Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,740,547 Members 45,634 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[MOD][G900V]Hotspot Patch

Tip us?

whtciv2k
Old
Thanks Meter 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by Versatile1 View Post
If you are sure you are using stock services.jar then try wiping dalvik

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
no workie....

Versatile1
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 291

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by whtciv2k View Post
no workie....
It's your services.jar I assure you.

whtciv2k
Old
Thanks Meter 9
Quote:

I actually had the same problem when I went to install the download booster, I had followed the instructions to replace the services.jar and odex files and it didn't work until someone posted up a .zip

I am 100% sure I have the right .jar and odex files. I got them from another post from someone who had posted the stock files.

---------- Post added at 11:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:17 PM ----------

Quote:

Do you happen to have the jar and odex files you could send over? Sorry to be a bother, I just really want to remedy this problem. I've been at it for about 4 hours now.

---------- Post added at 11:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:17 PM ----------

Quote:

Figured out my problem. I was moving the file from my PC to my SD card on my phone. Apparently, those sys files don't like that. I moved them to my phone storage, moved the services.jar and odex files to the /system/ folder, edited permissions for both to rw-r-r and then moved them to the /system/framework folder afterwards. used sqlite editor to remove the quicksetting. Didn't even have to reset the quick settings for it to start working. Obviously DL booster is no longer working but I'm good with that.

Thanks dude! have a great weekend.

whtciv2k
Old
Thanks Meter 9
One last thing.... dl booster no longer works and the running notification of the wifi hotspot works and when I click it it takes me to wifi hotspot options. Regular press for wifi hotspot quicksetting turns it on properly. But longpress still takes me to usb tether options. Any ideas on how to correct this? Thanks. Already wiped davlik and reset quicksetting tiles.

Versatile1
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 291

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by whtciv2k View Post
One last thing.... dl booster no longer works and the running notification of the wifi hotspot works and when I click it it takes me to wifi hotspot options. Regular press for wifi hotspot quicksetting turns it on properly. But longpress still takes me to usb tether options. Any ideas on how to correct this? Thanks. Already wiped davlik and reset quicksetting tiles.
That's how it is setup to work.

whtciv2k
Old
Thanks Meter 9
Oh okay. Thanks. I could have swore it used to open the wifi hotspot app but I'm happy with what I got.