Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,737,925 Members 52,215 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[SM-V700] tizen downgrade android

Tip us?

Maclamond1979
Old
(Last edited by Maclamond1979; 23rd July 2014 at 06:28 PM.) Reason: Replied to wrong person, I'm a noob
Thanks Meter 1
Default Rare poster, sorry!

Hi all. I don't post on here often but I thought I'd try to help. I tried about 10 times before I got it to work. I sometimes need step by step instructions down to the smallest detail to figure out some of this Android stuff lol. So I though I'd add some foot notes for people who need help. Below are OP's instructions with some edits (things i did) that may help. (I don't know how to post his pics sorry)

1. Download file(use chromium-browser)

(HAD TO REMOVE LINK, NEW POSTER)

2. UNZIP SM-V700_tizen_to_android.zip

3. RIGHT CLICK ON Odin, RUN AS ADMIN

4. flash 1_dn_android.tar
Click image for larger version

Name: 1.PNG
Views: 3468
Size: 114.5 KB
ID: 2786168

4A) After the file is flashed, it will do nothing. Remove Gear from cradle.

5. HOLD POWER BUTTON TO GET INTO DOWNLOAD MODE (This is where I was messing up, I kept trying to reboot into recovery)

The following message is displayed,

Name: 3.jpg
Views: 2122
Size: 97.6 KB
ID: 2786178

6. flash 2_recovery.img.tar

Name: 2.PNG
Views: 2655
Size: 93.1 KB
ID: 2786169

7. AGAIN AFTER IT FLASHES IT WILL DO NOTHING. WHEN FINISHED, REMOVE FROM CRADLE

8. HOLD POWER BUTTON TO REBOOT, SELECT RECOVERY THIS TIME. THEN IT SHOULD SHOW "UPDATING" THEN REBOOT ITSELF.

9. BOOM, DONE[COLOR="Silver"]

---------- Post added at 05:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:18 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr..bean View Post
i need help so i tried to flash tizen but it failed i got the message update failed so i did wut was said here to flash the 1st thing i go into boot screen i can go to download mode and recovery so i went to recovery but its infinite boot at the samsung galaxy gear logo part though but i read all pages saying to go in download first but i did that already but its still infinite looping help PLEASE i want my watch back its rooted though help

This happened to me. I realized I was flashing the update and not stock Tizen. (if thats what its called)

Make sure you are using V700XXUCNE9 to upgrade from Android to Tizen. Then update with: V700OXACNF1.

Hope that helps.
The Following User Says Thank You to Maclamond1979 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

shamrock505
Old
Thanks Meter 13
The blue status bar on Gear goes to the right almost immediately - last listing on Odin is NAND write start!!-doesn't go any further - any help? Thanks in advance

shamrock505
Old
Thanks Meter 13
I figured it out - thanks anyways

ndesent
Old
Thanks Meter 6
Default stuck

got thru the whole process but my touch screen isnt working..... Help please. I can see the screen telling me to connect to my phone but cant press the check mark validate passcode.....The downgrade worked but the screen isnt