Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,737,124 Members 45,489 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Camera purple/blue/red tint problem

Tip us?

omgyeti
Old
Thanks Meter 0
So I did some Googling in order to get an answer as to whether I can send my phone in for this fix without getting it back unrooted/S-On.

From what I've read it seems to be hit or miss.

Anyone reading this sent one in that was S-Off, only to have it come back stock/S-On?

im_high_tech
Old
Thanks Meter 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by omgyeti View Post
So I did some Googling in order to get an answer as to whether I can send my phone in for this fix without getting it back unrooted/S-On.

From what I've read it seems to be hit or miss.

Anyone reading this sent one in that was S-Off, only to have it come back stock/S-On?
If you send it S-OFF, technically you are breaking the warranty. And that would REALLY suck for you, cause you would be without a phone for about 2 weeks and it would come back in the same condition, AND you wouldn't be able to fix it anymore afterwards. So you kinda gave birth to 3 birds with one womb.

I S-ON'ed mine when I sent it in, and luckily since this was within a week or 2 of 4.4.2 coming out, they only flashed 4.2.2 (I think. This was like 8 months ago. Whichever version is currently rootable). I would suspect that now, your phone would come with 4.4.2 + Sense 6.0, which is not rootable.