Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,736,513 Members 51,047 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROM][AOSP][Nightly/Release] CarbonRom KitKat [moto_msm8960]

Tip us?

xKroniK13x
Old
Thanks Meter 58
Quote:
Originally Posted by speye007 View Post
I'm a noob on this phone I generally ROM Samsung's and I found this phone (905) so hard to even get to recovery let alone get the ROM on so I have a
Couple of questions:
1: How do I get back to 4.1.2 & RSD?
2: Could you assist with the steps to complete this ?

Cheers and thank you in advance.
Boot loader must be unlocked. From 4.4.2, run Towel Root and the motopocalypse apk. Restart and confirm unlock. Then... http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2786016

Sent from my RAZR M (CM Nightlies) from Tapatalk Pro.
Please say thanks if a post helps you out.
"There's no point for democracy when ignorance is celebrated." -NOFX

Devices
Motorola Droid Razr M Unlocked on Cyanogenmod Nightlies 4.4.4
Archos G9 101 Developer Edition on Cyanogenmod 11 4.4.3

whizinc
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Default HELP

i am going to install this rom on my Droid Razr M XT907 which is on official Kitkat 4.4.2 update..

my question is will I be able to install this rom on unlocked bl? and please tell me that if this rom is stable or not? or it has bugs? if it has bugs then please mention them. I will be very greatful if anyone helps me thanks.

xKroniK13x
Old
Thanks Meter 58
Quote:
Originally Posted by whizinc View Post
i am going to install this rom on my Droid Razr M XT907 which is on official Kitkat 4.4.2 update..

my question is will I be able to install this rom on unlocked bl? and please tell me that if this rom is stable or not? or it has bugs? if it has bugs then please mention them. I will be very greatful if anyone helps me thanks.
Same response as earlier in a different thread...

You need to read and read again before you flash something. It says everywhere it HAS to be an unlocked boot loader. If you install the nightly ROM, yes it has bugs. Also you will need to follow the instructions above to RSD back to JB, as this ROM uses the JB bootloader.

Please say thanks if a post helps you out.
"There's no point for democracy when ignorance is celebrated." -NOFX

Devices
Motorola Droid Razr M Unlocked on Cyanogenmod Nightlies 4.4.4
Archos G9 101 Developer Edition on Cyanogenmod 11 4.4.3
The Following User Says Thank You to xKroniK13x For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

whizinc
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by xKroniK13x View Post

You need to read and read again before you flash something. It says everywhere it HAS to be an unlocked boot loader. If you install the nightly ROM, yes it has bugs. Also you will need to follow the instructions above to RSD back to JB, as this ROM uses the JB bootloader.

what kind of bugs? major bugs? or light bugs? i use skype alot so i just cant bear mic issues. please tell me if that if this rom is worth for it because i will work on it for a long time so if the rom aint worth it then it'll be a problem please help

---------- Post added at 10:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:49 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by xKroniK13x View Post

and if there's a bug free rom for droid razr m then please let me know