Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,737,925 Members 52,679 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[MOD][S5] Volume Boost [G900F] TW

Tip us?
 
Paolonicus
Old
#211  
Paolonicus's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 48
Posts: 424
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Jubail Industrial City
Thumbs up Great Job with the Audio Volume Boost

Thank you for this Mod. I was used to having my Smartphone as my Music Player. I enjoyed it with my previous GT-i9500.

I got an idea. I noticed that a lot of people have different preferences regarding the volume levels. Why not make a rooted app for this? That would be great!
 
stalli0nUK
Old
#212  
stalli0nUK's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 165
Posts: 229
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Oxford
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paolonicus View Post
Thank you for this Mod. I was used to having my Smartphone as my Music Player. I enjoyed it with my previous GT-i9500.

I got an idea. I noticed that a lot of people have different preferences regarding the volume levels. Why not make a rooted app for this? That would be great!
Someone who can make android apps would have no problem making a simple tool to change the correct lines to adjust the volume. Unfortunately I don't have a clue how to make one.

Sent from my SM-G900F using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Samsung S5 - G900F
XtreStoLite ROM
KT-SGS5 Kernel
The Following User Says Thank You to stalli0nUK For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
bervin
Old
#213  
bervin's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 280
Posts: 1,165
Join Date: Nov 2009
Can you make a guide on how to do this manually? I have root but i don't want to trip knox and flash a custom recovery to flash the zip.
Thanks XDA for making my Android so much more fun
 
pelpa87
Old
#214  
pelpa87's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 357
Posts: 885
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Pilar
hey man, nice mod! i'm looking forward to do the same to my G900H variant. but, only to the speaker volume. can you say me iwch scenario y must change and wich value? thx!
SamsungGalaxy S5 | ROM:- | Kernel: Rooted



Evolution: Nokia 1100-->Sony E T290-->Motorola ROKR E2-->Samsung E256-->Blackberry 8100-->Nokia NGage QD-->Blackberry 8520-->Nokia 5320-->Nokia N85-->Blackberry 9700-->Blackberry 9800-->Nokia N8-->Samsung S2-->Samsung S3-->Samsung S4-->other phone, not proud of it-->Sony Xperia ZL

If i've helped you in any way,
hit the thanks button.
 
carbonize
Old
#215  
carbonize's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 82
Posts: 462
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Bristol

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by bervin View Post
Can you make a guide on how to do this manually? I have root but i don't want to trip knox and flash a custom recovery to flash the zip.
The instructions are in here somewhere. Extract, replace, chmod
C a r b o n i z e
 
wildalan
Old
#216  
wildalan's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 35
Posts: 313
Join Date: May 2007
let me get this straight....since im unzipping and replacing the file in system/etc... so v4 will increase the volume of both speaker and headset?

---------- Post added at 09:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:05 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by stalli0nUK View Post
You must be rooted to flash this file in recovery. Or you can simply extract the mixer_paths.xml from the zip and replace the original using a root explorer.. again must be rooted
original located system/etc/
and remember to set the permissions rw-r-r
can u explain plz in details how to set the permission
 
stalli0nUK
Old
#217  
stalli0nUK's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 165
Posts: 229
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Oxford
Quote:
Originally Posted by wildalan View Post
let me get this straight....since im unzipping and replacing the file in system/etc... so v4 will increase the volume of both speaker and headset?

---------- Post added at 09:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:05 PM ----------


can u explain plz in details how to set the permission
yes replacing and setting correct permission, the file will increase volume after reboot.
How to set permission for rw-r-r either google it or watch vid https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aqyn9FBQTGM

Samsung S5 - G900F
XtreStoLite ROM
KT-SGS5 Kernel
The Following User Says Thank You to stalli0nUK For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
wildalan
Old
#218  
wildalan's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 35
Posts: 313
Join Date: May 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by stalli0nUK View Post
yes replacing and setting correct permission, the file will increase volume after reboot.
How to set permission for rw-r-r either google it or watch vid https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aqyn9FBQTGM
thanks for replying so fast....so in ur opinion v4 is the best mod? it'll increase both speaker and headset?
 
stalli0nUK
Old
#219  
stalli0nUK's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 165
Posts: 229
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Oxford
Quote:
Originally Posted by wildalan View Post
thanks for replying so fast....so in ur opinion v4 is the best mod? it'll increase both speaker and headset?
v4 is what I use. Applying the Mod is a must for me when I use a new ROM. Stock volume sucks bad.

Sent from my SM-G900F using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Samsung S5 - G900F
XtreStoLite ROM
KT-SGS5 Kernel
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to stalli0nUK For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
wildalan
Old
#220  
wildalan's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 35
Posts: 313
Join Date: May 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by stalli0nUK View Post
v4 is what I use. Applying the Mod is a must for me when I use a new ROM. Stock volume sucks bad.

Sent from my SM-G900F using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
thnx again I'm using v4 my self also...it's my 2nd day with s5 coming from note 3 and it'll take time to get used to it

Tags
boost, volume
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes