Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,739,209 Members 48,553 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[GUIDE] Download Booster Working!

Tip us?

shortydoggg
Old
(Last edited by shortydoggg; 24th July 2014 at 01:51 PM.)
Thanks Meter 258
Quote:
Originally Posted by galaxy s4 nutjob View Post
Had any one fixed the GPS on ance yet

---------- Post added at 07:18 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:18 AM ----------

Has any one fixed the GPS yet?
On ANCE, only private mode doesn't work. On AND3, both camera and private mode do not work. Everything else seems to works fine, including gps. You need the update services.jar file from post #100 for AND3 for the gps to work. You also might need to wipe dalvik-cache if you have safestrap to re-odex everything.

galaxy s4 nutjob
Old
Thanks Meter 18

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by shortydoggg View Post
On ANCE, only private mode doesn't work. On AND3, both camera and private mode do not work. Everything else seems to works fine, including gps. You need the update services.jar file from post #100 for AND3 for the gps to work. You also might need to wipe dalvik-cache if you have safestrap to re-odex everything.
OK thanks so swap the .jar in post 100 wipe dalvik?

Can you walk me through the swapping of the. Jar when I do I freeze n reboot n start with all .sec errors and have to restore from SS

shortydoggg
Old
(Last edited by shortydoggg; 24th July 2014 at 04:17 PM.)
Thanks Meter 258
Quote:
OK thanks so swap the .jar in post 100 wipe dalvik?

Can you walk me through the swapping of the. Jar when I do I freeze n reboot n start with all .sec errors and have to restore from SS
Did you fix the permissions when you swapped the files? If not, you can just follow the OP on fixing the permissions to rw-r-r with your root explorer. Just make sure you change the permissions to the new files before you swap them with the old ones.
The Following User Says Thank You to shortydoggg For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

galaxy s4 nutjob
Old
Thanks Meter 18

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Did you fix the permissions when you swapped the files? If not, you can just follow the OP on fixing the permissions to rw-r-r with your root explorer. Just make sure you change the permissions to the new files before you swap them with the old ones.
Sweet thanks man I was doing the permissions step wrong I was replacing without fixing them first worKS great now

galaxy s4 nutjob
Old
Thanks Meter 18

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
OK so now everything works but dl booster only works for the first 3 min then nada any suggestions?

shortydoggg
Old
(Last edited by shortydoggg; 24th July 2014 at 08:07 PM.)
Thanks Meter 258
Quote:
OK so now everything works but dl booster only works for the first 3 min then nada any suggestions?
None here.

You might be the first one who downloaded something that took more than 3 minutes. Samsung advertised the download booster as being able to download 1 GB of data in I think 1 minute, or 30 seconds. How much data was you trying to download?

If the speed difference between Wifi and LTE is too big, then the download booster will not work. Maybe you had slow Wifi, or were having slow LTE speeds at the time.

galaxy s4 nutjob
Old
Thanks Meter 18

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
None here.

You might be the first one who downloaded something that took more than 3 minutes. Samsung advertised the download booster as being able to download 1 GB of data in I think 1 minute, or 30 seconds. How much data was you trying to download?

If the speed difference between Wifi and LTE is too big, then the download booster will not work. Maybe you had slow Wifi, or were having slow LTE speeds at the time.
I think you were right I was downloading the visixANCE rom for SNG'S seems to be working great now, however not impressed with the speeds

Rakuu
Old
Thanks Meter 11
Just thought I'd note that if you can't get wifi hotspot/tethering with this, if you use something like nova launcher to make a shortcut to the hotspot settings it works, or did for me. You can also use the quick settings tile mod to add it back (WiFiHotspot) but long press on that takes you to usb tethering settings, haven't tested that yet.