Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,737,925 Members 52,679 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[MOD][S5] Volume Boost [G900F] TW

Tip us?

Paolonicus
Old
Thanks Meter 48
Thumbs up Great Job with the Audio Volume Boost

Thank you for this Mod. I was used to having my Smartphone as my Music Player. I enjoyed it with my previous GT-i9500.

I got an idea. I noticed that a lot of people have different preferences regarding the volume levels. Why not make a rooted app for this? That would be great!

stalli0nUK
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 165
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paolonicus View Post
Thank you for this Mod. I was used to having my Smartphone as my Music Player. I enjoyed it with my previous GT-i9500.

I got an idea. I noticed that a lot of people have different preferences regarding the volume levels. Why not make a rooted app for this? That would be great!
Someone who can make android apps would have no problem making a simple tool to change the correct lines to adjust the volume. Unfortunately I don't have a clue how to make one.

Sent from my SM-G900F using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Samsung S5 - G900F
XtreStoLite ROM
KT-SGS5 Kernel
The Following User Says Thank You to stalli0nUK For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

bervin
Old
Thanks Meter 280
Can you make a guide on how to do this manually? I have root but i don't want to trip knox and flash a custom recovery to flash the zip.
Thanks XDA for making my Android so much more fun

pelpa87
Old
Thanks Meter 357
hey man, nice mod! i'm looking forward to do the same to my G900H variant. but, only to the speaker volume. can you say me iwch scenario y must change and wich value? thx!
SamsungGalaxy S5 | ROM:- | Kernel: Rooted

Evolution: Nokia 1100-->Sony E T290-->Motorola ROKR E2-->Samsung E256-->Blackberry 8100-->Nokia NGage QD-->Blackberry 8520-->Nokia 5320-->Nokia N85-->Blackberry 9700-->Blackberry 9800-->Nokia N8-->Samsung S2-->Samsung S3-->Samsung S4-->other phone, not proud of it-->Sony Xperia ZL

If i've helped you in any way,
hit the thanks button.

carbonize
Old
Thanks Meter 82

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by bervin View Post
Can you make a guide on how to do this manually? I have root but i don't want to trip knox and flash a custom recovery to flash the zip.
The instructions are in here somewhere. Extract, replace, chmod
C a r b o n i z e

wildalan
Old
Thanks Meter 35
let me get this straight....since im unzipping and replacing the file in system/etc... so v4 will increase the volume of both speaker and headset?

---------- Post added at 09:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:05 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by stalli0nUK View Post
You must be rooted to flash this file in recovery. Or you can simply extract the mixer_paths.xml from the zip and replace the original using a root explorer.. again must be rooted
original located system/etc/
and remember to set the permissions rw-r-r
can u explain plz in details how to set the permission

stalli0nUK
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 165
Quote:
Originally Posted by wildalan View Post
let me get this straight....since im unzipping and replacing the file in system/etc... so v4 will increase the volume of both speaker and headset?

---------- Post added at 09:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:05 PM ----------

can u explain plz in details how to set the permission
yes replacing and setting correct permission, the file will increase volume after reboot.
How to set permission for rw-r-r either google it or watch vid https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aqyn9FBQTGM

Samsung S5 - G900F
XtreStoLite ROM
KT-SGS5 Kernel
The Following User Says Thank You to stalli0nUK For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

wildalan
Old
Thanks Meter 35
Quote:
yes replacing and setting correct permission, the file will increase volume after reboot.
How to set permission for rw-r-r either google it or watch vid https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aqyn9FBQTGM
thanks for replying so fast....so in ur opinion v4 is the best mod? it'll increase both speaker and headset?

stalli0nUK
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 165
Quote:
Originally Posted by wildalan View Post
thanks for replying so fast....so in ur opinion v4 is the best mod? it'll increase both speaker and headset?
v4 is what I use. Applying the Mod is a must for me when I use a new ROM. Stock volume sucks bad.

Samsung S5 - G900F
XtreStoLite ROM
KT-SGS5 Kernel
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to stalli0nUK For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

wildalan
Old
Thanks Meter 35
Quote:
v4 is what I use. Applying the Mod is a must for me when I use a new ROM. Stock volume sucks bad.

thnx again I'm using v4 my self also...it's my 2nd day with s5 coming from note 3 and it'll take time to get used to it

Tags
boost, volume