted the system. The problem is the reboot goes into a black screen and never comes out. Has anyone been able to fix this issue?
Also at firest I installed the SS ver 3.75. in that version the system size is stuck at 2612 and cannot be changed. In version 3.72 the system size can be changed but the result is the same (Black screen after installing ROM)

Thank you
Sam
Think this thread might help... If you're on the OTA NC4, then you'll need to follow the directions for "retail". Instead of the stock ROM mentioned, you'll be using Hyperdrive ROM.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=52088484

hsuwal
Old
Thanks Meter 1
I have updated verizon stock KK 4.4 previous, As described in http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2784009 rooted and installed Hyperdrive KK RLS8 from http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2520550 I'm able to install rom it shows successful but when reboot I see only black screen as turned off but phone is on and getting hot, So I feel phone is working but nothing even waited for more than 20 mins. Can some one help me what I did wrong and how to solve this problem. This is my second time, Last time same thing happened so i have went back to original verizon stock using odin, phone works fine. I have tried http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2760380 ( JasmineROM v2.2 ) too same thing after rom installed just black screen I can see nothing If I turn off taking battery out and turn on back I see recovery mode with safestrap but don't boot to system. Thanks